KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Greedo

Greedo
Started by: Bragg2012

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bragg2012
BAD MONKEY

Greedo

Anyone recon that Anakins Rodian friend (GL calls him "a greedo") is the Greedo that Han kills in Ep4?

I think he is and I also think he'll be in Ep2 for some reason thay SW people have also took his databank entry off the Ep4 section in the last week.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2001 05:01 PM
Click here to Send Bragg2012 a Private Message Find more posts by Bragg2012 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Nah. Greedo turns up in a scene that was cut from the theatrical version, but WILL be in the DVD release. Anakin's friend is called 'Wald', I think.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 29th, 2001 03:47 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Edna Witch
Magic

Besides if he was greedo wouldn't that make him kinda old? Anyway Greedo isn't supposed to have lived on Tatooine anyway.

"This Party's Over" -Mace Windu, epII

Old Post Jun 29th, 2001 03:59 AM
Click here to Send Edna Witch a Private Message Find more posts by Edna Witch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Same species. Different guys. And I believe you are right on the name, Ush.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2001 11:26 PM
Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Pants

Yeah, name's right. As for Greedo, EU sources suggest that Tatooine's loaded with Rodians. If he was, say, 10 in TPM, he would be about 44 in ANH. Not too old to be bounty hunting...

Old Post Jun 30th, 2001 02:43 AM
Find more posts by Darth Pants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Edna Witch
Magic

Anyway greedo was supposed to have been born on Rodia and then after the murder of his father at the age of three they relocated to a jungle planet which he did not leave till the age of 15.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2001 02:51 AM
Click here to Send Edna Witch a Private Message Find more posts by Edna Witch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Don't make me shoot you for using EU material, Edna... if he turns up on Tatooine in the DVD then that continuity is completely fried.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 30th, 2001 04:09 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Edna Witch
Magic

Hey! That is why I said SUPPOSED! Why did I know youwould jump down my throat for that?

Old Post Jun 30th, 2001 04:17 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That wasn't jumping down your throat... just a friendly reminder that there is no 'supposed' about EU material...

BtVS

Old Post Jun 30th, 2001 04:18 AM
Edna Witch
Magic

You see! This is exactly why dont normally post in this forum!

Old Post Jun 30th, 2001 04:34 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's hardly rocket science. Just ignore the books when it comes to the films! See?

BtVS

Old Post Jun 30th, 2001 05:12 AM
insanewookie

I think it was a good move for Lucas to cut the Anakin/Greedo fight scene from EpI. It would've been nice to see a little of anny's dark side in the movie, but i think Lucas has already pushed his luck with characters "conicidentally" running into each other from the original trilogy. Examples: Anakin creates C3P0 "Thank the maker" smile who conicidentally escapes Vader in ep4 and just happens to land on the same world where he was first activated. It also is an odd conicident that (old) obi-wan kenobi ends up on tatooine in an effort to hide from the empire. With all of the thousands of planets to hide on, why would he pick the planet of "Vader's" birth??? I love the original trilogy, but think lucas is expecting us to except too many conicidences like this. Also, I think the greedo/solo scene in the SW special edition was a dreadful mistake by lucas...old greedo was askin' for it! evil face

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2001 11:17 AM
Click here to Send insanewookie a Private Message Find more posts by insanewookie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Maybe Obi Wan was looking for the planet "Farthest from the center of the galaxy"

Personally, I'm waiting for Episode-III before passing a final judgement.

The whole Tatooine thing is set to become clearer in Episode-II, I'm sure of that.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2001 12:29 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
insanewookie

True, RC...I also think everything will be explained by epIII, as far as tatonine etc...But think Lucas has already overused that "dark center of the universe" planet too much already. Like to see some new worlds...perhaps some that seem to possess more than just one climate. Also, how do you think he will manage to fit...the bothans, mon mothma, tarkin, the palpy/sid connection, amidala-anany, anannys' fall, the clones, boba/jango,the clone wars, and the rise of the imperial empire in 2 movies??? Seems like a huge task. I think he is quite capable, but would appreciate a lot more character development than we saw in ep I. Also a Chewie cameo in II or III would be sweet! rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2001 11:42 AM
Click here to Send insanewookie a Private Message Find more posts by insanewookie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Well, Annie lifed on Tatooine so it is of importance to the movie

Old Post Jul 21st, 2001 01:35 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jay-Sherman

Insanewookie said something along the lines of greedo's death being cut from the special edition, I keep hearing about that, was it just in the U.S. vertion?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2001 05:28 AM
Click here to Send Jay-Sherman a Private Message Find more posts by Jay-Sherman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It hasn't been cut from anywhere, just that a lot of people WANTED the new version to be cut and are hoping it will be put back to the original for the DVD release.

BtVS

Old Post Jul 21st, 2001 03:33 PM
Ratcat

I thought the fight anakin has is with Wald anyhow.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2001 06:33 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Of course, I haven't seen the scene, but from what I hard someone addresses the person he fights as 'Greedo' afterwards.

BtVS

Old Post Jul 21st, 2001 08:34 PM
Ratcat

I think it's in the novel, would have to check though.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2001 09:08 PM