KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » hans mention of hell

hans mention of hell
Started by: darth fester

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Gundark
Mayhem

As far as the screen in Luke's x-wing, DF....that was R2's beeps and whistles translated into written word that Luke could read and thus know what R2 was saying. It wasn't alien, just written "basic" which is what is commonly spoken in the SW universe.

Old Post May 4th, 2001 07:31 PM
Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Pants

Funnily enough, though, the Imperials seem to use that style of text too, yet in the Death Star, the tractor beam controls are clearly in English.Hmmmm.

Old Post May 5th, 2001 01:39 AM
Find more posts by Darth Pants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Missed that one.

*Rushes for VCR*

Old Post May 5th, 2001 02:07 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChelsiJediKnight

It is weird that Han would say that. It is even weirder because, unless I am missing something, they never even say Oh My God! Or even take his name in vain. But then you gotta think about. Greek Mythology did not have A God, it had several Gods and Godessess. But they did have a Hades. An after world. And that is exactly what Han Solo could have meant. But that is just my theory agreeing with more previous answers.

big grin (please log in to view the image)

But what brings balance to the Chosen One?

Old Post May 15th, 2001 12:06 AM
Click here to Send ChelsiJediKnight a Private Message Find more posts by ChelsiJediKnight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I think that the actual word is basically irrelevant. It was meant to signify a bad place and GL chose to use a word widely recognised as being bad.

Someone said about it being a best translation, I think that's the only way to look at it.

Old Post May 16th, 2001 12:21 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I said it. I think we agree here; no point reading into it.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 16th, 2001 12:26 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

One thing that bothers me about that though is that they took the time to come up with the Spice Mines of Kessel and that wasn't explain, though we all got that it was implicitly bad. Why not do the same with Hans words and let the audience figure it out?

I think the translation idea does work best though...

Old Post May 17th, 2001 04:13 AM