KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » The lowest form of wit?

The lowest form of wit?
Started by: Ratcat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ratcat

The lowest form of wit?

mechmoggy
Jedi Padawan
(4/9/01 1:35:18 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del All The lowest form of wit?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another strange thing from me again yes but...

Am I the only one to notice that Palpatine's sarcasm in ROTJ is totally out of control? Consider...

"...oh, I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive..." and "...and now, you WILL die..."

How nonchanlent does he sound saying those lines!

And while were on that scene, could Vader have gotten any more S's in his declaration "sssssisssster"!
" I'll be careful"

"You'll be dead!"

Ushgarak
Jedi Master
(4/9/01 5:06:58 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: The lowest form of wit?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Certainly Palpatine would have sounded a lot more clever if he hadn't been talking such rubbish.

JediOasis
Jedi Knight
(4/9/01 9:15:37 pm)
I think that was apart of his evilness. He was so sure of himself that he didn't even consider losing.
"Are you feeling stupid? I know I am,"-Homer J. Simpson

Darth Pants
Jedi Padawan
(4/9/01 11:07:26 pm)
Notice how silly his voice became in the thirty odd years between TPM and ROTJ too. Darth Sidious sounds threatening, as the Emperor he sounded a bit daft, methinks. I personally love the matter of fact manner in which he delivered the "He will come to you, and then you will bring him before me." line.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2001 06:52 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

It's become one of my perculiaraties I'm afraid, that "sssssissster" thing. If anyone says "sister" in conversation I always repeat it in my Vader voice.

I know what you mean about that though RC, he's just so damn sure of himself isn't he. Silly **** didn't see that shaft drop coming though did he! laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 11th, 2001 01:20 PM
Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Actually he sounded rather irritated with Vader with the line "he will come to you and you will bring him before me". And I know why - he had already told Vader that when he first landed on the DS. "patience, my friend. in time, he will seek you out. and when he does you must bring him before me"

Like, earth to Vader, he already told ya that. get your head out of your butt. laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 12th, 2001 09:44 PM
Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Ninja

Palpaltine was much older in ROTJ and the Dark Side's corruption was making age even faster. I didn't really think anymore of Palpatine's attitude differences in TESB, ROTJ, and TPM (even as Darth Sidious) than Darth Vader's in ANH, TESB, and ROTJ.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2001 10:32 PM
Find more posts by Darth Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zereil
Scoundrel

I think Sidious/Palpentine was basically being a bit of a Showman and was trying to annoy Luke sufficiently to turn to the Dark side.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2001 09:16 AM
Click here to Send Zereil a Private Message Find more posts by Zereil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote