KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Blasters

Blasters
Started by: Darth Pants

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Pants

Blasters

Has anyone noticed how lame Ep1 blasters are compared to the OT blasters?

In the OT, the blasts took pieces out of stormtroopers' chests in a shower of REAL sparks. In TPM, the blaster bolts go "TINK" when them hit, they scorch walls like someone's put a cigarette out on them, and you can only see the sparks produced for a couple of frames. Only the droidekas had serious weapons.
I think GL should go back to pyrotechnics for this effect, or is it an example of more powerful weaponry 34 years on?

Old Post May 31st, 2001 03:46 AM
Find more posts by Darth Pants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Hadn't the Republic lived in an age of peace for a long time? Whereas, in the OT you had the clones wars not long passed and the Galaxy was a much more militaristic place anyway.

Old Post May 31st, 2001 11:03 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Naboo weaponry is unlikely to have been very agressive. Trade fed guns could have been nastier, but without armour on the guys being hit there is very little GL can do; you will note that we don't actually see many Naboo soliders go down.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 1st, 2001 02:19 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Pants

Hmmm. Rebels didn't have armour though, and they still hit the deck with flames and smoke pouring from their bodies. You've got to agree about walls being hit, though.

We didn't see enough Naboo soldiers go down, in my opinion. The droids would have seemed so much nastier if they could gun down more soldiers. To me, they just seemed like dumb walking machines designed to miss targets and look impressive when cut with a lightsabre.
Please tell me that GL didn't cut down on the good-guy death for the kids' sakes, we'll not be in for very action packed Eps 2 & 3 if thats the case.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2001 03:09 AM
Find more posts by Darth Pants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I think the Battle Droid blasters were quite similar to those of the Storm Troopers.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2001 03:09 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote