KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » The Best Batman

The Best Batman
Started by: KeatonISBatman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Herr Logan
Critical Bastard

I have to admit, aside from all the massive failures on the part of the writers and director, I think Val Kilmer was the best Batman so far as well. This has much to do with the fact that both the Batman and Bruce Wayne had more screen time and character development than in the first two movies. Overall, the first two movies are the best, but Batman got screwed both times as a star. Michael Keaton did a great job with what he was given, but it wouldn't be hard to surpass his performance if the writers allowed Batman to shine.
I think Val Kilmer's a punk, but because Keaton was barely allowed to talk, and George Clooney (who I do like a lot) is just not right for the current incarnation of Batman, he did a pretty decent job with what he was given. It would have been much better if he had been told to do and say the same kinds of things that Keaton did. Of course, there was too much wrong with that movie to salvage it, really.
Clooney got a lot of shit for his part in Batman and Robin, and he admitted he killed the franchise. This is not true. If anything, his Batman got the least character exposition, and he was probably told by the director "Be yourself, George. That'll be a lot more family-oriented than if you act like the Batman."

I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do isn't very nice.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2004 07:38 PM
Herr Logan is currently offline Click here to Send Herr Logan a Private Message Find more posts by Herr Logan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LeAtHerRFace
Founder Of Fight Club

Val! Kilmer!

Old Post Feb 21st, 2004 06:48 AM
LeAtHerRFace is currently offline Click here to Send LeAtHerRFace a Private Message Find more posts by LeAtHerRFace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

George clooney did have the look mind you!possibly the hansomest of men who attempted to put the the cape.But nevr judge a book by it's cover.
My absolute favorite Batman?Kevin Conroy/the animated bruce and batman both.I mean it's animation but think anbout it,George cloony cast as Batman is only PRETENDING to be batman.But in animation,he's the REAL thing!

Old Post Feb 27th, 2004 11:28 PM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brosnan

Would have to go with Kilmer, he fits the part the best. Keaton was boring and dull as if he didn't want to be Batman. Go Val!

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 10:20 AM
Brosnan is currently offline Click here to Send Brosnan a Private Message Find more posts by Brosnan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kal-el
kryptonian slag

I think Bale will be the best of all. He's proved he can play a rich business man with a dark secret in american psycho and he was great in that. He is a handsome ladies man like Wayne is supposed to be and he's really athletic and muscular too(that may sound shallow but Keaton was so small and puny looking, you cant imagine him being able to do the things batman does) which IS part of the character, he's supposed to be 'one of the mosty superb athletes in the world' and he's huge!-6'2'' 210lbs! He looks like Bruce Wayne too. A strong featured face with a strong 'heros' jaw and widows peak hairline making look a little dark.

As for his acting, in american psycho he was a man who carried on the pretentious bullsh*t conversation/company of his wallstreet 'friends' even though he hated it, the real him was hidden beneath the surface. That IS Bruce Wayne. Batman is the real him, and Wayne is just the act. Its the opposite of superman.Clark Kent is who he is and was raised to be.He just happens to be the most powerful being on Earth(no arguments please) and has to act when he's superman. Wayne is at home in the batsuit.Batman's the real guy and Wayne is the act(just like 'Paul Bateman(Christian Bale's character) in American Psycho).
Cant wait for the new batman film. And no-one refer to it as batman5 please.Its a restart, amore acurate one. As good a films the burton ones were, they were still inaccurate in their portrayal of Jim Gordon(hes not some fat, bungling fool, hes a hero in his own right and a tough ex-green-beret soldier) and of the bad-guys. Joker and Penguin and Catwoman were great but their camp, cartwheeling idiot gang members didnt seem menacing and real enough. Batman's enemies are real ones, just like Daredevils.Real, dangerous, murderers and thieves and rapists, not clowns and Goths. Tim Burton made it his own but in doing that still didnt quite capture it right. when you read batman:year one by Frank Miller(the man!) you get an idea of what it should be like and what this new one hopefully will be.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2004 11:02 AM
kal-el is currently offline Click here to Send kal-el a Private Message Find more posts by kal-el Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote