KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Snape's memory and Draco the bouncing ferret

Snape's memory and Draco the bouncing ferret
Started by: Princess_Leia

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Princess_Leia

Snape's memory and Draco the bouncing ferret

Everyone feels what James and Sirius did to Snape was awful, myself included but how come no one thinks it's bad that Draco was humiliated in a not to dis-similar way? I mean in the GOF, he was turned into a ferret and bounced of the ceiling. And though not that it makes it any better but Sirius and James were the same age as Snape, Draco was humiliated by a teacher (who turns out to be fake I know no one knew at the time). McGonagall shouted at him but as far as we know know, he wasn't punished for what he did yet if it had of been Harry or any other student from a house that wasn't Slytherin then everyone would be up in arms saying how awful it was. I know Draco insulted Ron's mum but Harry insulted Draco's mother too so it wasn't like he attacked for no reason and Harry did question his mother's love for him which musta hurt. Yet along comes Fake Moody, doesn't ask what's going on, just turns him into a ferret and bounces him around in front of a hall full of people. It even said Draco's eyes watered with 'pain and humiliation'.

I know the Slytherins are seen as the 'bad guys but I think it's very unfair that when something like that happens to a Slytherin everyone is like 'oh but it's funny!' but had it been anyone else than everyone would be going on about how terrible it was.

I hope I explained this well enough. So any opinions?

Old Post Sep 1st, 2003 05:39 PM
Princess_Leia is currently offline Click here to Send Princess_Leia a Private Message Find more posts by Princess_Leia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
b-ball_chick
Playing the game for God

well i think wat sirius n james did was pretty bad, but dat doznt mean he has 2 hate harry, in fact harry is nothin like james more like lily~ blink angel devil

::cuz I...Stay Fresh!::

Old Post Sep 1st, 2003 05:46 PM
b-ball_chick is currently offline Click here to Send b-ball_chick a Private Message Find more posts by b-ball_chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

the point wasnt that he insulted dracos mom and he attacked stick out tongue harrys back was turned and draco was being a coward to hit him from behind also im sorry but he deserves it i mean he always makes fun of harrys family and all, and i think he was being a bastard and deserved it big grin

Old Post Sep 1st, 2003 05:47 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Princess_Leia

Yeh but Snape's seen as a bad guy by a lot of people yet people feel sorry for him (me included) but i feel bad for Draco. Maybe's that's just me but i think the good guys are quite predjudge in their own way just as much as the bad guys.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2003 05:56 PM
Princess_Leia is currently offline Click here to Send Princess_Leia a Private Message Find more posts by Princess_Leia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mg16
I Heart Dead Guys

i was in tears at what they did to snape, i never knew james was so mean, and remus just sat there and watched! i thought it funny about draco, but in some bizzare way, it's very different

10 Years

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 06:45 AM
mg16 is currently offline Click here to Send mg16 a Private Message Find more posts by mg16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mg16
I Heart Dead Guys

not that i LIKE snape or anything love no mad

10 Years

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 02:40 PM
mg16 is currently offline Click here to Send mg16 a Private Message Find more posts by mg16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

I do understand what you mean, but it just sits with me differently. maybe because, before that point, we had only known of sirius and lupin and james as good wizards, whonever did anything bad. and draco was only once attacked by 'Moody', so it wasn't the continual abuse snape had to deal with. Also, whenever harry and draco fight, it is always one on one, whereas the marauders ganged up on snape.

but i get what you mean, no one shoud be humiliated like that

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 03:55 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

also, it was malfoy who initiated the fight - in snapes memory, snape had done NOTHING that warranted being attacked. James said it himself "It's more the fact that he exists"

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 03:56 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

i dont really know but i still love the marauders love i mean all kids play tricks on others and they were jus teenagers stick out tongue and snape like draco wanted to curse james while his back was turned so hes jus a bad as draco stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 04:39 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Princess_Leia

When did Snape try to curse James behind his back? and also to the person who said kids all play tricks on each other, that wasn't a trick, that was plain bullying and it was wrong and no one can justify it. I mean I know Draco was bad but I still thinks it's unfair cause if it had of been Harry or anyone else the whole school would be in uproar over it you know what I mean? I think the scenes do come across differently, Snape's is awful, Draco's doesn't seem so bad but when u think about it he was turned into a ferret and bounced off the ceiling and if that happened it must be so humiliating and it did say it caused him pain. I'm not trying to downplay Snape's ordeal as I was so upset after reading it, it's was terrible but if you think about it Draco's was a really humiliating experience too.

It just seems like such double standards for the Slytherins and then everyone else cause fake moody didn't even get in trouble as far as we know but god help him if it had of been Harry. Most people will probably say it was funny but I feel sorry for him. Cause if u were in that position, well you probably wud never be big grin but if i was i know i'd be upset. And in terms of Draco, what he did wasn't that bad, not bad enough to derserve that anyway. I mean if harry did it no one would bat an eyelid you know?

that's just how I feel, I hope i've explained it ok.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 07:12 PM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

i thnk its just the fact that malfoy only got it once, whereas snape (we assume) was PERSISTANTLY bullied, and the entire school saw t as a form of entertainment

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 07:30 PM
Princess_Leia

Oh I know that, sorry if it seems i'm trying to downplay Snape's ordeal,i'm not, is was awful, no doubt and it was worse then what happened to Draco but i still think what happened to Draco was pretty bad too you know yet no seemed to care, like i no he's 'the bad guy' but still. And the scene did come across different, i think JKR wrote it as something amusing cause she obviously doesn't like draco (snape either) so she saw it as funny but i saw it as being another form of humiliation cause i no i'd feel awful if someone did that too me. So I feel bad for both guys.If it happened to say Neville, everyone would be up in arms shouting out the injustice you know?I know Draco started it but it was still really mean!and he was defending his mommy which i thought was adorable!

Bad guys need love too!!!!!! That's all i'm saying!

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 08:48 PM
crazy_c
Very Tired

i think jk likes all her characters

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 09:02 PM
crazy_c is currently offline Click here to Send crazy_c a Private Message Find more posts by crazy_c Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

i think she did a good job with her stories and i like them the way they are big grin

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 11:32 PM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

I'm agreeing with you Leia! I'm just saying why some people thought snapes was worse than draco! tho i hav to admit, i laughed the first time i read the ferrett moment, before i realised how bad it was!

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 08:46 AM
Princess_Leia

I'm wasn't trying to bash JKR, but I think with her, she thinks you should like the good guys and hate the bad guys cause she doesn't get why some people like Snape and Draco so that's what I meant by it.

Thanks for the support Phoenix! It just came to me that after reading Snape's memory everyone feels it was awful which is true but no one thought that it was bad what happened to Draco. Snape's was probably worse considering he didn't do anything and was outnumbered but Draco was attacked by a (fake) teacher and i always wondered if Moody even got in trouble?McGonagall yelled at him but apart from that i don't think he got in trouble, as far as we know anyway.
I do think it was probably seen as funny cause the scenes were written different, JKR meant it to be funny but i still think it was really mean.I do feel bad for Draco cause I don't think he thought of pulling your wand out behind a person's back was a bad thing, he was just hurt cause Harry did question his mothers love for him in his insult which would really sting. I just think it's unfair that if it happened to a Slytherin it's ok but to anyone else everyone would be mad. No wonder the Slytherins like Snape so much, apart from being their Head but he's the only person really on their side you know, the others might try and seem fair but everyone really is for the Gryffindors and against the Slytherins, you know what I mean? I feel bad for any Slytherin who isn't evil cause everyone just assumes you must be you know? oh well i'm babbling now so i hope that all makes sense!

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 02:13 PM
rishi

hello people

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 02:22 PM
rishi is currently offline Click here to Send rishi a Private Message Find more posts by rishi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Princess_Leia

hey rishi!

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 02:48 PM