KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Who Is Faster, Superman or the Flash?

WHo is the fastest man in the DC Universe?
This poll is closed.
The Flash 170 81.34%
Superman 39 18.66%
Total: 209 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Who Is Faster, Superman or the Flash?
Started by: Neo_Version 7

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jedi90

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Um. no.

The force is not very strong with you, my young padawan.

Darkseid is broadcasting to the whole world that he is getting ready to fire.

You know, like when people dodge bullets? they see the attack coming, unless you think Batman is not trained enough to realize when someone is ABOUT to fire. smile

Per say Batman dodges bullets not because he is faster than the bullet, but because he sees and knows when someone is about to fire and moves accordingly. Nice try though

here's the thing, normal humans, don't dodge bullets.
you do know that darksied is faster than a speeding bullet right?

so you're saying that batman's reaction time is faster than a beam of light?

"I don't give them hell, I just tell them the truth and they think it's hell."

Old Post Feb 28th, 2013 01:01 AM
jedi90 is currently offline Click here to Send jedi90 a Private Message Find more posts by jedi90 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Originally posted by jedi90
here's the thing, normal humans, don't dodge bullets.
you do know that darksied is faster than a speeding bullet right?

so you're saying that batman's reaction time is faster than a beam of light?

Nope, you are trying to corrupt my argument.

The gun Batman has is not an ordinary gun is an APOKALIPTIAN gun with a Radion bullet. You know the gun that was fired back in time? laughing

I'm saying that Batman can read an opponent body language when He sees body tensing, change on voice patterns and lets say eyes glowing!

Especially easy since this Avatar is basically Turpin possessed by Darkseid.

Nice try again.

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2013 01:07 AM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedi90

OK, So basically you are DENYING THE EVIDENCE. Even though Galan (who is in no way shape or form a Superman fanboy) is telling you that Superman is capable of FTL.

Also PR and Cosmic who by judging by their post on the subject are more familiar with the character than you.

Even after the scans and people telling you that, you still thinkk Superman cannot move FTL.

That is denying the evidence and you are breaking one of the rules of debating wink

Thanks for answering though.

Cool that you like the animated series, but that is not canon.

We are basically talking about the Superman you don't like, the one in the comics.

no, i was giving you my personal opinion the character, replying to your personal opinion.

here the problem, none of you guys showed pics of supes moving FTL. most of it is left to the assumption of reader. the pic abihlegend posted even stated he wasn't moving that fast. it only states he did it once before, under what circumstances or conditions we don't know. if you want to prove your point, go get that picture.

which superman i like being canon or not is irrelevant to you. quite trying to play the one up game.

i wouldn't call PR or Cosmic experts on anything except backpeddling.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2013 01:17 AM
jedi90 is currently offline Click here to Send jedi90 a Private Message Find more posts by jedi90 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedi90

The gun Batman has is not an ordinary gun is an APOKALIPTIAN gun with a Radion bullet. You know the gun that was fired back in time? laughing

I'm saying that Batman can read an opponent body language when He sees body tensing, change on voice patterns and lets say eyes glowing!

Nice try again.

no, i think i made my point on how silly it is to use dodging omega beams as a way to determine FTL speed.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2013 01:35 AM
SMIFF-N-WESSON

Miffed

Nice try again.

Im case you forgot, DS activates his powers by his mind so no telling body language needed unless he wants to show it....

Secondly his eye beams are not telling NOR visible unless he wills it. Your DS argument is a loss cause as well.

But as originally intended...Wallace West Owns Clark in a competition of speed

Old Post Feb 28th, 2013 02:34 AM
SMIFF-N-WESSON is currently offline Click here to Send SMIFF-N-WESSON a Private Message Find more posts by SMIFF-N-WESSON Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SMIFF-N-WESSON

Miffed

Lol, how so? Oh wait you want actual portrayals of this two together?

Well then EXPLAIN me how come Superman is able to CATCH UP to the Flash when the Flash is already running at top gear?

Yes I want to see them together but if Flash ran at top speed...there wouldnt be a competition. it would be a lop-sided Mario Kart race.

If Superman is "catching up" it's obvious that the flash deliberatley slowed down to have healthy conversation..as he did.

You should read your comics more closley and stop skimming to emotional momemts.

Yours Truley.

Sheriff Bart
City Of Rock Ridge
(555)-867-5309

Old Post Feb 28th, 2013 02:43 AM
SMIFF-N-WESSON is currently offline Click here to Send SMIFF-N-WESSON a Private Message Find more posts by SMIFF-N-WESSON Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

no, i think i made my point on how silly it is to use dodging omega beams as a way to determine FTL speed.

You should clear up dodging and outracing wink

So far you and the sherif have failed and ignored the standard debating rules. wink

A) you are creating an argument of belief

"Superman is not faster than light"

if Superman flies from the Vega star to earth in 1 day does that makes him FTL?

Vega is located 25.05 light years from earth, hell even if Superman takes 20 years to arrive to earth he is already going FTL, but he took less than a day. this happened in the 52 series FYI wink

B) You are appealing to tradition

"Flash is faster, because he is flash"

C) Argument of IGNORANCE

"Superman is not ftl"

D) You are using a false dichotomy with your Batman "argument".

You are ignoring the FACT SHOWED ON THE SCAN that Batman is already prepared AND he SEES Darkseid powering up his omega beams oh and he is telling him that he is going to fire. laughing

Is ok I used to make those mistakes when I was learning english

Old Post Feb 28th, 2013 03:27 AM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Originally posted by SMIFF-N-WESSON
Im case you forgot, DS activates his powers by his mind so no telling body language needed unless he wants to show it....

Secondly his eye beams are not telling NOR visible unless he wills it. Your DS argument is a loss cause as well.

But as originally intended...Wallace West Owns Clark in a competition of speed

In case you forgot DS is telling Batman that he is going to blast him.

Read the scan is somewhere around there. smile

Old Post Feb 28th, 2013 03:31 AM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Yes I want to see them together but if Flash ran at top speed...there wouldnt be a competition. it would be a lop-sided Mario Kart race.

If Superman is "catching up" it's obvious that the flash deliberatley slowed down to have healthy conversation..as he did.

You should read your comics more closley and stop skimming to emotional momemts.

Yours Truley.

Sheriff Bart
City Of Rock Ridge
(555)-867-5309

There is a scan that I posted where Flash racing Superman on purpose and Superman catches up flying.

Now, I don't know you but I guess if YOU race a friend that you want to beat, you just run as fast as you can. But that is a personal thing, we can GUESS what is going on their minds, but I showed you evidence that proves what I said, that Flash is FASTER running yes, but Flying Superman is faster than Superman running and that changes things.

Do you think Superman running is faster than a Superman flying?

And not that I don't appreciate you hitting on me, but I don't like dudes so you can keep your phone number. smile

Last edited by Rao Kal El on Feb 28th, 2013 at 03:41 AM

Old Post Feb 28th, 2013 03:37 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Well, well, if it ain’t mr. ½ infinity himself. How you doing sunshine?
Well, is it not Mr. Troll himself. Got anything other than your half-assed reasonings?
quote:
I understand that logic, reason, and comprehension are not your forte but I’ll do my best to keep this brief so I don’t lose your attention.
I understand that you don't know shit about anything, so I don't know what you can say here.

quote:
Go back and look at the image YOU posted, the writer wrote supes has to build up as much mass as possible to ATTEMPT said feat, that it is an unusual EFFORT for him, and that he was trying to stay under LIGHT SPEED in that panel.
Because he was trying to destroy the moon. You can't read clearly, can you?
quote:
Which means (drum rolls) that he does not do it anytime he wants and the only place he can build mass like that is in outer space.
Oh really? Here I though you said he can't go FTL ever. Backtracking your lying ass already?

quote:
Try educating yourself for a change so that you won’t consistently sound like a habitual fool.
You are already a fool, so I would forgive you here.

quote:
OA is not at the center of the universe, just at the center of their assigned sectors in the (key word) KNOWN universe which does not encompass the ENTIRE universe.
Which encompasses entire universe you fool. They have mapped entire universe.
quote:
Nobody knows OA’s location within the universe.
Only you don't.

quote:
For all you know, OA could be in the milky way galaxy, in the next solar system. Even your boy Rao Kal agreed with that.
Your reasoning makes you an even more fool than I thought. Oa is in sector 0, earth and entire milky way is in sector 2814.

quote:
Tell me something, how many lightyears or less is OA from earth? The universe is infinite, how do you determine the center of infinity?
Universe isn't infinite, it has a radius. You can't be this stupid, can you? Its already expanding in every direction.

quote:
I like wiki’s, anybody can write them.
You can also see the editing history and change them.
quote:
I know you won't go read it, so here just for you :

http://scifi.stackexchange.com/ques...ectors-arranged

pay close attention to the section where it states:
“Despite the name of the Guardians (who call themselves the Guardians of the Universe) the correct name for the regions of our galaxy which their Green Lantern Corp have jurisdiction seems limited to our galaxy proper and has been called 'The Oan Protectorate'”
Shit, I forgot who I was talking with. They are guardians of the universe, they protect entire universe. Heck, the resident green lanterns have traveled across universe.

quote:
Or
http://glcorps.dcuwiki.net/w/GLCWP_Sector_Guide

“Each sector is shaped like a triangular wedge pointing towards OA, which is considered the center of the universe, a term which is at times DEBATABLE.”
One last thing, if OA was at the center of the universe per your logic, why wasn’t it in that picture you posted?"
I know you have trouble reading but let me help you. This time with full scans. Oa was destroyed by Parallax and then it was created by his own power again AT THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE. This silly debate is over.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

quote:
No, I’m just smarter than you can comprehend.

(please log in to view the image)

Now maybe it’s just me, but according to Roa Kal’s logic batman must have a trigger pull FTL since he was able to pull the trigger and shoot darkseid before his omega beams could hit him….

Some more education for you since you love Wikipedia. Darkseid can move at superspeeds too, with a reaction time of nanoseconds
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega_...s_and_abilities

You are MUCH more stupid than I thought. Here Flashes have to specifically go FTL to avoid being hit by Omega beams. That wasn't omega beam, that was omega sanction and its not as fast as omega beams.

Also you wouldn't notice it but superman reacts and recognizes barry allen even at that speed. Now **** off.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2013 04:23 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Superman is FTL. Mod ruling. Now please, back on topic.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 28th, 2013 05:42 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Originally posted by -Pr-

Last edited by Rao Kal El on Mar 1st, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 12:12 AM
SMIFF-N-WESSON

Miffed

There is a scan that I posted where Flash racing Superman on purpose and Superman catches up flying.

Now, I don't know you but I guess if YOU race a friend that you want to beat, you just run as fast as you can. But that is a personal thing, we can GUESS what is going on their minds, but I showed you evidence that proves what I said, that Flash is FASTER running yes, but Flying Superman is faster than Superman running and that changes things.

Do you think Superman running is faster than a Superman flying?

And not that I don't appreciate you hitting on me, but I don't like dudes so you can keep your phone number. smile

LOL ok lets play Quantum Physics with Sheriff Bart:

Superman moves faster while flying according to your comment.
I hate to tell you this but it doesnt matter if he's flying or not while racing The Flash. The comic was written as it was for whatever sake the author was thinking. But in the laws of their powers, Flash's speed in unhindered while moving at high speed. hince why Quantum Tunnelling is cake to him. Now Supes cannot run/fly unhindered.
In some places of the world like racetracks, we call that restricted vs unrestricted.
As for the "getting with men" comment,you arent my type as im attracted to Married Women.
The phone number..well I didnt expect none of you miscreants to deduce that one.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 03:26 AM
SMIFF-N-WESSON

Miffed

No need to smash the "I win" button again Raul.

This is a friendly thread to discuss comics.
What's your issue with everyone debating on characters?
isn't that the point of the thread?

If you don't like opposing comments then why not create a "agree with me or leave!!" thread?

Sincerely,

Sheriff Bart
City Of Rock Ridge
(555)867-5309

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 03:32 AM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

LOL ok lets play Quantum Physics with Sheriff Bart:

Superman moves faster while flying according to your comment.
I hate to tell you this but it doesnt matter if he's flying or not while racing The Flash. The comic was written as it was for whatever sake the author was thinking. But in the laws of their powers, Flash's speed in unhindered while moving at high speed. hince why Quantum Tunnelling is cake to him. Now Supes cannot run/fly unhindered.
In some places of the world like racetracks, we call that restricted vs unrestricted.
As for the "getting with men" comment,you arent my type as im attracted to Married Women.
The phone number..well I didnt expect none of you miscreants to deduce that one.

LOL Appealing to tradition again, I thought by now you should have learned that your tricks don't work in here.

And stop your argument of disbelieve with "cannot run unhindered", he has fly from vega star to earth in less than a day, how fast is that??? laughing

And if I'm not your type, then stop giving your phone number away it kind of makes you look desperate. Oh before I forget the phone thing is older than dirt, so at least be creative. But to be honest who cares, lets stay on topic please.

Answer the question please.

Do you think a Superman running is faster than a Superman flying?

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 03:37 AM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

LOL Appealing to tradition again, I thought by now you should have learned that your tricks don't work in here.

And stop your argument of disbelieve with "cannot run unhindered", he has fly from vega star to earth in less than a day, how fast is that??? laughing

And if I'm not your type, then stop giving your phone number away it kind of makes you look desperate. Oh before I forget the phone thing is older than dirt, so at least be creative. But to be honest who cares, lets stay on topic please.

He is the mod, usually mods do those things when one of the debating sides are denying the evidence.

In this case you guys.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 03:44 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

No need to smash the "I win" button again Raul.

This is a friendly thread to discuss comics.
What's your issue with everyone debating on characters?
isn't that the point of the thread?

If you don't like opposing comments then why not create a "agree with me or leave!!" thread?

Sincerely,

Sheriff Bart
City Of Rock Ridge
(555)867-5309

I want people to debate, just not to ignore what's on the actual page.

If the ruling is good enough for the CBVS forum, then it's good enough here.

Please don't presume.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 03:54 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SMIFF-N-WESSON

Miffed

answer: Superman flies faster than he does running IMO.

lets try this again, Superman flyig is still hindered compared to Flash who is protected by an aurora that negates kinetic resistance.

For the sake of learning, google 8675309 (my phone #). as stated before, I expected you to miss that one.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 06:39 AM
SMIFF-N-WESSON

Miffed

I want people to debate, just not to ignore what's on the actual page.

If the ruling is good enough for the CBVS forum, then it's good enough here.

Please don't presume.

well thats my point, everyone was debating and you come flying in with the "I win button" stating that "mod rule". LOL cmon man, is it really that serious?

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 06:45 AM
SMIFF-N-WESSON

He is the mod, usually mods do those things when one of the debating sides are denying the evidence.

In this case you guys.

also pay attention to the (555)..thats a clue.......

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 06:46 AM