KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » favorite horror director

favorite horror director
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Wes Craven 2 18.18%
John Carpenter 4 36.36%
Tobe Hooper 2 18.18%
Lucio Fulci 0 0%
Dario Argento 0 0%
George Romero 2 18.18%
Clive Barker 0 0%
Peter Jackson 0 0%
Dan Obannon 0 0%
Alfred Hitchcock 1 9.09%
Total: 11 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

favorite horror director
Started by: BackFire

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

favorite horror director

well pick one, my personal favorite is george romero and of course tobe hooper, no surprise there

Old Post Aug 30th, 2003 10:08 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

Wow this is a difficult one but my personal choice is a close tie between Georger A Romero (Dawn of the Dead is a classic) and John Carpenter (The Fog,The Thing and of Course Halloween) so im gonna stick with these two. I'd also highly rate Alfred Hitchcock who is the master of horror and thrillers to say the least.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Aug 30th, 2003 04:11 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

hitchcock, but the best horror writer is clive barker

Old Post Aug 30th, 2003 11:05 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

hard to choose...

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2003 11:30 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eminem/the one
ginger

wes craven is the king of movies for real rock rock rock

Old Post Sep 4th, 2003 12:18 AM
eminem/the one is currently offline Click here to Send eminem/the one a Private Message Find more posts by eminem/the one Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I'd pick sam raimi if he were up there, but not all his films are horror films, is that why he's not up there?

Old Post Sep 4th, 2003 01:05 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Wes craven is far from being the king of movies, he shouldnt be allowed to make movies anymore. watching his movies anymore seem like he's making bad movies on purpose which is a good possibility

Old Post Sep 4th, 2003 02:23 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eminem/the one
ginger

hey man thats your opinion just happy to be here.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2003 02:24 AM
eminem/the one is currently offline Click here to Send eminem/the one a Private Message Find more posts by eminem/the one Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

yeah and there was probably no reason for posting my opinion about him but it just makes me mad how he has lowerd his standerds

Old Post Sep 4th, 2003 02:58 AM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

i agree with rages...and i voted for George Romero

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2003 04:09 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

wes craven has made some outstanding horror flicks, and actually has what could be the most innovative horror film in the past 40 years in last house on the left.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2003 05:57 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Last house on the left. i'm gonna have to check it out.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2003 10:33 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

it was the first horror movie that was really different then any before it. it paved the way for Texas chainsaw massacre, halloween, and alot of the other horror movies that used realism to disturb, rather then fictional stuff.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2003 10:35 AM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

So, it's the root movie. What's Romero all about? Not familiar, i don't think.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2003 11:01 AM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

what else has peter jackson done besides my favorite, LoTR. aND i Know he is doing cabin fever, and he also did phantoms or something like that, what's up with him, what puts him on the map? i love PJ, but I only know him from lotr.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2003 11:03 AM
jinXed by JaNx

yeah craven has alot of great moviess but lately it feels like his movies have gone gown a great deail in quality, almost like he's not even tryin anymore

Old Post Sep 4th, 2003 11:03 AM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

What's up with that last vampire one he did?

Old Post Sep 4th, 2003 11:05 AM
eminem/the one
ginger

craven is the best but romerostill is good to

Old Post Sep 4th, 2003 11:58 AM
BackFire

romero did night of hte living dead, dawn of the dead, and day of the dead, among many other horror movies. and no, peter jackson is not doing cabin fever, they just snagged a quote from him for the commercial.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2003 08:20 PM
eminem/the one
ginger

oh really why not it would probley make the movie real good rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Sep 4th, 2003 08:34 PM