KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » 2questions

2questions
Started by: yerssot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
yerssot

2questions

There are 2 things I never understood:
1) Where did the Eopies go in ANH? Did they all disapear at the same time?
2) Difficult to explain in English:
On Tatooine: "This R2-unit has a bad motivator, look!" Why does he say that? It is clearly an R5 unit (R5-D4), you can see it at the 'head' of the unit.
I asked that a while ago to the JediCouncil @starwars.com but they didn't answered. confused confused

Old Post Jul 16th, 2001 02:51 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Don't know about the first, but as for the second, the R2 could well have been the most common model and therefore became what people called any robot of that type by default; rather like calling vacuum cleaners 'Hoovers' even if they are not made by Hoover.

Either that or Luke is plain stupid. I could go for that...

By the way, yerssot, why not post a welcome in the Welcome area? Always happy to hear about new members. Don't be shy!

[ July 15, 2001: Message edited by: Ushgarak ]

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 16th, 2001 03:22 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jameous Woodshire

"Either that or Luke is plain stupid. I could go for that"

LMAO! laughing out loud

That's sort of my theory too.

As for the Eopies I figure that we just didnt see them in that area. Maybe they are in the SE ANH but I dont know, I havent checked that tape lately. (I'm a bit like Queeg in that respect) Greedo shoots first! Cripes! roll eyes (sarcastic) eek! mad

Old Post Jul 16th, 2001 08:58 AM
Click here to Send Jameous Woodshire a Private Message Find more posts by Jameous Woodshire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Whats eopies embarrasment

Old Post Jul 16th, 2001 02:03 PM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Sorry about the welcome-thing, I'm new so I don't know my way around.
Finti: eopies are those white beast with a snuit that are just there for transport (remember when Qui-Gonn brought the hyperdrive+at the podrace when Jarjar was working at Annies podrace?)
That about being in the wrong area, is to say it with a word: gibberisch! They are used for transport, there are no wild ones, so that about the wrong area is not supported by any facts

Old Post Jul 17th, 2001 12:44 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

And again, I was wrong! So sorry, but the Eopies ARE wild creatures and some of them are used by humans. But then I will change my question in: what happend to the Eopies that are used by men? Eopies are everywhere in EPI: podrace,background and bringing the hyperdrive, what happend to them?

Old Post Jul 17th, 2001 01:10 AM
Darth Pants

Yeah, whilst it looked like Tatooine was familiar, there were loads of differences.
Thinking about it, Mos Eisely and Espa could be on other sides of the planet, making feasable the idea that there were different creatures in ANH and TPM, but I doubt they are that far apart (Beggar's Canyon is common to both films). It's most likely they were replaced with speeders as thay became cheaper and affordable to the people on Tatooine.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2001 02:52 AM
Find more posts by Darth Pants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

And thuse the pitfalls of prequels spaly Lucas square on the jaw!

Old Post Jul 17th, 2001 04:03 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

How do you mean cheaper?
You just catch a Eopie and it finds food by himself: they are still wild.
You don't need to buy an engine or ions etc.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2001 11:07 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

Perhaps they were more economical in their time, but lets face it; speeders get you around the surface a lot quicker. I guess George decided he wanted a new critter there and didn't worry about this bit of continuity. He's got bigger fish to fry.

As for Luke and the R5 unit....lets face it, at the time, George probably didn't even worry about, as I'm sure he never gave a thought that 24 years later, there would be these obsessed fans discussing these kinds of questions. He didn't want to confuse the audience with "R2" and "R5".

Old Post Jul 18th, 2001 03:04 PM
Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Yeah, something like:
eopies = old age
speeders = modern age

Old Post Jul 20th, 2001 01:25 AM
darth fester
jay & silent bobs friend

i think a nice rainbow colourd cape would be nice

Old Post Aug 9th, 2001 03:45 PM
Click here to Send darth fester a Private Message Find more posts by darth fester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

For what?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2001 04:03 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

to hang over those eopies to bring some color? laughing out loud laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 10th, 2001 04:46 PM