KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » House Of 1000 Corpses

House Of 1000 Corpses
Started by: DanieLs_4_Ever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I then took a break from the horror flicks and watched 'The Two Towers', Lord of the Rings, that is. My room mate rented it from the mom and pop store that somehow had it early. I saw it last Sunday night where most people had to wait until today. Slug heads. So, the best part of all that DVD's special features is the making of Sean Astin's Short Film, not the actual film, 'The Long and Short of It'. And then. . . .... . . . and then my friends, the very next day, ... . I watched .... . .

Last edited by Tired-Hiker on Aug 27th, 2003 at 08:39 AM

Old Post Aug 27th, 2003 08:29 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

... . .. ..TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE. (someone needs to make a chainsaw smiley.) Oh, my god.

I thought I remembered this film vividly. But there were many aspects of it that I clearly didn't remember since it shocked the hell out of me once again. And, just like Zombie's 1000 Corpses, the editing wasn't all that great, making it perfect. How can a true horror buff not like thousand corpses when Tobe Hooper himself hails it as "one hell of a great horror movie!"

Sorry if I hogged alot of RAM and stuff. I just got over a very interesting movie weedend, I mean weekend. evil face

Old Post Aug 27th, 2003 08:36 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

house of 1000 corpses has alot of borrowed scenes from TCM

Old Post Aug 27th, 2003 08:56 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Yes, more of a "hats off" to TCM than a rip off. A tribute, so to speak. Still a great horror flick in it's own right. Doctor Satan was damn cool.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2003 09:43 AM
BackFire

yeah. he looked so cool with that wierd spider thing on his back.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2003 09:59 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Yeah, in the special features it showed him in the rough stages and that spider thing was made of pvc pipe and it lookes cool.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2003 10:53 AM
Striel
Delirious and Deluded

I am a fan of this movie. It is a BIT of a ripoff of Texas Chainsaw Massacre and a few other 70's horror flicks, but I still enjoyed it. I'd like to see more movies go back to that style of filming, it makes them seem more...real.

Does anyone know if they are going to release the unrated version at all now? I know they planned on it, but now you can only buy the R-rated one. I can't find any info about it on the internet, just other people asking the same question.

www.theangrytruth.com

Old Post Sep 8th, 2003 11:54 PM
Striel is currently offline Click here to Send Striel a Private Message Find more posts by Striel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

probably eventually. hasnt been announced officially though.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2003 12:16 AM
grymlock
mountain of power

well i have to agree with striel, i do enjoy watching this movie...

well if i not mistaken they gonna screen TCM soon... well more power to it!! emm??

- master of creator Godshinto

"In Darkness Everything Become Clearer Then Daylight" - King Diamond

"From Lashes To Ashes, From Lust To Dust" - Ville Valo (HIM)

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 11:16 AM
grymlock is currently offline Click here to Send grymlock a Private Message Find more posts by grymlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Waggy the Dog

the last twenty or so minutes of the movie were awsome, that for me, was worth purchasing the DVD.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 02:19 AM
Waggy the Dog is currently offline Click here to Send Waggy the Dog a Private Message Find more posts by Waggy the Dog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

the movie as a whole was a quality horror flick

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 02:20 AM
Puresugar12

House of 1000 Corpses is one of the greatest horror movies ever. There really aren't a lot of truly great horror movies, but this is one of them. The fact that there are no survivors is very unique. The character of Captain Spaulding was hilarious (and he's a very nice guy in person), the cast did very well, and the directing was top notch. I loved the 8mm segments shown when going from one scene to the next. Rob Zombie is great as a director and I hope it does it alot more. A new House of a 1000 Corpses movie is in the works and Sid Haig himself (Captain Spaulding) said it would start filming near the begining of 2004. This movie is easily one of the top 20 greatest horror movies.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 06:58 PM
Puresugar12 is currently offline Click here to Send Puresugar12 a Private Message Find more posts by Puresugar12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote