KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Texas Chainsaw Massacre Question

Texas Chainsaw Massacre Question
Started by: Pablo G

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Pablo G
Coolest Beaner Around

Texas Chainsaw Massacre Question

I have never seen the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre (I have seen the fourth one with Renee Zellwegger and Matthew McConaughey but people tell me it's the worst sequel in the series.) I love scary movies but this one isn't easy to find in Mexico. And it's too expensive in the states. What is the goriest things this movie has ? So many people say how shocking, brutal and violent this movie is but I haven't had the chance of seeing it and I can't afford a 27 dollar DVD when I'm saving for the Nightmare on Elm Street box set. So please tell me what is it that this movie has that it's so violent, a friend of mine told me it's mostly implied gore, that you heard the chainsaw but you never saw Leatherface cutting up people. But he told me it's been a while since he saw ir so he might be wrong. Please can someone answer my question (I'm looking forward to the remake.) And does it have nudity ? Because I'm a teen and sometimes my parents like watching my DVDs so I can't have DVDs with lots of nudity but I can have really violent ones.

Attachment: tcm_poster.jpg
This has been downloaded 72 time(s).

"You can get further with a kind word and a gun, than just a kind word" - Al Capone

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2003 07:43 PM
Pablo G is currently offline Click here to Send Pablo G a Private Message Find more posts by Pablo G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

there is actually NO onscreen gore at all. the implied gore is so effective that people swear that they saw things that werent in the movie, for example, a scene where a woman is hung on a meat hook, many people claim they saw the hook go into her and burst threw her chest as an exit wound, this never happens though. what makes this movie so great isnt the gore, its just the overwhelming hellish atmosphere that is constantly present. i would suggest renting it before buying it though, since its so expensive in your country. and no there is no nudity.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2003 09:41 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pablo G
Coolest Beaner Around

No man you got me wrong, Mexico doesn't have a vast selection of DVDs like in the states. I buy my DVDs on american websites and have them delivered to some american relatives, they come for buisness every two weeks here and they bring them to me. But in the sites that I buy my movies the TCM is 27 bucks. Plus the shipping that's like thirty so I need to get it somewhere cheaper. I hope that when the remake comes out they'll make a price cut on the original. embarrasment

"You can get further with a kind word and a gun, than just a kind word" - Al Capone

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 12:34 AM
Pablo G is currently offline Click here to Send Pablo G a Private Message Find more posts by Pablo G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

and there arent any rental places around? rent it on vhs if you have to, you wont notice a difference

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 10:57 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Make a copy and send it to him, Backfire. I'm sure he'll pay you ten bucks for the favor. big grin
It sounds like Mexico needs a copy of the original TCM anyways.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 08:01 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pablo G
Coolest Beaner Around

No yeah there's blockbusters and local rentals crawling with movies but none have the original TCM. The Horror section in these rental places is very limited, they only have two of the Friday the 13th series. Two out of eleven (counting Freddy Vs. Jason) and there's three of Nightmare on Elm Street, and only Evil Dead 2. I mean, those are the major horror series and they are very few of those. There's like four Halloween movies as well, and a couple of crappy other ones that I pay no attention to.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2003 10:25 PM
jinXed by JaNx

yeah block buster sucks for horror movies, i cant say ive ever seen the original TCM for rental at a blockbuster, and there rentals are so damn expensive, its actually fifty cents cheaper to go see a movie at the theater in the matinee, old movies are just about the price new movies were 2 years ago. Oh well you can get TCM on amazon.com used for about 10 dollars.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 12:09 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pablo G
Coolest Beaner Around

Guess what boys and girls, I just acquired a Leatherface action figure, I collect movie characters and I was missing Leatherface.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 02:28 AM
BackFire

i have all the leatherface figures.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 04:59 AM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

i got 2 hannibal lecter figures

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 05:12 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

o man i just thought of something hannibal lecter/leatherface vs leprechaun/chucky the cannibals vs the two short guyz.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 05:13 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

i have the tortured souls figures, there bad ass. never seen toys ass kick ass as them, the second series sucked but the first are seriously some disturbing toys,

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 11:09 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pablo G
Coolest Beaner Around

Umm... concerning McFarlane figures I have Freddy Krueger, Michael Myers, Ghostface, Ash, Evil Ash, Leatherface, the T-800, the T-1000, and the TX endoskeleton and I want to get a Jason Vorhees ! I was more of an Elm Street Fan thana Friday the 13th, but since I saw Freddy Vs. Jason I want one. There price on eBay is about 30 bucks, too expensive for me.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2003 08:44 PM
slayer
Horror Fan

in aust they have all of the tcm movies

Old Post Aug 28th, 2003 10:23 PM
slayer is currently offline Click here to Send slayer a Private Message Find more posts by slayer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote