KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Fourth of July

Fourth of July
Started by: Dim

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dim
Creativity

I don't know..I just read that Houston, Dallas, Austin and San Antonio were all named in the Top Ten Cities in the US.. I think there's more to it than The Cowboys.

As for holiday drinking...I had one drink with dinner and it put me under..it must be my medication or I'm getting old.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2001 06:33 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jameous Woodshire

I'd like to see that. I guess the closest you can get for now is the Madden 2001 game.

And Dim's right Texas has 4 of the top cities, they also have some of the largest markets outside of NY and LA in the nation.

Alot of dot coms and other siliicon valley co.s are moving to the Austin, DFW and Houston area. Cause no power problems, few days of snow, and the only thing DFW and Austin has for natural disastors is tornados, and those are rare. Even in tornado alley (from Texas to Nebraska)

Old Post Jul 7th, 2001 04:36 AM
Jameous Woodshire is currently offline Click here to Send Jameous Woodshire a Private Message Find more posts by Jameous Woodshire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
keokiswahine
Confusion

Yes, Jameous, keep plugging Texas. roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 7th, 2001 11:42 AM
keokiswahine is currently offline Click here to Send keokiswahine a Private Message Find more posts by keokiswahine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jameous Woodshire

Well, I may have to find a job in Austin or DFW soon.

"There's nothing left for me here."

But unlike Luke I still have family there.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2001 02:10 PM
Jameous Woodshire is currently offline Click here to Send Jameous Woodshire a Private Message Find more posts by Jameous Woodshire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Big place, Texas.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 8th, 2001 04:05 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Next stop on the journey?

Old Post Jul 8th, 2001 04:18 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
keokiswahine
Confusion

roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) Jameous, do you really want to move to the big city? It's so nice where you are. Of course, eating is better when you have a better paying job. big grin big grin

Old Post Jul 8th, 2001 11:14 AM
keokiswahine is currently offline Click here to Send keokiswahine a Private Message Find more posts by keokiswahine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

If Sam Houston wanted to be part of the States, then who are we to argue with him?

By the end of the century I guess.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 8th, 2001 06:03 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I'm sure they do that a little faster than that.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2001 08:31 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Probably. Well, remember the Alamo, either way.

BtVS

Old Post Jul 8th, 2001 10:06 PM
Ratcat

Why?

Old Post Jul 9th, 2001 03:28 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jameous Woodshire

As for Sam Houston, they argued with him about that and alot of Texans have regretted it ever sence.

At The Alamo 118 Texans (mostly from other states and from Mexico not alot of actual folks that had lived here before the war) took on one of the largest standing armys (Mexico) and fought off sevevral divisions of that army for 13 days. They ended with a kill ratio of over 20 to one. Before They were rushed from all sides.

That battle was used as a rally cry for the Texans in the rest of the War. But it was unnecessary because the Mexicans had already massacared innocent civilans at Goliad and executed the captured troops at Fannin several months before.

So if Travis and Bowie had listened to Sam Houston and SF Austin and left the Alamo before the Mexicans got there, we would say remember Goliad. Bowie and Travis would have survived and Crockett might have been elected President of the US after the Texas war. If that had happened he would have forgivin Texas' war debt And Texas would be its own Republic.

And Keo, Ive always lived in a town of at least 25,000. The nicest place I ever lived scenery wise was in east Texas at the Stephen F. Austin University in the middle of the Sam Houston national forest. But I like being able to go to other stores than Wal-Mart and Downtown hardware stores. (Quaint as they may be)

smokin'

Old Post Jul 9th, 2001 03:58 AM
keokiswahine
Confusion

big grin Some towns of 25,000 are small and quaint when measured against places like Dallas itself. When we lived on a farm in south central Missouri, we lived 3 miles from town, a bustling town of 80 people, and that included all the dogs, cats, and deceased in the cemetery. roll eyes (sarcastic) now, that's small.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2001 04:08 AM
Jameous Woodshire

Yep there are several of those kinds of towns in east Texas. They are kinda nice, but theres nothing to do for a night life (Except for cow tipping) and its hard to find anything new. Those towns are always 5-10 years behind the times. There are also those towns all over Texas but thats the way it is with all the States in general.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2001 04:16 AM
keokiswahine
Confusion

there is no night life in those tiny towns; you hafta make your own night life, called house parties. They roll up the sidewalks at dusk. big grin

Old Post Jul 9th, 2001 04:20 AM
queeq
Chaos

So when is Texas planning to be an independent country again?

Old Post Jul 9th, 2001 04:26 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

This just turned into the Texas Tourist Thread. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jul 9th, 2001 12:58 PM
Jameous Woodshire

Sorry, I kept getting asked questions.

How about this... Last night we blew up a bunch of fireworks that were left over from the 4th.

It was a blast! (Pun intended) we shot them off for 3-4 hours. My friend had a bunch left over and he treated us to them.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2001 01:39 PM
queeq
Chaos

A bunch? For four hours????? Must have been a BIG bunch.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2001 03:09 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

We started to go to the fireworks at the fairgrounds here, but they must have started them early because of bad weather we were having and they were already going up as we were headed in, so we just pulled off the edge of the road and watched from a distance. It was very humid and the smoke hung in the air. After a while you could hardly see them anymore. Rather frustrating.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2001 09:43 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote