KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Coolest aspect of Ep I

Coolest aspect of Ep I
Started by: Tex

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LanceWindu

I LOVED THE WHOLE FILM!!!

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 06:41 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Maybe the Wizzard and the Jippie part?

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 12:10 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sand person no. 10
where are the other nine

i liked the start, the first 10 minutes, Jedi intro and action, bad guys intro, opening music, and erm... oh of course Natalie Portman! wink

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 12:23 PM
Click here to Send sand person no. 10 a Private Message Find more posts by sand person no. 10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

And because she is in the whole movie, you also like the whole movie

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 12:30 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Everyone here is so easily pleaeed. Natalie Portman reading a newspaper for an hour and you'd watch it. laughing out loud

I heard really bad things about Jake Lloyd before I saw the film so I was really suprised at how good he was.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 04:21 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

No; maybe for 30 minutes. rolling on floor laughing

Dual of the Fates rules!!!
(that is for going back on topîc)

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 06:29 PM
jedi212guy
Sith Warrior

Oh yes. I really enjoyed Dual of the Fates. But I would have liked if the soundtrack had been like the others and gone in more of a chronological order. sad

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 07:03 PM
Click here to Send jedi212guy a Private Message Find more posts by jedi212guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

?? don't follow (again)

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 08:13 PM
LanceWindu

quote:
Originally posted by King Jedi
Everyone here is so easily pleaeed. Natalie Portman reading a newspaper for an hour and you'd watch it. laughing out loud

YUP.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2001 11:50 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sand person no. 10
where are the other nine

i must agree big grin

Old Post Aug 29th, 2001 11:53 AM
Click here to Send sand person no. 10 a Private Message Find more posts by sand person no. 10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Well she said she might not continue acting so you never know.
You could be getting weather reports from Queen Amidala.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2001 04:15 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Hey

Haley Joel Osmend DID try out for the part of Anakin. But Lloyd got it instead. Isn't that f&*#@d up? Lucas dropped the ball on that one, because Osmend went on to do "The Sixth Sense", and he got nominated for an Oscar. Lloyd was slammed for his performance.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2001 03:39 AM
Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HavocHound

For me, it was Jar Jar who really put me in the movie. He's just like me except with a better attitude. I'm clumsy. I'm a misfit. I'm socially inept. But I also have a more prominant dark side than Jar Jar. Other than that, we're practically brothers! smile

A lot of people think that you have to be a kid to like Jar Jar. That's too subjective. After all, you can be a kid at heart at any age. I'm a 21 year old guy and I can't get enough Jar Jar! He's such a refreshing, non-rehash, unique type of character. Jar Jar is both unique and historical at the same time. He follows the classic Joe Camblian "Hero's Journey" more closely than any other TPM character. He also follows the archetype of the good-natured fool - a timeless archetype from historic literature.

There are lessons to be learned from Jar Jar, as with all characters and themes from a grandiose masterwork like the Star Wars saga. Jar Jar has many dog-like qualities and dogs have plenty of virtues. Dogs also have a certain healing ability that comes from their unconditional love. Jar Jar, like a dog, is loyal to the right people and the right cause, regardless of his own shortcomings. Also, his shortcomings are not his fault. Practically anyone who was banished from their society and even from their own kind (Jar Jar was declared to be no longer a "true" Gungan) and sent to live in isolation - regardless of the reasons - would have turned out to be just as socially inept as Jar Jar.

As inept as Jar Jar is socially, he's also sympathetic. This aspect of his character really shows his duality. He's both comedy and tragedy. He's both a clown and a martyr (or will become a martyr - no way to know for certain). He swings from awkward to somber, his somber side being revealed when he speaks with Amidala at the window on Coruscant. It's likely that we'll see this side of him more often as the Saga progresses but it's also likely that he's always retain that half-optimistic/half-pessimistic eternally-lovable nature that defines him.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2001 05:04 PM
Click here to Send HavocHound a Private Message Find more posts by HavocHound Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

A true Jar Jar lover!

Old Post Sep 27th, 2001 05:12 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

There are a lot of people here who defend both Jar-Jar and Jake Lloyd.

I will repeat that Lloyd did the exact job he was told to do, was as good as he could have been seeing the lines he was given, and that was NOT a Haley Joel soirt of part; he plays reserved kids not manic ones.

JL played a brash kid pretty darn well, I thought. Just that, ineviably, most people don;t like brash kids in movies.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 27th, 2001 05:28 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

You can type cast actors, they can play what there suppose too, just becaus Osment plays characters that are reserved doesn't mean that he couldn't play a character like Anakin roll eyes (sarcastic) Like Tomocco said, Lucas dropped the ball on that one!!!!

Old Post Sep 28th, 2001 04:31 PM
Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Not at all. Different actors tend to be good at different things, doubly so as children. I maintain that JL plays a better brash kid than KJO could.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 28th, 2001 05:11 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sand person no. 10
where are the other nine

i think a cgi anakin would have been the most suitable actor, perhaps with a little black robe and acme.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2001 12:52 AM
yerssot

acme?
You know Jedi are perfect!

Old Post Sep 29th, 2001 11:06 AM