KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » USH'S LOTR GAME REFERENCE- People of interest at Fornost

USH'S LOTR GAME REFERENCE- People of interest at Fornost
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
At god
The Terminator

Well I want to play it too Im into LOTR books. I finished them just yesterday (fellowship- return of the king). I know some info of middle earth but, I don't know if I'll play a good charcter :P

Old Post Oct 14th, 2006 11:38 PM
At god is currently offline Click here to Send At god a Private Message Find more posts by At god Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mithlond
Gondor needs no King!

OK, Menelacar has spoken to Lord Seinost

SEINOST:
- Not actually titled; married onto the council.
- Highly thought of by Gorlim, and others apparently
- Has a remarkable collection of artwork
- seems patriotic to Arthedain
- has never served in the army; has no ambition to lead an army
- thinks anyone seeking to lead armies should not be allowed to in case they are too aggressive
- Knows Farael wants to control armies, but concedes he would not seek to invade Angmar, which Seinost takes as a good thing.
- thinks several other lords want the job
- Lord Annphor is a friend of the Chamberlain
- Morsire is friend to the young prince
- Annuneryn is very young
- will not be taking part in the tournament, but will be a spectator.

Questions to consider - how did someone so... passive... end up on the ruling council when he was from a nondescript small landowning family?
-Exactly WHY is he so highly thought of? What are his particular strengths?

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 02:14 PM
Mithlond is currently offline Click here to Send Mithlond a Private Message Find more posts by Mithlond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Nice job!
He SEEMS really passive, but do you think he would have a motive for being a traitor?
I'm still looking for suspects.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2006 11:11 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mithlond
Gondor needs no King!

I'm not discounting him
- he was very anti-invasion of Rhudaur
- not a fighter
- comes from a 'lesser' family, so perhaps has inferiority complex which Witch King could tap into
- nice collection of artwork - perhaps evidence of a separate income?

Obviously, I'm not saying its him either! But, a 'definitely maybe'.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 06:58 PM
Mithlond is currently offline Click here to Send Mithlond a Private Message Find more posts by Mithlond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I can sort one thing out- bar the intervention of the King, the Council titles are hereditary.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 07:17 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

When the tourney starts, I suggest we all take another Lord. Darvan'll try and chat with Annphor.

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 07:29 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mithlond
Gondor needs no King!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
I can sort one thing out- bar the intervention of the King, the Council titles are hereditary.

But Seinost obtained his title through marrying the descendant.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 07:33 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yup; the previous incumbent was his Wife's Father.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 08:26 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

You can add to Farael`s info that his not Dunadan.

Halatir`s ambition certainly seems suspicious. He may be the type to do something stupid to get the glory he wants. He is likely the foremost among Hawks, right? We should see about Morsire as well.

Concerning Seinost, it seems he is respected for his wisdom, he appears to be rather likeable. Likely to be a good administrator, and seems to have good relations with common folk.

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Feb 19th, 2007 01:10 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

'Not' Dunedain may be stretching it a bit. His line is weak though.

BtVS

Old Post Feb 19th, 2007 01:17 PM
Lord Melkor

Well, Morsire doesn`t seem to like elves. Fact that Pallidan didn`t use proper term with refering to Prince(though he seemed to be respectful) but it doesn`t excuse Morsire being so hostile. He is not dealing with his subject here.

Frankly, a Noldor is entitled to not feel like some Dunedain`s Prince inferior, I think.

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Feb 19th, 2007 02:32 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, Palidan is in that person's country, Elendur has a right to position that even the Elves recognise, and is a direct descendant of the Dunedain (or even more precisely, Numenorean) King that once saved the Elves, Noldor or otherwise. 'some' Dunadain Prince is an odd term. They are incredibly rare. Much rarer than some wondering Noldor.

Like I said to tpt in private, you CAN play your Noldor haughty enough as to not care about that. It's not absurd for a Noldor to be like that. But it would be staggeringly unhelpful. There is a difference between feeling inferior and showing respect.

BtVS

Old Post Feb 19th, 2007 03:12 PM
Lord Melkor

Guys, we have no grounds to throw baseless accusations against Lords, like Anglomir just did against Annumeryn! Why do you think he is likely to be a Traitor. That he is young and not remarkable doesn`t matter as he simply inherited his title!

Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Feb 21st, 2007 01:44 PM
Mithlond
Gondor needs no King!

No-one is accusing anyone yet, but they are ALL under suspicion...

I will be updating Annuneryn's info once I finish beating - er I mean skillfully extracting - the information out of Gorlim.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2007 02:57 PM
Lord Melkor

Morsire certainly doesn`t like elves, I bet he isn`t keen on outsiders in general. What do we have on him from the previous episodes? He had some argument with Rex`s character, right?

Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Feb 21st, 2007 04:26 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Everyone had an argument with Morsire, I think. He's not a friendly person in general.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2007 04:41 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mithlond
Gondor needs no King!

OK, Annuneryn info

- Young, and arrogant
- Thinks the current situation is more hysteria than actual threat
- Thinks very lowly of Farael as he doesn't have pure Dunedain blood
- BIG skeleton in his closet in regard to his father - Gorlim winced when I mentioned it and got very defensive.

An interesting quote,
"As you yourself are well aware, of course, Dunadain are the leaders of Men. Farael's almost a commoner. My father would have none of it!" He shrugs and seems to think about something. "Maybe he should get one of them after all though... ahh, who knows?"

Perhaps some Kin-strife tendencies/opinons?

Old Post Feb 21st, 2007 07:42 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well now, this is a general vibe that has been slowly bubbling around.

Basically, the entirity of the Arnorian nobility consider the Gondorian Dunedain to be impure, mostly as a result of the Kin Strife. The purity of the Arnorian line is shown in their dark hair and similar looks throughout and is in many ways a laudable thing, but its darker side is shown in the prejudice against Farael.

BtVS

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 02:07 PM
Mithlond
Gondor needs no King!

Lord Annphor:

- quite friendly, cheerful
- Was with Gorlim at the original ambush, which puts him in the 'unlikely' category (this is correct, Ush?)
- Thinks Amon Los was attacked from INSIDE Arthedain, but concedes this can't be proven
- States the Council is in debate over the matter.
- Not entering any tournament events
- thinks Annuneryn is going to enter the Tournament, always keen to impress
- Annuneryn's father hated Farael because of his mixed heritage
- Annphor seems to hold similar views about heritage, although seems to get on fine with Farael, and thinks he may be a suitable general for an army

Old Post Mar 8th, 2007 08:10 PM
jaked13

Hey does any1 know the range and strength of the troll chain and the rocks they throw ? can u display it lie this too ...

Troll chain = range=... strength=...
Boulder = range=... strength=...

Many thanks jaked 13 :P

Old Post Aug 8th, 2007 06:30 PM
jaked13 is currently offline Click here to Send jaked13 a Private Message Find more posts by jaked13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote