KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » !Seraph!

!Seraph!
Started by: Ghastly_Twin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Unknown
Anomaly

Probably the Oracle, but I don't remember...

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2003 10:20 PM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Michael - That is the kid's name, just so you know smile

And it was deduced long ago that Character names have multiple meanings in the Matrix. He isn't SPECIFICALLY any of them, just in general. Even the Oracle said it herself:

"What do all men with power want? More power."

Why was Lucifer cast down from heaven? Because he wanted more power. There is more links than you could possibly imagine.

Last edited by Sifer on Nov 23rd, 2003 at 10:24 PM

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2003 10:22 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
giumi

Hi guys im new here and got tired of just browsing around and decided to have my say in this Seraph disscution.......i believe that Seraphis the One .4 (assuming Neo is the 5) i don't know if this is being discussed in other forums but the reasons i believe this are simple...
1.He fights exactly like Neo (Reloaded)
2.Everyone in Merov's hell recognizes him
3.He tells Smith that he already beat him once
The reason i say this is because i think that everything we saw in this istallment of the matrix already happened (therefore he had already gone to see the Merov to "collect" the keymaker and that is why everyone recognizes him
The reason the Matrix only gets Reloaded is because everyone beats Smith at the end beacuse they are told that that's what needs to be done........that is except Neo who CHOSSES not to beat Smith instead he lets himselg be beaten, ergo SMith dies and the Matrix is finally beaten instead of being reloaded and beginning the cycle again
I believe the Oracle always chosses the formers ONE to be her guardian, hence Merov's hatred for her (she changed him for Seraph) i don't know probably just bs that in talking here because it sure made a whole lot more sense before i started writing........

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 07:21 PM
giumi is currently offline Click here to Send giumi a Private Message Find more posts by giumi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Unknown
Anomaly

Seraph is just a powerful program the protects the Oracle. Everyone recognized him because he probably used to work for the Merovingian. If he was a "One" then he would have flown away with Sati instead of just hiding. And the Merovingian is a program. And the thing with Smith has nothing to do with reloading the Matrix (this is the first time it's happened)...

"The MTV Movie Awards are a systemic anomaly inherent to the programming of the Matrix. Although the transport process has altered your consciousness, you irrevocably remain human. Ergo, concordantly, vis-a-vis... You know what? I have no idea what the hell I'm saying. I just thought it would make me sound cool."
-The Architect AKA Larry

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 03:11 AM
The Unknown is currently offline Click here to Send The Unknown a Private Message Find more posts by The Unknown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kin

Seraph

Hi does anyone have a good picture of Seraph pleeeease?

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 07:03 PM
Kin is currently offline Click here to Send Kin a Private Message Find more posts by Kin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ch0g0nda
Captain

All I got.

Attachment: 3gunsablazing.jpg
This has been downloaded 85 time(s).

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 03:21 AM
ch0g0nda is currently offline Click here to Send ch0g0nda a Private Message Find more posts by ch0g0nda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kin

Thank-you! Mwah!!!!!!!! stick out tongue Seraph is lurvely

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 01:58 PM
Kin is currently offline Click here to Send Kin a Private Message Find more posts by Kin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mathematrix
Im Detective John Kimble!

Dont the various levels of heaven/hell belong in islam?

Also if Neo was different to the other "ones" then there should be no need for the oracles answer to the architects question:

Architect: just how long do you think this peace is going to last?
Oracle: As long as it can

That sounds like a degree of uncertainty to me, as though it isnt going to last long. The oracle should know exactly how long it will last and would have mentioned if the peace will be long term. So i believe ultimately Neo didnt achieve much because he hasnt broken the cycle of war/peace between man and machine. It is yet another system of control. Another way of making humans think theyve won when really the machines knew all along.

Or something like that. confused

Oracle: "Now dats f**ked up"!

Last edited by mathematrix on Jun 24th, 2005 at 03:33 PM

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 03:23 PM
mathematrix is currently offline Click here to Send mathematrix a Private Message Find more posts by mathematrix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mathematrix

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ghastly_Twin
Who is Seraph?

This is my explanation.

The reason Seraph (the Chinese guy Neo meets before meeting the Oracle) had golden code and was so spectacular is that he came from the first incarnation of the matrix, which was heaven. "Seraph" is singular for the plural "seraphim". The seraphim are the highest choir of angels and included amongst others: Lucifer, Gabriele, Raziel and Malaciah, and they sit on the 8th level of Heaven just one below God. So Seraph will obviously have a big part in Revolutions, helping the freedom fighters.

Sorry. this is what Im quoting from in regards to what I wrote above. embarrasment

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 04:07 PM
mathematrix is currently offline Click here to Send mathematrix a Private Message Find more posts by mathematrix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

Seraph was the shit.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 06:43 PM
Neo_Version 7 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mathematrix

Damn right. Weird glasses though.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2005 02:08 PM
StinkFist462
Your Mom

seraph should had had a biger role and more story invloved. id rather have more time spent on him then the wasted time on trinitys death JUST DIE ALREADY!

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 08:18 AM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

The twins were the shit, too. stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 01:29 PM
Neo_Version 7 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

Ohhhh Dissssss.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 06:03 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FallenForever
***BrInGmEtOlIfE***

i had always thot seraph worked for merv first...but why would he change his mind and help the oracle? and why wasn't he in the first one?

"There is no spoon"

"Anything is possible right now. We're in the middle of an isolated high-coincidental localized entropic field decreasement."
"We're in a what?"
"We're in a pseudoscientific technobabble.'

Old Post Jul 5th, 2005 08:43 PM
FallenForever is currently offline Click here to Send FallenForever a Private Message Find more posts by FallenForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ch0g0nda
Captain

Whoa; talk about digging up an old thread.

Saw the email notification for this and I was like laughing

But yah; Seraph pwns j00 f00lz!!!11

Old Post Jul 6th, 2005 04:26 AM
ch0g0nda is currently offline Click here to Send ch0g0nda a Private Message Find more posts by ch0g0nda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FallenForever
i had always thot seraph worked for merv first...but why would he change his mind and help the oracle? and why wasn't he in the first one?

he probably had a meeting with the oracle. she said something seraph wanted to hear and he defected.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2005 07:20 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FallenForever
***BrInGmEtOlIfE***

so...seraph's just a "defected program"?

"There is no spoon"

"Anything is possible right now. We're in the middle of an isolated high-coincidental localized entropic field decreasement."
"We're in a what?"
"We're in a pseudoscientific technobabble.'

Old Post Jul 9th, 2005 11:43 PM
FallenForever is currently offline Click here to Send FallenForever a Private Message Find more posts by FallenForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

"defected" does not mean defective, if that's what you're thinking. he just switched sides.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 07:16 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vampiro03

When the dude says "holy shit, its wingless". My first reaction to that was it was some kind of nickname. now that I've pondered it for a while, the guy is actually surprised that seriph has no wings. that would conclude that he was an angel. how did he loose them?

Old Post Jun 30th, 2006 11:45 PM
vampiro03 is currently offline Click here to Send vampiro03 a Private Message Find more posts by vampiro03 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote