KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » The Oracle

Is this idea plausible?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 4 28.57%
No 4 28.57%
YOU IDIOT!!! 6 42.86%
Total: 14 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Oracle
Started by: JediHDM

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-=Urot=-
-=GET_TWISTED=-

Omega: Keep this in mind. Zeus and Demeter were the parents of Persephone.

Imo The Oracle and Persephone are not equals.

We still can't discount the fact that the Architech/Zeus may have been bluffing, or straight out lying to Neo about the Oracle's involvement in building or upgrading the Martix.

As you stated Persephone is not a very motherly type of person.

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2003 01:15 AM
-=Urot=- is currently offline Click here to Send -=Urot=- a Private Message Find more posts by -=Urot=- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
icon
New meaning to Free Agent

have you guys read the comic with the child Hope? I wont say more to spoil it, but its definately worth the read. It's "made a believer out of me."

Old Post Sep 9th, 2003 04:15 AM
icon is currently offline Click here to Send icon a Private Message Find more posts by icon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-=Urot=-
-=GET_TWISTED=-

quote:
Originally posted by icon
have you guys read the comic with the child Hope? I wont say more to spoil it, but its definately worth the read. It's "made a believer out of me."

Yes I have, and I must say it is a very good read.

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2003 04:48 PM
-=Urot=- is currently offline Click here to Send -=Urot=- a Private Message Find more posts by -=Urot=- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
magicrat

In response to the child comment from ETM in relation to the oracle:

I haven't played ETM through to the end, so I'm not sure how the "child" is mentioned in reference to the movie. However, in just looking at the word child, I come to the conclusion of "The Kid" from Animatrix and Reloaded. Any possibility there? He did give Neo the spoon in the Zion..

Or.....

The child that was in the Oracle's apartment that handed Neo the spoon and somewhat enlightened him in the concept of "There is no spoon..." Could he/she have something to do with the "Child" reference??

Just my thoughts.....

Old Post Sep 9th, 2003 04:58 PM
magicrat is currently offline Click here to Send magicrat a Private Message Find more posts by magicrat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
magicrat

[[The Omega]] In response to the child comment from ETM in relation to the oracle:

I haven't played ETM through to the end, so I'm not sure how the "child" is mentioned in reference to the movie. However, in just looking at the word child, I come to the conclusion of "The Kid" from Animatrix and Reloaded. Any possibility there? He did give Neo the spoon in the Zion..

Or.....

The child that was in the Oracle's apartment that handed Neo the spoon and somewhat enlightened him in the concept of "There is no spoon..." Could he/she have something to do with the "Child" reference??

Just my thoughts.....

Old Post Sep 9th, 2003 05:00 PM
magicrat is currently offline Click here to Send magicrat a Private Message Find more posts by magicrat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
magicrat

Sorry about the double post.....Forgot to address [The Omega] with the thought....

Old Post Sep 9th, 2003 05:01 PM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

you could have hit the "edit" button...

While it is possible that Michael Popper is the child refered to, i'm not thinking that he is. I'm not discounting it, but i don't think so. Also, it is possible that the boy from Matrix, "there is no spoon", could be the child, but we have no evidence that he has anything else to do with the sequels. Again, i'm not discounting your theories, they are plausible, but, more than likely, i think the child is someone we have not met yet.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Last edited by JediHDM on Sep 9th, 2003 at 05:10 PM

Old Post Sep 9th, 2003 05:03 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

Llaughing out loudL awww thats so sweet

Old Post Sep 9th, 2003 05:05 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-=Urot=-
-=GET_TWISTED=-

Hehehe I love that!

Magicrat welcome to our home. smile

Old Post Sep 9th, 2003 05:10 PM
magicrat

Sorry bout that....First time I've really used a forum....
Found the edit function, but won't let me delete my previous posts.....

I must say though, there are some pretty good theories about how this is going to end... I think there is more to "The Kid" than we know yet..... After watching the AniMatrix a few times, it really only adds more questions and only answers a couple.

Thanks for the welcome big grin

Last edited by magicrat on Sep 9th, 2003 at 05:28 PM

Old Post Sep 9th, 2003 05:16 PM
Korri

if u need anymore help just ask us smile

Old Post Sep 9th, 2003 05:20 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-=Urot=-
-=GET_TWISTED=-

Right just ask.

Oh keep this in mind. Unlike Korri I charge for my services. big grin

So feel free to ask for my help. wink

Old Post Sep 9th, 2003 05:24 PM
Korri

awwww ur so nice -=Urot=-

Old Post Sep 9th, 2003 05:31 PM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Same here. yes
Always glad to help...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 9th, 2003 07:14 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Urot> I am keeping that in mind. Perhaps they (Architect/Oracle) wrote Persephone at some point in time to investigate human emotions?
(I reread my post: It’s a little confusing. I was offering suggestions to what Persephone COULD be.)
I don’t think the Architect is bluffing. Computer programs do not lie. If you think it over, not a single program has told a lie this far. They may be “evil” agents of the system, power-brokers, or guardians, but they tell the truth. So if not a single program have lied this far, I don’t think the Architect did either.

Magicrat> In EtM Ghost meets up with the Oracle who has a new “look”: She explains, that two programs she once trusted sold the termination code of her old shell to the Merovingian to protect their child. When asked why she let them do that, the Oracle replies that she think that one day he child will be important to both man and machine.

I’ve read the Matrix Comic, and Hope is not the child mentioned by the Oracle. The Oracle says “Important”, not “hope” in ETM. It may be ANOTHER child (remember, most people freed from the Matrix are “The Kid” age.). Hope, however is capable of shape-changing in the “real world”, which is quite extraordinary. No human can do that. Either the real world IS a matrix, or Hope is a machine (maybe with nanotech like T-1000 from T2).

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Sep 10th, 2003 01:12 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

I hate to keep repeating it, and if i'm wrong, you can all send me nasty messages after we see Revolutions, but i believe that Zion is a program, just like the Matrix...

Also, wouldn't choice be considered part of emotion, or would it be a cross between reason and emotion?

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 10th, 2003 01:32 AM
The Omega
Z10N0101

JediHDM> big grin I’m just not a big fan of the Matrix within the Matrix theory. But Hope is sure making a case for it.

I wouldn’t call choice an emotion. Choice is deciding between possibilities. Emotions are felt. I can’t really FEEL a choice (unless I decide to jump from my balcony that is smile), nor choose an emotion.

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Sep 10th, 2003 01:36 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Omega> Yeah, but there has to be some way to "classify" choice. I mean, some people make decisions based on emotion, some based on reason, and some are somewhere in the middle. If i were to classify choice, i would say that it is the offspring of Reason and Emotion. Do you see where i'm going?

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 10th, 2003 01:55 AM
The Omega
Z10N0101

Yes, but I disagree that CHOICE, as an act, is an emotion. It’s something all by itself. Both are part of what makes us human. Emotions AND our ability to chose between various possibilities.
Choice is the offspring of possibilities. (Confuses self now big grin)

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Sep 10th, 2003 02:59 AM
icon
New meaning to Free Agent

umm now was it just me, or did ALL of you misread the comic. Not once did Hope change outside the matrix, it happened all inside. You only see Hope outside the matrix one time, as a little girl, her *original* form. That is, of course, when the captain returns from Zion. Correct?

Old Post Sep 10th, 2003 03:08 AM
icon is currently offline Click here to Send icon a Private Message Find more posts by icon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote