KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Tusken Raiders: Accurate or Not?

Tusken Raiders: Accurate or Not?
Started by: Kwenn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kwenn

Tusken Raiders: Accurate or Not?

I saw this letter in the latest UK SW Magazine, and I wondered if anyone could figure it out?
Someone wrote in and said there was a continuitry error. In ANH, when they see the destroyed Jawa sandcrawler, Ben says that "These blast points are too accurate for sand people (Tuskens)", yet they can still hit a 600mph Podracer engine from a cliff face in Ep1! Hmm.... eek!

Old Post Apr 15th, 2001 02:19 PM
Click here to Send Kwenn a Private Message Find more posts by Kwenn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Actually, I think that was more luck than anything. They didn't hit with every shot did they?

Old Post Apr 15th, 2001 02:23 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kwenn

Most of em. Two hit Anakin's racer, and 1 hit Teemto's. cool

Old Post Apr 15th, 2001 05:49 PM
Click here to Send Kwenn a Private Message Find more posts by Kwenn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

But those are the ones we saw, and it was aprojectile weapon. Perhaps they're just no good with blasters???

Old Post Apr 15th, 2001 06:33 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I don't think they were projectile weapons, much as they lookedlike they were.

Mind you, I've opften wandered if Obi-Wan's line in ANH is more to do with the weapons Tusken Raiders were meant to use, rather than how good a shot they were meant to be.But of an extrapolation, though.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 15th, 2001 06:59 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I think they were fireing bullets, there's a clear ping of a ricochet in one shot, I'm sure.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2001 07:59 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Indeed there is, and they look and sound very projectile as well. But in the first side-on shot of them firing just as Anakin enters the Canyon Dune turn, the Raider at the back fires his gun and clearly produces a laser shot.

Likewise, the shot that produces the richochet is seen in laser form, and the pod that gets destroyed by them has laser shots pinging all around it before it goes down.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 15th, 2001 10:29 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kwenn

In the Jedi Power Battles game, Tuskens use projectiles. And they don't use blasters: only gaderaffi sticks and rifles. smokin'

Old Post Apr 16th, 2001 05:29 PM
Darth Pants

In my opinion, Tusken Raiders are expert marksmen compared to stormtroopers. We see them bullseyeing pods, and stormtroopers can hardly hit a stationary target at 10 metres. I could never make out the blast points anyway, the whole sandcrawler looks charred to me. Also, if you watch modern day fighter planes firing bullets, they look like laser shots as they fly through the air. Fast glowing yellow streaks.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2001 09:23 PM
Find more posts by Darth Pants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

True, but that wasn't tracer fire (for several reasons). It was clearly meant to be laser fire.

BtVS

Old Post Apr 16th, 2001 09:48 PM
Zereil
Scoundrel

I dont know maybe the laser bolt look was tracer fire. Besides wish OB1 said the Tuskans arent good with blaster and lets face it the burns on the crawler couldn't be done by projectiles. Perhaps one of two things, one is the Tuskans are rubbish with blasters when they get hold of them they are used to a greater kick from their weapons, or two how about OB1 just basically instead of having an indepth coversation about it and why its most likely to be Stormtroopers he just gave him a palm off and siad blimey governer theres no way it was the Tuskens...

Old Post Apr 18th, 2001 09:10 AM
Click here to Send Zereil a Private Message Find more posts by Zereil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote