KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Who Is Faster, Superman or the Flash?

WHo is the fastest man in the DC Universe?
This poll is closed.
The Flash 170 81.34%
Superman 39 18.66%
Total: 209 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Who Is Faster, Superman or the Flash?
Started by: Neo_Version 7

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SMIFF-N-WESSON

Miffed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
He is the mod, usually mods do those things when one of the debating sides are denying the evidence.

In this case you guys.

I forgot to mention that the evidence is the powers themselves and they need no representation as you should know their limits.

Im assuming that you are a fan of comic heroes and would understand their abilities so let their abilities be what they are.

Im not being biased or difficult, im telling you like it is.

The Flash was written for SPEED. Superman wasn't.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 06:51 AM
SMIFF-N-WESSON is currently offline Click here to Send SMIFF-N-WESSON a Private Message Find more posts by SMIFF-N-WESSON Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by SMIFF-N-WESSON
well thats my point, everyone was debating and you come flying in with the "I win button" stating that "mod rule". LOL cmon man, is it really that serious?

It's not about being serious. It's about it being an old subject that has been proven one way as opposed to another, and is redundant at this point.

Superman has flown FTL too many times for it to be debatable whether he can, because he's done it. The question is how far above light he can go.

I forgot to mention that the evidence is the powers themselves and they need no representation as you should know their limits.

Im assuming that you are a fan of comic heroes and would understand their abilities so let their abilities be what they are.

Im not being biased or difficult, im telling you like it is.

The Flash was written for SPEED. Superman wasn't.

"Faster than a locomotive"?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 07:32 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

If it's worth anything, the fastest speed calcs for the Flash done on NF beat the fastest ones done for Superman.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 11:30 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

I'm here to end the argument once and for all guys.

Behold, definitive proof:

Supes is in AWE, in AWE motherfathers!

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 12:55 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Originally posted by Endless Mike
If it's worth anything, the fastest speed calcs for the Flash done on NF beat the fastest ones done for Superman.

Kind of lost Mike, what is NF?

The one where he saves the Koreans puts him about somewhere around trillions of times faster than light and I thought that was his fastest speed showing, with out amping, but of course one always can be wrong.

Could you share issue # please

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 01:54 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

answer: Superman flies faster than he does running IMO.

lets try this again, Superman flyig is still hindered compared to Flash who is protected by an aurora that negates kinetic resistance.

For the sake of learning, google 8675309 (my phone #). as stated before, I expected you to miss that one.

Cool, so We agree that Superman flying is faster, weather you think he is hindered or not compared to the Flash.

So We agree that Superman is FTL and that He is also faster flying than running.

Now as I stated before Flash is FASTER than Superman when both are running.

But based on what I have seen Superman flies much faster that what He runs.

What speed they can reach based on feats could be a good way to determine who is faster.

Based on feats Flash is much faster than Superman when they both are running, Superman does not has any feats remotely close to Flash while running.

Lastly, I did not google you number, because seriously I don't care about dudes giving me their phone number weather is real or fake and I knew yours was fake because the 555.

So if you tend to google phone numbers that dudes give you around. That is completely your choice and I don't have anything else to do but to respect your lifestyle.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 02:13 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Kind of lost Mike, what is NF?

The one where he saves the Koreans puts him about somewhere around trillions of times faster than light and I thought that was his fastest speed showing, with out amping, but of course one always can be wrong.

Could you share issue # please

Naruto Forums.

http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b=18917

(To be fair, he was amped for most of this stuff)

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 02:46 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Naruto Forums.

http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b=18917

(To be fair, he was amped for most of this stuff)

Thanks Mike.

Krakkl w/Kwyzz speed boost: >=178,646,709,600,000,000,000

Wally w/Earth and Kwyzz speed boost: >= 178,646,709,611,826,000,104.38c

Wally vs. Cosmic Gambler average speed: 351,941,761,400,000,000,000c

Wally resets radios: 36,394,561,950,000,000,000,000c

Wally trans-time velocity: 23,759,448,520,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
,000,000c

Any of this feats are faster than Superman, even if Superman is flying, but I think most if not all of this are amped feats.

Correct?

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 03:24 PM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Yeah... but it might be possible for him to reach those speeds by himself. I don't know.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 03:54 PM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Yeah... but it might be possible for him to reach those speeds by himself. I don't know.

Thanks, I like very much to read all those numbers that you put on feats all the time.

I think Flash amping vs Superman is a no contest, btw.

If you could please.

What would be the speed required to reach the Andromeda Galaxy in 1 hr?

Last edited by Rao Kal El on Mar 1st, 2013 at 05:15 PM

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 05:06 PM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

... if you leave from earth, that is.

Last edited by Rao Kal El on Mar 1st, 2013 at 05:13 PM

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 05:08 PM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Andromeda is 2.54 million light-years away, so traveling at the speed of light, it would take you 2.54 million years to reach it.

Traveling at 2.54 million times the speed of light, it would take you 1 year to reach it.

Multiply 2.54 million by 365, and you find that, to reach it in a day, you would need to be traveling 927,100,000 times the speed of light.

Multiply that by 24, and to reach Andromeda in an hour, you would need to be traveling at 22,250,400,000 times the speed of light.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 06:00 PM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Andromeda is 2.54 million light-years away, so traveling at the speed of light, it would take you 2.54 million years to reach it.

Traveling at 2.54 million times the speed of light, it would take you 1 year to reach it.

Multiply 2.54 million by 365, and you find that, to reach it in a day, you would need to be traveling 927,100,000 times the speed of light.

Multiply that by 24, and to reach Andromeda in an hour, you would need to be traveling at 22,250,400,000 times the speed of light.

Thanks Mike, you are much much better at this than me.

So if this feat was done in 10 minutes or 30 we just multiply accordingly, right?

Now if you could.

What will be the speed of the flash running to save all those Koreans?

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...ct3/evucity.jpg

According to Grace Hooper light travels 1 ft in a nanosecond, so here We know Flash is running FTL. You might have a better feat for him with out amping, if you do, could you show it, please. smile

Last edited by Rao Kal El on Mar 1st, 2013 at 06:25 PM

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 06:19 PM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

According to what I got from a friend when he did both calcs

He was getting quintillions on one feat

and trillions on the other.

But now with your numbers, the sum looks different.

I'm getting the flash feat close to 196.5 billion times ftl give or take IF he saved one Korean at a time

And if we put the other feat at 10 min with out considering the OA detour it will be about 133.5 billion times ftl give or take.

But feel free to correct me if the calcs are wrong.

Last edited by Rao Kal El on Mar 1st, 2013 at 06:56 PM

Old Post Mar 1st, 2013 06:43 PM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

That particular feat is sketchy since it claims he was just under lightspeed.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2013 02:49 AM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

That particular feat is sketchy since it claims he was just under lightspeed.

Yes, i know, flash saved all those people in a picosecond.

That is way above light, but writer says is not.

I wonder what is the rule about it.

Thanks. smile

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2013 04:31 AM
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thanks Mike, you are much much better at this than me.

So if this feat was done in 10 minutes or 30 we just multiply accordingly, right?

Now if you could.

What will be the speed of the flash running to save all those Koreans?

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/...ct3/evucity.jpg

According to Grace Hooper light travels 1 ft in a nanosecond, so here We know Flash is running FTL. You might have a better feat for him with out amping, if you do, could you show it, please. smile

There were 532,000 Koreans in that city. Because he is small and possesses no superhuman strength, we must assume the The Flash carried them one at a time to an island 35 miles away in .00001 microseconds (millionths of a second). To find the distance we need to multiply 35 times 532,000, which is 2,660,000 miles. Now to find the time in normal seconds we need to divide .00001 by 1 million; this gives us .00000000001 seconds.

Now if we want the distance he traveled in one second for his speed in miles per second, which can then be compared expediently to the speed of light; we must multiply 2,660,000 by 1x10^11, this gives us 2.66x10^17. That is 266,000,000,000,000,000 miles per second. The speed of light is about 186,282 miles per second when rounded to the nearest tenth.

In that feat The Flash ran at about 1,427,942,600,000 times the speed of light.

The Flash has always been faster, that is undeniable, at 1,427,942,600,000c vs 22,250,400,000c, The Flash's feat was 64 times faster than Superman's by comparison, and required incalculably superior agility.

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Last edited by KillaKassara on Mar 2nd, 2013 at 05:51 AM

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2013 05:43 AM
KillaKassara is currently offline Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

@Rao

I just noticed that the scans at the bottom said that the Flash sometimes carried two...and using two and one at a time makes the number of trips he made unsolvable through all the algebra I know because I'd need to know the total number of trips he made, which could not be less than the speed of light as the final scan states. One or two at a time does reduce the amount of trips he made which reduces the speed by a miniscule quantity, not quite by half, which means he's still over 32 times faster than Superman, but it will reduce it.

Roa, you're asking all these math and statistic questions I assume you are very young and just into super heroes, too young to know how interested in mathematics and statistics you are...just as I was about six years ago when I first came here for comic book versus.

Furthermore he gave you Superman's speed in an our, to get 30 minutes multiply his number by 2, or for 10 minutes multiply his number by 6.

If I am to be an astronomer in any realistic time-frame, I must show some basic knowledge in statistical problem-solving. This kind of problem is child's play for even a middle schooler who plans to be an astronomer in today's competition. The modern world is complex, the world of careers in the sciences is for some of the brightest human beings on the planet, and will perpetually be so.

"Compounding these trickster aspects, the Joker ethos is verbally explicated as such by his psychiatrist, who describes his madness as "super-sanity." Where "sanity" previously suggested acquiescence with cultural codes, the addition of "super" implies that this common "sanity" has been replaced by a superior form, in which perception and processing are completely ungoverned and unconstrained"

Last edited by KillaKassara on Mar 2nd, 2013 at 06:41 AM

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2013 06:27 AM
KillaKassara is currently offline Click here to Send KillaKassara a Private Message Find more posts by KillaKassara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillaKassara
Restricted

Account Restricted

According to Grace Hooper light travels 1 ft in a nanosecond, so here We know Flash is running FTL.

This scan states those people appeared .00001 microseconds, or, 1/10000th of a microsecond, after the nuclear burst. Light does travel around 10 feet in a microsecond, but this is smaller than a microsecond, smaller than a nanosecond, smaller than a femtosecond and smaller than a picosecond, because it's .00001, four zeroes and then a one. It's more quintillionths of a second than the picoscale quadrillionths of a second. It's an attosecond.

More prefixes for Rao's future inquisitions.

Also for your pondering in math and statistics I'll give you a link to Big Numbers.

Last edited by KillaKassara on Mar 2nd, 2013 at 07:08 AM

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2013 06:54 AM
jedi90

Originally posted by -Pr-
Superman is FTL. Mod ruling. Now please, back on topic.

It is debatable because of stuff like this
(please log in to view the image)

which leads to comments like these.

quote:
Originaly posted by jedi90
like i said, you enjoy one sided arguments.

quote:
Originally posted by -Pr-
No, I really don't, and I really don't know where you're getting that from.

"I don't give them hell, I just tell them the truth and they think it's hell."

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2013 03:02 PM
jedi90 is currently offline Click here to Send jedi90 a Private Message Find more posts by jedi90 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote