KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Fourth of July

Fourth of July
Started by: Dim

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jameous Woodshire

Well, alot of the origonal Texans are not from the US but from Mexico. Up to 1/3. Alot of the US imagrants are not from Britan, but several other countrys.

Also the Texans married alot of the natives that were her making most native (several generations) Texans as being there for thousand of years.

ANd yes I have alot of relitaves in Texas. Thats why I know.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2001 12:12 PM
Jameous Woodshire is currently offline Click here to Send Jameous Woodshire a Private Message Find more posts by Jameous Woodshire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Well I was referring to ALL non American Indian Americans.

I may be wrong, but I think that the percentage of Brits in the mix is actually quite small. A lot of dutch, french, belgium, danish and germans in there.

As well spanish and mexican. Diversity is a good thing though.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2001 12:51 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jameous Woodshire

Well, you were right, sort of. (did I say that!?!)

But they had been here for generations before they became Texans. That makes them no longer Imagrants.

There were 5 other nations that ocupied Texas before they were part of the US. French, Spanish, Mexican, Texan, United States, And the south. Is who ocupied the area.

You could say the same thing about England, but it happened over alot longer time and it wasnt the same countrys.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2001 12:59 PM
Jameous Woodshire is currently offline Click here to Send Jameous Woodshire a Private Message Find more posts by Jameous Woodshire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Hmmm, there's a whole, VERY contentious, issue there about the history of the US that I am not going to get into.

But, I did correct myself in latter posts to say Immigrant Stock. big grin

Let me just add, before someone pulls the racist card out of the pack, that this is not a racist comment, just stating facts.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2001 01:09 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jameous Woodshire

HEY, NO! I Never thought it was a racist comment. Just a bit Eurocentric.

Its a bit right but, not the whole picture.

Just like some of the other debates that all of us are having. big grin

Old Post Jul 5th, 2001 01:15 PM
queeq
Chaos

Debates? We have debates?

Old Post Jul 5th, 2001 02:01 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

"It must have been love, but its over now" - some swedes
slaps myself over the head for those words. embarrasment

Old Post Jul 5th, 2001 02:04 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Admit it, you love Swedes. Search your feelings, you know this to be true.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2001 02:09 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Eurocentric. Hmmmm, apart from all the Americana discussions you mean. laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 5th, 2001 02:14 PM
finti

Swedes are ok, not quite as cool as Norwegian but like 0,5% so big grin

Old Post Jul 5th, 2001 02:14 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Where is Normway anyway? confused laughing out loud big grin

Old Post Jul 5th, 2001 02:46 PM
finti

On top of Europe big grin big grin

Old Post Jul 5th, 2001 03:00 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

Finti has a point there, RC.

The Dallas Cowboys stink and thats about all I have to say about Texas. No offense intended of course.

We went to the neighbor's for July 4. Did the chicken and brats on the grill thing, the potato salad thing, and the ten tons of other food to go along with it thing, the football in the pool thing, the fireworks thing and the continuous drinking thing. Any questions class ?

Old Post Jul 6th, 2001 05:16 AM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Dallas Cowboys is my team sad

Old Post Jul 6th, 2001 11:38 AM
Jameous Woodshire

Da Boys!

But it may be till 2010 before they will be good again. It makes the winning that much sweeter though.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2001 11:48 AM
queeq
Chaos

2010????? They can grow new players by then.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2001 12:58 PM
Jameous Woodshire

Well, they gave away all their draft choices so they cant get any good rookies till then.

They might be good this year, but I doubt it.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2001 01:11 PM
finti

maybe they should clone roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jul 6th, 2001 02:12 PM
queeq
Chaos

Yes, then you'd have no problem when key players get injured. They're ALL keyplayers.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2001 02:26 PM
finti

boba fett as quarterback stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 6th, 2001 03:30 PM