KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » favorite horror director

favorite horror director
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Wes Craven 2 18.18%
John Carpenter 4 36.36%
Tobe Hooper 2 18.18%
Lucio Fulci 0 0%
Dario Argento 0 0%
George Romero 2 18.18%
Clive Barker 0 0%
Peter Jackson 0 0%
Dan Obannon 0 0%
Alfred Hitchcock 1 9.09%
Total: 11 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

favorite horror director
Started by: BackFire

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

the movie looks like it could be good anyways.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2003 09:16 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eminem/the one
ginger

yes but it would be better.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2003 10:06 PM
eminem/the one is currently offline Click here to Send eminem/the one a Private Message Find more posts by eminem/the one Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

maybe

Old Post Sep 8th, 2003 11:31 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juventini

WES craven rulessss dudessss rock

Old Post Sep 8th, 2003 03:24 PM
Juventini is currently offline Click here to Send Juventini a Private Message Find more posts by Juventini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

wow no one voted for john carpenter

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2003 11:15 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Striel
Delirious and Deluded

I voted for John Carpenter, but I wanted to vote for Tobe Hooper and Clive Barker as well. One of the best directed horror movies was done by Stanley Kubrick: The Shining. I'd rank that up there with Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Night of the Living Dead as being three of the best directed horror flicks.

www.theangrytruth.com

Old Post Sep 8th, 2003 11:19 PM
Striel is currently offline Click here to Send Striel a Private Message Find more posts by Striel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

yep, the shining is the only movie to ever really scare me.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2003 11:35 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

what about cannibal holocaust?

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2003 11:36 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

that didnt scare me, but i found it a bit shocking and disturbing.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2003 11:37 PM
Striel
Delirious and Deluded

Cannibal Holocaust? Where do you guys FIND that movie? A friend of mine from another town told me about it, but it is nowhere to be found around here, and I don't want to buy it without watching it.

www.theangrytruth.com

Old Post Sep 8th, 2003 11:39 PM
Striel is currently offline Click here to Send Striel a Private Message Find more posts by Striel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

that is probably the only way you will be able to find it. it is near impossible to find unless you purchase it online.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 09:41 AM
Striel
Delirious and Deluded

Is it worth the money?

www.theangrytruth.com

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 05:31 PM
BackFire

in my opinion, yes

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 07:28 PM
johnny_rotten

I voted for John Carpenter. Only because one of my fave films "The Thing" is his.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2003 07:41 PM
johnny_rotten is currently offline Click here to Send johnny_rotten a Private Message Find more posts by johnny_rotten Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dario Argento
Master of Horror

Well, I love George Romero, Lucio Fulci, Rogero Deodato, Paul Morrisey, Dario Argento of cource, Wes Craven, Alfred Hitchcock, Roger Watkins, Tobe Hooper, John Carpenter, Mario Bava, Jess Franco, Michele Soavi, Umberto Lenzi, and that is only the beginning.
So it is really hard to pick one.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2003 02:13 PM
Dario Argento is currently offline Click here to Send Dario Argento a Private Message Find more posts by Dario Argento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grymlock
mountain of power

Cannibal Holocaust is must to have and to watch... well it's actually a classic... anyway i voted for john carpenter... cheers!!

- master of creator Godshinto

"In Darkness Everything Become Clearer Then Daylight" - King Diamond

"From Lashes To Ashes, From Lust To Dust" - Ville Valo (HIM)

Old Post Sep 17th, 2003 02:28 PM
grymlock is currently offline Click here to Send grymlock a Private Message Find more posts by grymlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leftomaniac
Freelance Geek

Wes Craven's had a fantastic horror career and made some really outstanding movies in his life. I think recently, however, he's gotten a little full of himself. He's hoping low-quality work will run just because he's associated with it. He's also started putting his name on some bad, bad stuff that he has very little hand in- (case in point- "They") ...I guess it's possible his career is just winding down, but I'd bet he's still capable of putting out something special... still, I'm not really holding my breath.

I love Alfred Hitchcock, but there's something about him-- like he's the default horror director, or something. It's like being a fan of Shakespeare, you know? Of course, that's certainly not his fault, and it doesn't diminish his skill as a director.

Clive Barker, I've always thought of more for his writing than his directing. *Shrugs* John Carpenter's okay, but he's defiantly not my favorite of the people here. George Romero, Tobe Hooper and Dario Argento are AWESOME, uh... Damn, can I just pick all of them?

Also, why isn't Ed Wood up there? ^_^ (Notice: I say favorite, not best)

Old Post Sep 17th, 2003 09:16 PM
Leftomaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Leftomaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Leftomaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

ran out of space, there were others i couldnt put up there. and i agree, i think wes is done making movies for the fans of the genre, he seems to now be making them for everyone else but the fans of the genre

Old Post Sep 17th, 2003 09:48 PM