KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » !Seraph!

!Seraph!
Started by: Ghastly_Twin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Excalibur

Re: !Seraph!

quote:
Originally posted by Ghastly_Twin
Who is Seraph?

This is my explanation.

The reason Seraph (the Chinese guy Neo meets before meeting the Oracle) had golden code and was so spectacular is that he came from the first incarnation of the matrix, which was heaven. "Seraph" is singular for the plural "seraphim". The seraphim are the highest choir of angels and included amongst others: Lucifer, Gabriele, Raziel and Malaciah, and they sit on the 8th level of Heaven just one below God. So Seraph will obviously have a big part in Revolutions, helping the freedom fighters.

i wrote the same in an old seraph-thread. i think youre right. he seems to be very strong, nearly as good as neo.

and he rrrrooooccckkkssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wink

Old Post Aug 21st, 2003 12:25 PM
Excalibur is currently offline Click here to Send Excalibur a Private Message Find more posts by Excalibur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Excalibur

and he helps morpheus and trinity in revolutions. even if destroying he system means his own dead.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2003 12:28 PM
Excalibur is currently offline Click here to Send Excalibur a Private Message Find more posts by Excalibur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

It's not about the path that lies behind him, it's about the path that lies before him.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2003 02:05 AM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FLIPMODE

So what does Michael the angel do in the future?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2003 02:53 AM
FLIPMODE is currently offline Click here to Send FLIPMODE a Private Message Find more posts by FLIPMODE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Errr we already know what Michael did - thats the point smile

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2003 11:50 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FLIPMODE

Ok now you lost me.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2003 11:58 PM
FLIPMODE is currently offline Click here to Send FLIPMODE a Private Message Find more posts by FLIPMODE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theprophecy123
Resister

..what is seraph?
look at his code in the tea house, look at neos code when hes restarting trinitys heart

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 11:57 PM
theprophecy123 is currently offline Click here to Send theprophecy123 a Private Message Find more posts by theprophecy123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Another_Smithy

quote:
Originally posted by nickjs21
is it just me, or is that the hobo-looking train station guy from the preview and etm standing on the right with his back turned to us?

but anyway . . . so you're saying that michael, the little twerp with an acknowledged "larger role" in the finale, was the "person" who struck the merovingian down from the--what--mainframe? so michael isn't human, then? he's more like seraph? or is he an enemy?

but if seraph is an outcast too . . . how's that all fit in?

dude . . . this is a noggin' cooker. are you sure about all this? or is it just a theory? i mean, if it's just a theory, i'll respect that and give you props for really using your head -- but do you have some kind of palpable evidence for any of this?

Here is another noggin cooker, how do you know that Seraph is an outcast? This is just another possibility but yes Seraph says he protects which matters most, the future. The future of what? The resistance or the Matrix? If he is "Michael" then would'nt he be a servant or Angel of God (The Architect). Do you see what Im getting at?

Check out my fic "The Warrior to Unite"

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 12:30 AM
Another_Smithy is currently offline Click here to Send Another_Smithy a Private Message Find more posts by Another_Smithy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theprophecy123
Resister

Mind, Reason, Power, Truth, and Life

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 01:15 AM
theprophecy123 is currently offline Click here to Send theprophecy123 a Private Message Find more posts by theprophecy123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Another_Smithy

Well no not really, it means he might be another minion of the Matrix. If I recall correctly Neo questions Seraph's loyalty to the Resistance and Seraph only responds in some wise crack riddel. Like I said before its only a possibility.

Check out my fic "The Warrior to Unite"

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 01:32 AM
Another_Smithy is currently offline Click here to Send Another_Smithy a Private Message Find more posts by Another_Smithy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Just to clarify a few things. Some of you seem to be forgetting a VERY important line in Reloaded.

"The programs doing what they are supposed to be doing, are invisible, you would never even know they where here. But the others...well you hear about them all the time."

Another thing - Seraph is Seraph - NOT Michael.

I am gonna be posting an interesting theory I came up with a couple of weeks ago, about the Merovingian, but have only just been able to think of a way to explain it in something that would be understandable. Keep a look out for it.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2003 02:55 PM
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

I hope Seraph doesn't die caus he's cool, he's my second favourate character

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Aug 26th, 2003 01:08 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chineseoreo

I really like seraph's costume, does anyone know where I can order it or if there is a really good close up picture of him so I can see in detail what he is wearing? Thanks

Old Post Aug 27th, 2003 10:45 PM
chineseoreo is currently offline Click here to Send chineseoreo a Private Message Find more posts by chineseoreo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Oh, it makes sense that the little kid the "thinks" Neo saved him is Michael, and is older than thought to be. For those of you who have read the "revolutions Predictions" forum, i will just paraphase, but i believe that Zion is another program, like the Matrix, in order to control humans. If the kid is Michael, then he would also sort of watch over the One, would he not? Help him along? Think back to the scene where Bane/Smith cuts himself with the knife, and then goes to stab Neo. Suddenly, Michael calls out to Neo, then says "Just in time" and gives Neo a spoon. I believe that the spoon is a reference to M1, but means that there is no spoon in Zion, either. michael stops Bane from harming Neo, because everything has a purpose, a destiny.

Also, back to the Merovingian. his wife is named Persephone, and in Greek mythology, Persephone is the wife of Hades. Also, it makes a plausible argument that, if the Mero. lives in the Matrix, it is hell; as the "freed" minds live in "Zion", so named to make its inhabitants believe it is "heaven", suffer for leaving the Matrix, it is purgatory; and there is a truely free world for those that reject the others, or maybe it is another program, made to be "Heaven".

Just a suggestion...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Aug 27th, 2003 11:29 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

I was thinking just the same thing about the kid I'm fairly sure his name is Michael. It said somewhere but I can't remember where.

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Aug 28th, 2003 08:22 AM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

It's Michael Trotter if you must know smile

Old Post Aug 28th, 2003 04:42 PM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

it was in the Animatrix, or on some other forums here

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Aug 28th, 2003 08:17 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theprophecy123
Resister

Michael Karl Popper actually

he died in the matrix, he didnt take a pill so how did he get out?
trinty "his vitals are good. hes gonna make it. its unbelieveable. i didnt know self-substantiation was possible"
neo "apparently it is"
kid "neo"
neo "its okay. your safe now"
kid "i knew... youd save me"
neo "i didnt save you, kid. you saved yourself"

Old Post Aug 28th, 2003 09:10 PM
icon
New meaning to Free Agent

i just thought of something. In most christian religons, it says that we were created with god and lived in heaven with him. then we came to earth as a test, then when we die and if we're worthy we'll return to him. Now I know it doesnt make perfect sense, and I'm fairly tired, but ponder this. The architech created the first matrix, where everyone was happy. This to me makes me think of Heaven. Then, if he created it, he must be God... so then what if being freed was the test, and eventually you return to him, or something of the such. I'm not sure exactly how to get at what i'm tryin to, but think about it, and maybe post what comes to mind when u read this. I'm interested to see how you all think of it.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2003 10:56 PM
icon is currently offline Click here to Send icon a Private Message Find more posts by icon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Icon> The first Matrix (1.0) bears all the characteristics of Eden, Olympus, the place where the gods (god) created humans, who then, for some reason, didn’t like it and were thrown out or left.
Why didn’t 1.0 work? Humans needed choice. In that sense the Architect is the Christian/Jewish/Muslim God of order. Someone who created order out of some primordial chaos. Order has just been taken to new “heights”, so to speak. Now, ad a few grains of Buddhism. The world is an illusion, we must break the wheel of birth/death/rebirth. Nothing around us is real.
Being freed is realising, that the world (matrix) is an illusion. It is transcending the boundaries of “reality” (or well, virtual reality in this case) and “order.” You can only return to “God” in the Matrix, when you die. Your avatar(soul) the joins the Source. The test is whether or not you believe. Faith. Do you believe in (have faith in) the matrix?

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Aug 29th, 2003 01:33 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote