KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Started by: silentfaf

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by foxota5
WHAT? "Boring, pointless movie, that incited nothing but confusion and malice towards the main character for being so paranoid and lethargic."?????? ITS NONE OF THOSE, WHAT IT IS IS A TRICK ON THE AUDIENCE, AND DONT BE INSULTING A MOVIE PUBLICALLY THAT YOU SLEPT THROUGH. SEE THE ENTIRE MOVIE FIRST.

" A trick on the audience..". Trick them into thinking that it's a good movie? There's no tricks here. Everyone knows that Nick Cage is playing both Kauffman brothers.

I'm not the only one that didn't like this movie, trust me. They probably have worse things to say that I.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2004 05:50 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
foxota5

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
" A trick on the audience..". Trick them into thinking that it's a good movie? There's no tricks here. Everyone knows that Nick Cage is playing both Kauffman brothers.

I'm not the only one that didn't like this movie, trust me. They probably have worse things to say that I.

im not talking about the effects. im talking that the end of the movie breaks all the conventional rules of screenwriting. the end is against the forulas in books. it ends with how the teacher says never to end a screenplay, with whats called a deus ex machina. its when the characters die and the plot results from somthing totally random, having nothing to do with the rest of the movie. and dont complain if you havent seen the whole film. st

Last edited by Raz on Feb 20th, 2004 at 08:18 PM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2004 06:01 PM
foxota5 is currently offline Click here to Send foxota5 a Private Message Find more posts by foxota5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Hey, how about you call me "stupid" one more time? I don't think you've conveyed your true feelings for me. wink

I love beatniks who crap out these "thinking persons" movies, then have their legions that come to the rescue when people exploit it's flaws.

Basically, what you told me is that the end doesn't justify the means, and that he broke protocol and made a totally unrelated end to the movie to appease those people that "think outside of the box".

I loathe "thinking" movies. Movies are for entertainment, and I shouldn't have to drop acid to "get them".

Old Post Feb 20th, 2004 06:32 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Movies are suppose to be art blink
Well maybe not american movies.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2004 06:37 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
foxota5

so what your aying is all movies should just be some cheap light entertainment. what your implying is that any movie that you have to think about, should be persecuted for bieng tough. so screw american beauty, pulp fiction, mystic river, american splendor, run lola run, blow out, the searchers, raging bull, millers crossing, fight club, rio bravo, gods and monsters and heavenly creatureds?

and all movies should be monsters and kung fu? i couldent dissagre with you more.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2004 08:32 PM
foxota5 is currently offline Click here to Send foxota5 a Private Message Find more posts by foxota5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Wasting your breath. What I am saying is that movies that try to be "original" by doing whole "deus ex machina" deal are anything but that, and their attempt at being clever is lost in the conflict of the movies story.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2004 02:35 AM
nightcrawer89
movie man

this movie looks cool

Old Post Feb 21st, 2004 05:16 PM
nightcrawer89 is currently offline Click here to Send nightcrawer89 a Private Message Find more posts by nightcrawer89 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
caballera

eternal sunshine!

hey! there's a great trailer for eternal sunshine of the spotless mind @ www.budweiser.com/1 ! is anybody else anxious to see this movie???

Old Post Mar 16th, 2004 03:48 AM
caballera is currently offline Click here to Send caballera a Private Message Find more posts by caballera Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
max kronister

Jim Carey looks pretty funny in that in the little trailer I saw on TV
Is this trailer any better???

Old Post Mar 16th, 2004 03:53 AM
max kronister is currently offline Click here to Send max kronister a Private Message Find more posts by max kronister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
caballera

umm...i haven't seen this one on tv yet, so i think it's new!

Old Post Mar 16th, 2004 03:55 AM
caballera is currently offline Click here to Send caballera a Private Message Find more posts by caballera Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
max kronister

Cabellera - are you there???

Old Post Mar 16th, 2004 03:56 AM
max kronister is currently offline Click here to Send max kronister a Private Message Find more posts by max kronister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
caballera

yes. i am online now. why? because of the quick responses?

Old Post Mar 16th, 2004 03:57 AM
max kronister

OK, there you are---
That's kind of a strange title for a movie isn't it???
What does it really mean, eternal sunshine of the spotless mind???

Old Post Mar 16th, 2004 03:57 AM
caballera

i think the movie is about a guy who has his bad memories erased. but, yeah it is different....

Old Post Mar 16th, 2004 03:59 AM
max kronister

Now, where do I go??? Budweiser.com/1 - Is that it?? smile smile

Old Post Mar 16th, 2004 04:02 AM
caballera

yeah. smile it's under the entertainment section of the site with a bunch of other trailers!

Old Post Mar 16th, 2004 04:03 AM
caballera

do you like Charlie Kaufman? he wrote it. he also wrote Adaptation and Being John Malkovich and Confessions of a Dangerous Mind.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2004 04:04 AM
max kronister

OK - I'll try to find it. Thanks, Adios Muchasos Hasta La Vista rock

Old Post Mar 16th, 2004 04:05 AM
caballera

no prob... enjoy smile

Old Post Mar 16th, 2004 04:06 AM
Poptarts

posting that link again????....it is a good trailer, tho. maybe i'm just jealous i don't have a thing that i keep posting....

Old Post Mar 16th, 2004 04:13 AM
Poptarts is currently offline Click here to Send Poptarts a Private Message Find more posts by Poptarts Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote