KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » Terminator Classifications

Terminator Classifications
Started by: SpikeSpiegel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

What number is arnie?

What terminater number is arnie supposed to be in each of the 3 terminator films? T-101, T-800 what?

Old Post Jul 9th, 2003 11:58 AM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CoCooN

If you watched T2 you wouldnt even think about to ask that question... OK i will tell you: Originaly, no matter who tells you deferent he is T-101 (in conversation between John & Arnie in T2 he told him)...but Jonathan (director of T3) come up with stupid name like T-800, and whole world think is T-800.

POINT: Arnold is T-101, but in T3 is upgradable to T-800 understand?

Old Post Jul 9th, 2003 12:05 PM
CoCooN is currently offline Click here to Send CoCooN a Private Message Find more posts by CoCooN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

yup i just read different things in different magazines

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Jul 9th, 2003 02:24 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JRatT12

Smile

is he a T-101 in T1 or a T-100 cant remeber havent seen the movie in a cople of week (i have a very bad memory) smile

Old Post Jul 10th, 2003 12:27 AM
JRatT12 is currently offline Click here to Send JRatT12 a Private Message Find more posts by JRatT12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CoCooN

He is T-101 all the time...except in T3, but in T3 Arnie said he is too old machine to kill Tx, that mean he must be steel T-101. I think Jonathan Mostow didnt watch T2.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2003 06:01 AM
CoCooN is currently offline Click here to Send CoCooN a Private Message Find more posts by CoCooN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dulobast25

no, cocoon is wrong, no matter who sways diffrent, in t1 kyle sadi it and in t2 arnie said it cyberdyne systems model 101 which is csm-101. But he is a model in the 800 series, sucessors to the rubber skinned 600 series.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2003 10:46 AM
dulobast25 is currently offline Click here to Send dulobast25 a Private Message Find more posts by dulobast25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JRatT12

ok so in t1 was he a full 800 series? In t1 arnolds skin starts to Stink and degrade (the Seen where Arnold is staying in that hotel and the guy says it smiles like **** in there then Arnold goes throw the possible responses in his head and said F you. That was a great seen) as the movie goes on it looks more and more fake but he never had that problem in T2

Old Post Jul 19th, 2003 03:10 PM
JRatT12 is currently offline Click here to Send JRatT12 a Private Message Find more posts by JRatT12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skule
blissfully ignorant

Yeah that was a great scene too, arnie was stinking because the body was bleeding and he didnt take care of it. In T2 the remove the bullets etc and cover up the blood, remeber Sarah says something like will this heal up or something, so that it doesnt become obvious he aint human,

Old Post Jul 19th, 2003 03:16 PM
skule is currently offline Click here to Send skule a Private Message Find more posts by skule Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dulobast25

he didn't have an eye socket missing in t2. That's comparing apples to oranges. C'mon, he had a shot gun blast to the chest and a rifle shotgun blast to the face and then suffred a head injury as well as a shot to the arm. the eye socket which there was notthung he could do, the eye impeded his vison, so he removed it. If he sewwd it shut, it would have done the same blocked his vision. Besides he could only fix what he could reach, he was all alone.. I mean sarah wasn't about to remove bullets from his back so any wound on his back went unaided.It's likely his face began to suffer from like tissue damage or gangrene. Looks like JAmes cameron laid it all out in detail in t1. I guess any human would look clammy and sick walking around with a rotting open wound in his eye that must stay open. Notice arnie grabs the shades on order to draw less attention to himself cause he can't readlily walk around with an eye hanging out.. thus he has a reason to wear the shades. In t2, they had to write the shades in because he looked so cool in t1. But there was no reason to grab the shades, his outfit was sufficiently convincing. Again t1 detail triumphs again. Yes, he is a csm-101

Old Post Jul 19th, 2003 06:00 PM
dulobast25 is currently offline Click here to Send dulobast25 a Private Message Find more posts by dulobast25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skule
blissfully ignorant

I havent seen T2 in a while but isnt there a scene where sarah removes all the shot gun pellets from arnies back and john holds up the t shirt and you can see all the bullet holes through it?? And yes i agree the shades thing, arnie didnt have to use them specially in T3, he found one in the pocket..the girly one then another in the car dash. and had the i will try them on look, no point for that. If arnie was supposed to blend in who the hell wears shades at night!??!!?! It was night time, again just to look cool etc , t1 had the more realistic approach the more i think about it.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2003 06:29 PM
skule is currently offline Click here to Send skule a Private Message Find more posts by skule Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metroplex

I was looking at a toy box of Todd MacFarlene;s movie maniacs and for a toy from T2, Arnie is know as a T-800. But i just watched T2 again and Arnie explained that he is a t-101

Old Post Jul 20th, 2003 10:15 PM
Metroplex is currently offline Click here to Send Metroplex a Private Message Find more posts by Metroplex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

about the shades. arnie doesnt need no shades to be cool he would still be cool as hell if he wore those ****in girly glasses all threw the movie but u know what would have been great to make the movie cooler is extend the naked scene with kristnnaa loken or how ever u spell her name she is ****n hot as hell lol

Old Post Jul 21st, 2003 03:02 AM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skule
blissfully ignorant

Leave my woman alone man....

Heh yes she is as hot as hell, smokin hot....

Old Post Jul 21st, 2003 07:22 AM
dulobast25

metroplex, is that from the transformers..cool. In t2 arnold explains that he is a CSM 101, not a t-101.. there is a difference.. this is what causes so much confusion about what model or terminator..basically the is:
purpose....infiltration unit (assassin)
type terminator
series 800 (t800) as opposed to 600 series or 1000 series
model 101 (CSM-101) cyberdine systems model 101

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 08:48 AM
skule
blissfully ignorant

metroplex is a transformerm, gosh its been so many years but if i remeber correctly metroplex was the one that transforms into a small city.

dulobast, in terminator 3 when john says "dont u remeber me, hastalvista baby etc etc" arnie says negative that was a diffrent T-101. I think what is correct is arnold is a cyberdyne systems model 101. In T3 i think mostow blindly put in T101 not paying attention to details. This is what is causing the confusion i think.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 05:41 PM
dulobast25

yeah, that's what i said...t3 just does it's own shit...but i thought that that confusion existied befroe t3 but all true fans should know LIKE I SAID that even on the video cover he is a CSM-101

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 08:29 PM
Rhubarb Man
I'll be back

Sorry to bump this up, but I know the answer.
Arnie is a T-800. This is the number of the endoskeleton that he is. The T-850 is an upgrade.
He is a cyberdyne systems model 101, that is the number of his organic covering. The other terminator seen in the first film played by Franco Columbu was a model 108.

And if u dont believe me, theres proof.
If you have the edition of T2 with all the deleted scenes reinserted, go to the scene where they remove his CPU to set it to read and write. When he gets turned back on, look to the left of his vision. It says there "SERIES 800
MODEL 101" along with a load of binary crap.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2003 09:12 PM
Rhubarb Man is currently offline Click here to Send Rhubarb Man a Private Message Find more posts by Rhubarb Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

well thats seems to sort that out.

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Aug 8th, 2003 10:00 AM
bad banana

Terminator Classification

I don't understand why people or even Jonathan Mostow made Arnold refer to himself as a T-101. For the record, Arnold's model is a T-800 endoskeleton, and 101 is just his model (I guess skin) number. If you watch any of the old teaser trailers or the first two movies you'll find various references to him as "Cyberdyne Systems Model 101." NOT T101.

T-800 is: the line of machines following the 600 series, which were slightly more primitive and had rubber skin. Humans could spot them easily, so the T-800s had real flesh, hair, eyes, blood and skin grown for them. It is a cybernetic organism: living tissue over a metal endoskeleton. Its framework is a hyper alloy titanium combat chasis; "very tough" as quoted by Kyle Reese. To mankind of the 20th century it is virtually unstoppable. The endoskeleton is powered by hydraulic levers, and equipped with infrared vision. Its CPU is a neural net processor, which means it learns to adapt to its environment the more it interacts. It also has the ability to mimic voices.

T-1000 is: an advanced prototype made in a faster, sleeker model. It is a mimetic poly-alloy. Upon physical contact the T-1000 is able to accept the form of its copy given it is roughly equal size. While it cannot form complex objects such as bombs, guns, or things that require chemicals and moving parts, its liquid metal body can morph into knives, and stabbing weapons. Even a terminator in the T-800 series would be hard-pressed to stand a chance against one of these, though I'm unsure if the T-1000 in T2 was the only one built or they had more in stock.

T-X: is a weak market scheme. J/K. I'm not nearly as familiar with T3 as the first two, so I guess the true T3 fans would be better with this area. However, from what I remember, it can likewise morph into subjects as the T-1000 could, but instead of liquid metal it uses a heavily plated solid frame. It is also equipped with various weapons that its arm can morph into, including power guns and flamethrowers. The T-X also has the ability to control other machines, but in my opinion the T-1000 would've smoked it in a fight. How can you shoot something without a defined body? One more thing, the T-X is female.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2003 07:50 PM
bad banana is currently offline Click here to Send bad banana a Private Message Find more posts by bad banana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skule
blissfully ignorant

i agree mostow isnt a true fan to concerntrate on details. Surprisingly i wonder why arnie didnt object to that dialogue in t3 "that was a diffrent t101". Which is why i feel it was a pisspoor job on slapping togther a movie and presenting it to the public. For the terminator story details are very important. And yes t1000 would have obliviorated the TX easily. Unless the TX inject its nano bots in the t1000, the nanobot concept was interesting but i felt it was poorly executed in T3. And in response to your last line, the TX is female but a damn smokin hot lookin one...yummmmm smile

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 10:27 AM