KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Wolverine vs. Spider-Man

Who would win?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Spider-Man 95 61.29%
Wolverine 60 38.71%
Total: 155 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Wolverine vs. Spider-Man
Started by: Zephonim

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (1019): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

I thought this was gonna be a tough one, but after carefull consideration I have to go with wolverine. sure spider man could out maneuver him, and admister blows that would render a regular human bloody and pulp-like. But sooner or later wolvie's gonna get a couple of good shots in. I'm thinking....claws across the stomach, watching his insides fall out, or claws across his throat, claws across his spine CLAWS IN HIS BRAIN.......you see where im going with this

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Jan 15th, 2004 05:50 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Domination

Here we go again.

This is not an easy fight for Spider-Man,I can tell you that now.But,a lot of you are basing this fight on both fighters killing one another.Now,I admit,Logan does have a higher killer instinct than Peter does,but this does not mean that Peter couldn't put Logan on his butt for awhile without killing him.It has been proven in the comics as well as other sources that Wolverine can be knocked unconscious or hurt pretty bad.Wolverine is tough,but he is not so tough to where he can continue to take at lease a dozen of Spider-Man's full force blows,I don't care what kind of skeleton he's got.His brain would literally be pulp after a series of blows.

And unlike Batman,Wolverine does not like to run and hide nor dose he have a distance advantage.He is constantly an open target.His best advantage is close quarters,but seeing how Spider-Man is faster than this guy,he could definitely keep him on the move.

Claws can cut webs,kewl.But,the last time I check,Wolverine was not very stronger.Something as weak as handcuffs were able to hold this guy,and they were just out of reach of his claws.With all that slicing and dicing going on,he's bound to get one of those hands tangle in a glob of goo,not to count his face,at some point.

Just one more thing,healing factor and especially his heighten senses helps him very little in this fight.His heighten smell only helps him when he's searching for someone.Him using this in a brawl would only confuse him.He would be smelling Spider-Man's scent all around him.So,what difference would that make?His healing factor only means that he is able to heal most wounds or injuries faster than others.It doesn't not mean he's Superman.A lot of people mistake this as a shield when really it is more like a person scooping water out of a pool as it is being filled by a pump.Eventually,the person scooping the water is going to be overwhelm and the scooping will seem useless...that is until the pump actually stops.That is how Wolverine's healing works.Now,if it were like Hulks' then he wouldn't have to worry about this,but it isn't.He needs time to heal.

In my opinion,Spider-Man slightly takes the vote.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2004 10:37 PM
Domination is currently offline Click here to Send Domination a Private Message Find more posts by Domination Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

All that is true Domination, but like I said. Sooner or later Wolvie is gonna get a good shot in. And best believe he'll make it count. end of discussion.

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Jan 17th, 2004 07:43 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Domination

quote:
Originally posted by manjaro
All that is true Domination, but like I said. Sooner or later Wolvie is gonna get a good shot in. And best believe he'll make it count. end of discussion.

Hypothetically speaking,I don't think Spider-Man would be willing to wait around very long to a person with claws before using web on them,judging from the pass events he's been in.But,that would be me speaking against that. big grin

Old Post Jan 19th, 2004 12:42 AM
Domination is currently offline Click here to Send Domination a Private Message Find more posts by Domination Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

here is a short story i found...
Wolverine, a strong canadian with an extreme amount of strength. Wolverine also has a quick healing ability, and amantium placed on his bones which makes him almost unbreakable. Wolverine has a keen since of smell and has admantium claws that extend from his hands. He makes a great member to the X-Men.
Peter Parker is in a night club with a few of his friends. They are having a nice meal when all of the sudden, Peter's spider sense goes off. Wolverine enters that night club, Peter knows that he must be up to something for his spider sense to be tingling this bad, he runs off to the bathroom to change. When he comes back, he finds Wolverine creating havoc in the club. He also sees Wolverine throwing tables and chairs around, and realizes how many innocent people could get hurt if he doesn't act soon.
So Spiderman picks up a giant chair and launches it at Wolverine. As it hits the Canadian's back, it makes a loud thump and breaks into millions of little pieces. Wolverine then turns around quickly, and extends his long admantium claws while at the same time saying, "What's your problem, bub?"
Spiderman, a little surprised to see Wolverine still standing, begins to think of a plan. But there's not enough time for him to think. Wolverine darts torwards Spidey with his fists out pointing his claws at the spider. Spiderman's spider sense tells him to dodge out of the way, and when he does he lands right behind Wolverine. Taking this oppurtune time he begins to lay it all into Logan with punches and jabs. Spiderman then picks up a huge piano, and swings with it like a baseball bat into Wolverine's back causing Logan to fly back ten feet.
Spiderman then webs up Wolverine, who is unconcious on the floor, and heads to the bathroom to change, but in the middle of his walk, his spider sense tingles again, and he dodges the stool that was thrown his way. He turns around and to his surprise sees Wolverine, who had already healed from his beating, and broken free of the webbing. Spiderman shoots a solid stream of webbing torwards Wolverine in an attempt to stop him in his tracks. Wolverine has a good amount of webbing wrapping his arms up. But he easily uses his claws to slash them up, freeing himself. Wolverine then with his rough voice says, "You picked the wrong day to mess with me."
Wolverine throws two more stools at the webslinger and sees him dodge both. But Spiderman lands right beside Logan, which was a bad move. Wolverine slashes at Spidey, ripping his costume, and his flesh. Blood begins to gush out of Spiderman's arms, and back. Then Wolverine grabs the webslinger and throws him up against a wall.
Spiderman, weak with blood gushing from his body, and bruised from head to toe, slowly gets up. Then he is knocked down again by a powerful punch from the Canadian. Wolverine has won this fight, and he brings his claws in as he walks away from the Amazing Spiderman.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2004 01:30 AM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Abbita

Good story!! GO WOLVIE GO WOLVIE!!!!

Old Post Jan 19th, 2004 10:50 PM
Abbita is currently offline Click here to Send Abbita a Private Message Find more posts by Abbita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sandman26
old but new

i say wolverine i like spiderman more but he doesn't heal near as fast as wolverine

Old Post Jan 20th, 2004 12:12 AM
sandman26 is currently offline Click here to Send sandman26 a Private Message Find more posts by sandman26 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LeAtHerRFace
Founder Of Fight Club

quote:
Rouge Jedi: Spiderman vs. Wolverine? spiderman would wipe the floor with him. spider man is stronger and faster than wolverine.

That is total Bull Shit. Wolverine would beat Spiderman in ALL catogories. Fighting Skills, Speed and definitely in Strength. If you read or have ever read comics at all you should know what I`m saying is true. Its probably because you favor Spiderman, thats why you think he`ll win. Well you got your rights and your opinion. But you should know somethin` from reality and the dream world.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2004 12:42 AM
LeAtHerRFace is currently offline Click here to Send LeAtHerRFace a Private Message Find more posts by LeAtHerRFace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zephonim

I do favor Spider-Man but you have to look at what each of their powers actually is. Wolverine does not have super strength or speed. He has his healing factor and his like animal senses. He isn't as strong or fast as Spider-Man. He is most assuradley stronger than most people, but he doesn't have super strength. I'll give you the fighting skill, Spider-Man has no fight training while Wolverine is a trained fighter and solider.
In reality, I know I need to admit Wolverine would win because of the healing and the fact that he would be willing to kill. All that aside, Spidey is stronger and faster, no question.
(P.S. comics are part of the drem world)

Old Post Jan 20th, 2004 09:47 PM
Zephonim is currently offline Click here to Send Zephonim a Private Message Find more posts by Zephonim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LeAtHerRFace
Founder Of Fight Club

quote:
I do favor Spider-Man but you have to look at what each of their powers actually is. Wolverine does not have super strength or speed. He has his healing factor and his like animal senses. He isn't as strong or fast as Spider-Man. He is most assuradley stronger than most people, but he doesn't have super strength. I'll give you the fighting skill, Spider-Man has no fight training while Wolverine is a trained fighter and solider.
In reality, I know I need to admit Wolverine would win because of the healing and the fact that he would be willing to kill. All that aside, Spidey is stronger and faster, no question.
(P.S. comics are part of the drem world)

Comics is not part of the *dream world*, buddy. In the Marvel vs Dc comics it says that Wolverine has *VAST* Super Human strength, Inhuman Healing Factor, Animal Keen Senses, and Inhuman Arcrobatic Ability.
Spiderman: Inhuman speed, Spider senses and ability, and Inhuman Acrobatic Ability.
I'll give it to you that Spidy is faster, yes. But, Wolverine is alot stronger and a hella more upgraded. Also, they gave Wolverine the most though opponent to fight against in Marvel vs Dc. The guys name was Lobo, either one of, or the strongest fighter in the Dc world. I forgot who Spiderman had but they put him up against a puny little teenager.
laughing laughing

Last edited by LeAtHerRFace on Jan 21st, 2004 at 12:52 AM

Old Post Jan 21st, 2004 12:42 AM
LeAtHerRFace is currently offline Click here to Send LeAtHerRFace a Private Message Find more posts by LeAtHerRFace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LeAtHerRFace
Founder Of Fight Club

quote:
Wolverine wins hands down. not much of a contest eigther. I'm not going to bother with the why's and why not's. There are just to many one sided facts for wolvie. I'm usually for the under dog every time, but this time wolverine holds just to much of an advantage. adamantium claws through skull, match over wolverine wins. give the man a match to light his stogie

Well Said

Old Post Jan 21st, 2004 12:52 AM
guyverjay

quote:
Originally posted by LeAtHerRFace
Comics is not part of the *dream world*, buddy. In the Marvel vs Dc comics it says that Wolverine has *VAST* Super Human strength, Inhuman Healing Factor, Animal Keen Senses, and Inhuman Arcrobatic Ability.
Spiderman: Inhuman speed, Spider senses and ability, and Inhuman Acrobatic Ability.
I'll give it to you that Spidy is faster, yes. But, Wolverine is alot stronger and a hella more upgraded. Also, they gave Wolverine the most though opponent to fight against in Marvel vs Dc. The guys name was Lobo, either one of, or the strongest fighter in the Dc world. I forgot who Spiderman had but they put him up against a puny little teenager.
laughing laughing

bwhahahahahahahahahahahhahaha

I signed up just so I could laugh at this post

laughing

Old Post Jan 21st, 2004 02:17 AM
guyverjay is currently offline Click here to Send guyverjay a Private Message Find more posts by guyverjay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zephonim

http://www.marvel.com/bios/bios.htm...mp;family=X-MEN
for Wolverine
and
http://www.marvel.com/bios/bios.htm...mily=SPIDER-MAN
for Spider-Man
I decided to look at Marvel.com. I don't know why, maybe because they you know, published the comic and all. That's proably stupid though.

"I forgot who Spiderman had but they put him up against a puny little teenager." And I have no idea what the hell that means.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2004 02:39 AM
Zephonim is currently offline Click here to Send Zephonim a Private Message Find more posts by Zephonim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LeAtHerRFace
Founder Of Fight Club

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Old Post Jan 21st, 2004 04:50 AM
guyverjay

quote:
Originally posted by LeAtHerRFace
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Great response roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jan 21st, 2004 12:49 PM
guyverjay is currently offline Click here to Send guyverjay a Private Message Find more posts by guyverjay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zephonim

Gave up huh? Sucks.
I read the Marvel vs. DC, and I would not call Superboy a puny teenager. Lobo is pretty cool, but I'm not a fan of DC so I know very little about him.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 01:17 AM
LeAtHerRFace
Founder Of Fight Club

Oh yea superboy!, yup he is a puny teenager. LoBos wayyy stronger stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 01:53 AM
Marcellus
executioner

what are lobos abilities? i know he regenerates but what else

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 02:40 AM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zephonim

Superboy isn't the greatest of heros, in fact I have no idea what he can do, but I would think he would still be a semi-formitable match. I also have no idea what Lobo can do. I don't read DC, I think their comics are pretty weak, so I have no idea if Wolverine beating him is a big deal. If it is, go him, but like I said earlier; I put more stock in what Marvel says than what a third party comic does.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 05:51 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Spiderman would so wipe the floor with Wolverine. He beated Firelord for Godīs sake. And Juggernaut. I mean, look at their powers.
Wolvie:
Strength Level: While Wolverine may be of an advanced age, he possesses the normal human strength of a man in his prime with his height and build who engages in intensive regular exercise. While possessing the adamantium skeleton, Wolverine's strength was increased to the human maximum, making him capable of lifting (pressing) 800 lbs.

Known Superhuman Powers: Wolverine is a mutant with a number of enhancements to his physiology. Wolverine possesses heightened senses, making him capable of seeing things at a maximum distance greater than that of a normal human. His hearing is enhanced in a similar manner, and he is able to recognize people and objects by scent, even if that person or object is hidden. Logan can use these enhanced senses to track anyone, with an impressive degree of success.

He possesses retractable bone claws that are housed in his forearms, they are part of his skeleton system. At will Wolverine can release these claws through his skin between the knuckles on each hand. The skin between the knuckles tears and bleeds, but bleeding is quickly halted by his healing factor. The claws are naturally sharp and tougher than that of normal human bone structure. This allows Wolverine to be able to cut through most types of flesh and natural materials. (Note: While Wolverine possessed his adamantium skeleton, his claws were able to cut through almost any material without any fear of damage to the claws.)

Lastly, Wolverine possesses an accelerated healing factor based on his physiology. While most normal humans heal injuries over a long period of time, Wolverine's healing factor speeds up that natural process. Wolverine's natural healing has been advanced to the point where he can heal extensive injuries (such as broken limbs) in a matter of hours to days. This factor gives him a higher resistance to poisons and toxins, and he can recover from almost any injury. The more extensive the injury, the longer the healing time will be.

Wolverine is not immortal, however. If the injuries are extensive enough, especially if they result in the loss of vital organs, large amounts of blood, and/or loss of physical form (such as having flesh burned away by fire or acid), Logan can die.

Wolverine, again due to his healing factor, has an enhanced resistance to disease, as well as an extended life span. Despite Wolverine's chronological age, he is still as healthy and physically fit as a man in his prime.

Spidey:
Know Superhuman Powers: Spider-Man possesses superhuman strength, reflexes, and equilibrium; the ability to cause parts of his body to stick with great tenacity to most surfaces; and a subconscious premonitional "danger" sence. The irradiated Common House Spider (Achaearanea tepidariorum) which bit Peter Parker was apparently already mutated from prior exposure to certain frequencies of radiation and received a final, lethal dose during Parker's attendance of the exhibition. The radioactive, complex mutagenic enzymes in the spider's blood that were transferred at the time of the bite triggered numberous body-wide mutagenic changes within Parker.

Spider-Man's overall metabolic efficiency has been greatly increased, and the composition of his skeleton, inter-connected tissues, and nervous system have all been enhanced. Spider-Man's musculature has been augmentedso that he can lift (press) about 10 tons. His reflexes are faster than an average human by about a factor of 15 (he is often able to dodge bullets, if he is far enough away). Spider-Man is extraordinarily limber and his tendons and connective tissues are twice as elastic as the average human being's, despite their enhanced strength. He has developed a unique fighting style that makes full use of his agility, strength, and equilibrium.

Spider-Man's exposure to the mutated spider venom induced a mutagenic, cerebellum-wide alteration of his engrams resulting in the ability to mentally control the flux of inter-atomic attraction (electrostatic force) between molecular boundary layers. This overcomes the outer electron shell's normal behavior of mutual repulsion with other outer electron shells and permits the tremendous potential for electron attraction to prevail. The mentally controlled sub-atomic particle responsible for this has yet to be identified. This ability to affect the attraction between surfaces is so far limited to Spider-Man's body (especially conetrated in his hands and feet) and another object, with an upper limit of several tons per finger. Limits to this ability seem to be psychosomatic, and the full nature of this ability has yet to be established.

Spider-Man possesses an extrasensory "danger" or "spider" sensewhich warns him of potential immediate danger by tingling sensation in the back of his skull. The precise nature of this sense is unknown. It appears to be a simultaneous clairvoyant responce to a wide variety of phenomena (everything from falling safes to speeding bullets to thrown punches), which has given several hundredths of a second's warning, which is sufficient time for his reflexes to allow him to avoid injury. The sense also can create a general resonse on the order of several minutes: he cannot discern the nature of the threat by the sensation. He can, however, discern the severity of the danger by the strength of his response to it. Spider-Man's fighting style incorporates the advantage that his "spidey-sense" provides him.

Lets compare their powers:

Spider-Sense VS Smell
Yup. This one goes to Spidey. His SS works much better than Wolverines smell. I think that if this were an life-and death fight, Wolverine couldnīt even lay his hand on Spidey.

Class 10 tonnes strenght VS Normal strenght
Do I even have to comment this? Spidey could throw car on Wolverine.

Super human speed VS Normal speed
Spiderman beats Wolverine on this.

In my opinion, Spider-Man beats Wolverine. But thatīs my opinion.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2004 08:46 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote