KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » I'm writing a movie called Utopia, here's what I've got so far.

I'm writing a movie called Utopia, here's what I've got so far.
Started by: Evanescence

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Evanescence
Bring Me To Life

I'm writing a movie called Utopia, here's what I've got so far.

Scene: Outside a High School-1982. Kelly’s class has finished for the day, and she’s on her way home. She is walking through a deserted street. It’s a shortcut she always takes. A man is hiding behind a tree, watching her. When Kelly walks past the tree, he grabs her and claps a hand over her mouth to stop her screaming. He drags her down and rapes her. She struggles but is overpowered. He leaves her lying there.

Scene: Kelly’s house. It’s dark. She opens the door and walks in. Her parents are at the dinner table, waiting for her. They don’t look happy.

Kelly’s Mum: (Name is Marla) Where the hell have you been, young lady?

Kelly’s Dad: (Name is Tom) Dinner has been ready for the past half hour and-

Marla: We were worried sick about you!

Kelly: You’ve never been worried about me before, and you could have started tea without me. You do every other night. What’s so important about this time?

Tom: Don’t you take that tone of voice with your mother.

Kelly: I wasn’t.

Marla: I asked you a question. Where have you been?

Kelly: Why should I even bother to tell you? You’ve never cared about anything that happened to me before.

Marla: What do you mean, never cared about you before? Of course we care.

Kelly: You think you care? What about last year, when I broke my arm? It took you a week to take me to hospital. You call that caring? All you care about is yourselves, and the size of your bank account.

(Tom steps forward and slaps her face)

Marla: Tom!

Tom: (Glaring at Kelly) She deserved it. How dare you speak to us like that!

Kelly: It’s true. (She ducks as Tom goes to hit her again)

Marla: (sighs) Kelly, where were you?

Kelly: (Mumbling) If you must know. I was raped. I’ve been lying in a ditch for the past 4 hours.

Tom: Don’t give us that bullshit. We’ve had to put up with your stories for years. Why should I believe you? Your too stupid to even know if you were raped or not.

Kelly: (Screaming) Do you wanna see???!!!

Tom: Watch your language.

Kelly: Don’t you care??

Marla: Get in the car.

Kelly: Now is not the time to be going on a drive to Grandmothers house.

Marla: I’m taking you to the police station, so you can make a statement.

Kelly: (Looks at her disbelievingly) You believe me?

Marla: No one would make up such a story. I believe you, you’re a mess. You look like you’ve been attacked.

Tom: If it is true, it could actually work in our favour. Publicity. Public feels sorry for us, they do business with us, more money.

Kelly: Your still thinking of yourself!

Marla: Enough! Both of you! Kelly, say not another word. Tom, that was so uncalled for your making me wonder why on earth I married you.

Tom: Money is important to me.

Kelly: Even more important than your own daughter?

Tom: I didn’t want a daughter, I wanted a son. An heir, for all this. (Gestures around the house.) Instead, I got stuck with a whiny little brat! I have no heir. Who the hell will inherit all of this? It’s your mother’s fault, she always was weak.

(Marla glares at him)

Kelly: I was 10 years old when you got all this. You weren’t even first in line for it. Uncle Mark was. If he hadn’t have died, this would not belong to you.

(Tom turns and stomps away)

(Marla sighs and leads Kelly out the door)

Scene: Police station. Kelly is explaining as best she can what happened.

Policeman: (Name is John) Can you describe your attacker for me, please?

Kelly: Umm…he had short dark hair, his teeth were rotten, he had on a black-no, navy blue jacket, with a yellow stripe across the front. And black jeans.

(John stands up and goes to a cupboard. He takes out a file, and removes a picture. He shows it to Kelly) That him?

Kelly: That’s him. Who is he?

John: Names Marcus Harrington, a serial rapist. He escaped from here three months ago. Since then he’s raped 7 other girls. We’ve been out looking for him since then.

Marla: How could someone so dangerous escape from a place like this?

John: He was on day release.

Marla: And why, may I ask, was a criminal on day release?

John: Because his time is-was-almost up. All prisoners go on day release when their prison terms are nearly over. It’s a way of introducing them back into society, after being confined in this place for so long, they need to get out and see how much things have changed since they’ve been inside. At first they are supervised, then they are let out by themselves. We trust that they will return by a certain time, however this time that didn’t happen.

Kelly: So what happens when you catch him again?

John: It’ll be another 10 or so years in the slammer for him.

Kelly: And if you don’t get him? He’s just going to be out there. I don’t want that.

John: Neither do I. I sincerely hope that we get him. I, personally, want that bastard caught more than any other guy on the case.

Marla: Why?

John: He raped my 11 year old daughter week before last. When I get my hands on that son of a *****, I will rip his ****ing head off with my bare hands.

Kelly: I’m sorry about your daughter. I know all too well what she’s going through. Give her a hug from me, okay? I hope she feels a little better soon.

John: Thank you, I’ll tell her that. Thank you for coming in today.

Kelly: It’s no problem. I hope this Marcus whoever guy is caught. I’d hate him to hurt anyone else. I hope he gets what he deserves.

John: Oh, he will, don’t you worry about that.

(Marla stands to go. Kelly stands also)

Marla: Thanks for your time, officer.

John: Thank you for coming in. I hope the next few days are less traumatic for you, young miss.

Marla: My daughter is going straight to bed when we get home. She’s been through a terrible ordeal, and a good rest will do her good. You can take the rest of the week off school, sweetheart, and do what you like. (She hugs Kelly) Okay?

Kelly: Okay. Thanks.

Scene: In the car, driving home.

Marla: I’m so sorry I didn’t believe you before, I apologize. And just ignore your father. He’s just taking out on you what he feels about me.

Kelly: What do you mean?

Marla: I had a difficult pregnancy with you. I can’t have anymore children, and your father can’t accept that. He blames me for not giving him a son, but he was perfectly happy with a daughter, until he inherited the business.

Kelly: it’s not your fault. These things happen.

Marla: I can’t help blaming myself, though. If I had had a son after you, he wouldn’t be this way now.

Kelly: He should accept that it would have been dangerous for you to have anymore children after me. (She thinks for a minute) Why didn’t you adopt?

Marla: Your father doesn’t consider any child other than his own an heir. It was either his son or nothing.

Kelly: So who will the business go to when you’re both gone?

Marla: You.

Kelly: Me?

Marla: I had you written in as sole heir on our will.

Kelly: Does dad know that?

Marla: No, and he’s not going to find out either.

Kelly: How do you know?

Marla: He’s never once checked the documents, he left it all up to me. He hasn’t even asked my about it once. God knows who else he thinks the business will go to when we die. There isn’t anyone else it could go to.

Kelly: I don’t know what I’ll do with it when I get it.

Marla: Don’t start getting ahead of yourself, young lady, I’ve got years left in me, and I don’t intend on leaving this earth anytime soon. Besides, if I was in your position, I’d sell the bloody business and soon as I got it.

Kelly: Really?

Marla: (Pulls into driveway) Yes, I would.

Kelly: Why?

Marla: It’s just what I would do. It’s worth a fortune, you could sell up, and use the money to do your own thing. Trust me, you don’t want to be bored like me.

(She stops the car and they get out and walk towards the front door)

Kelly: Being a clothes designer doesn’t sound boring.

Marla: Oh, it is. I enjoyed it in the beginning, then I just got bored. Your father does most of the work on it now.

Kelly: Does he enjoy it, or is he bored too?

Marla: He hates it as well. But he does it. It earns good money, you see. He’s only in it for the money, nothing else.

(They open the door and go inside. Tom is nowhere to be seen)

Kelly: Where’s he gone?

Marla: Probably gone for a drive to let off steam. I wouldn’t worry. He’ll be back later. Now you should go and have a shower, and go to bed. A rest will make you feel a lot better.

Kelly: Okay. (She heads upstairs to the shower)

Scene: Kelly’s room. She’s had a shower, her hair is wet, and she’s getting ready for bed. Marla comes in.

Marla: All set?

Kelly: Yeah.

Marla: You can sleep in tomorrow, alright? I’ll make sure no one disturbs you.

Kelly: Thanks.

Marla: You’ll feel better in the morning. And if you ever need to talk about it, just come to me okay? I’m sorry for what happened earlier. It won’t happen again.

Kelly: I hope not.

(They hug, and Marla leaves the room. Kelly closes her door, and gets into bed. She turns off the lamp and lays in the dark for awhile, thinking. Eventually, she closes her eyes and goes to sleep)

Join my Terminator site if you want!

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 11:21 PM
Evanescence is currently offline Click here to Send Evanescence a Private Message Find more posts by Evanescence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evanescence
Bring Me To Life

The next day. (Marla walks into Kelly’s room. Kelly is crying)

Marla: What’s wrong?

Kelly: (Sobbing) I don’t know, I don’t know…

Marla: It’s okay, take your time. I’m here, I’ll listen.
Kelly: I can’t get him out of my head…he’s there…in my head…I can’t get him away.

Marla: By him you mean…

Kelly: Yes, he’s there, I keep remembering what happened, what he did, how much it hurt…oh God what if they don’t get him? He could do this again, he might even come after me again…what if-

Marla: Shush, it’s okay. (She puts her arms around Kelly and hugs her) No one is going to hurt you…he won’t, I promise. Never.

Kelly: How can you be sure?

Marla: I’ll make sure.

Kelly: (Whispering) We didn’t go to the hospital…

Marla: Did we have too?

Kelly: If you don’t take a pill after you get raped, you can get pregnant.

Marla: Who told you that?

Kelly: I learnt it in school yesterday.

Marla: I didn’t even think to go to the hospital…oh God…(looks at Kelly)

Kelly: Guess we’ll just have to hope for the best, huh?

Marla: I suppose so. Now, you get some more rest, okay? Is there anything you want me to get you?

Kelly: No, I’ll be fine, I think…apart from the fact that every time I close my eyes, I see him.

Marla: It’ll get better eventually, you’ll see.

Kelly: I hope so.

(The phone rings down the hall)

Marla: Just a second, I’ll get that. (She gets up to leave the room)

Kelly: Why can’t dad get it?

Marla: He didn’t come home last night.

Kelly: Where is he?

Marla: I have no idea, but he’ll turn up. He’ll probably come home, blind drunk, as usual.

Kelly: I hate it when he does that.

Marla: So do I. (She leaves the room, and picks up the phone. Sound of voices, but you can’t hear what’s being said. She hangs up and comes back into Kelly’s room) That was the policeman we talked to yesterday.

Kelly: What did he want? Does he want to ask me some more questions?

Marla: No, he says they’ve caught that Marcus guy.

Kelly: Really?

Marla: Sometime early this morning.

Kelly: What’s gonna happen to him?

Marla: He’ll be kept in custody until the trial.

Kelly: What trial?

Marla: There has to be a trial, you, and the other victims will be there to explain to the court what happened to them.

Kelly: You mean I have to tell a bunch of strangers what happened? No, no way.

Marla: Sweetheart, you have to.

Kelly: No I don’t, and I won’t. I’ll have to see him again, and I don’t want to see him again. Ever. I won’t do it.

Marla: You’ll be helping to put him back behind bars again.

Kelly: But won’t they just lock him up anyway?

Marla: There has to be a trial.

Marla: Because there just has to be. Kel, do it for those other people he hurt, too. Do it for that nice policeman’s daughter. Imagine how the other girls will feel about getting up there in front of everyone, and telling there story? Many of those girls won’t want to do it either, but I bet they will.

Kelly: What makes you think that?

Marla: They’ll want him locked away forever, just like you do. The more victims that testify, the more chance there is of him being locked up for the rest of his life.

Kelly: You think?

Marla: I do.

Kelly: (Sighs) Alright, I’ll do it. But only cause it’ll help.

Marla: That’s my girl.

Two months later (The trial is over, and Kelly is watching the TV. News of the verdict has caused an uproar amongst the public)

Kelly: I can’t believe he only got 16 years.

Marla: Me nither, considering he got 11 years last time, he should’ve gotten more time, but what can you do? The decision was made.

Kelly: How old will I be when he gets out?

Marla: You will be…32

Kelly: Wow.

Two weeks later- Morning-Kelly is throwing up in the bathroom

Tom: That little ***** better not be pregnant, so help her!

Marla: Go easy on her, for Christ sake, it wasn’t her fault.

Tom: If she had’ve been a boy this wouldn’t have happened.

Marla: Will you stop going on like that? You were over the moon when she was born. It was only until you inheireted this shit that you decided a son would’ve been better. You had problems with a daughter until two years ago

Tom: I didn’t know what she’d turn out like, did I?

Marla: Oh, shut the **** up! I’ve had it with your shit. Just leave her alone! (She goes into the bathroom. Kelly is slumped over the toilet bowl)

Kelly: I think I am, mum.

Marla: Oh, God…okay…well, you don’t yet know for sure, so-

Kelly: This is the third day I’ve been puking my guts out in the dunny. I can’t keep anything down, and you know that I’ve missed my period twice. I am. I know it. I can feel it.

Marla: Okay. I think you are too, it’s just a little difficult to come to terms with right now.

Kelly: Tell me about it. (She gets up and Marla leads her from the room. Tom is outside the door)

Tom: ****!

Kelly: Bastard! ( She runs at him and pounds his chest with her fists) I hate you! You have no idea how I feel! The least you could do is show a little sympathy for me!

Tom: I have no sympathy for a brat like you.

Kelly: (Screaming) I hate you!

Tom: Say that again and you’ll be out on the street.

(Kelly goes to say something but thinks the better of it, and closes her mouth)

Marla: Kel, come on, I’ll take you to hospital so you can find out for sure. (She puts an arm around Kelly’s shoulder and leads her out the door with a backwards glance at Tom, who is fuming)

Scene: Hospital. (The test results have come back. Kelly is expecting)

Marla: What are you going to do?

Kelly: With the baby?

Marla: I’ll leave the decision up to you.

Kelly: I can’t have an abortion.

Marla: Why not? It’s still early on, and-

Kelly: No. It’s not right.

Marla: You’re against it?

Kelly: Yes. (looks at her mum) The doctor says I’m 10 weeks gone. That’s a baby to me. I used to look at pictures of them in my schoolbooks. I saw what they looked like when they’re growing inside you…it’s a baby. To me, anyway. I don’t care what anyone says. And (puts a hand over her belly) this baby has done nothing wrong. It didn’t ask to be here. Why should I kill it? I know that maybe… when he or she arrives, I could look at it and think only of him…see only him…but I’ll always remember that there’s a part of me in it, too. I can’t get rid of that. I’d be making the biggest mistake of my life. I’d regret it.

Marla: If that’s the way you feel.

Kelly: It is.

Marla: Then I respect your decision, although, your father is not going to be happy about this at all.

Kelly: He’ll have to get used to it. We all do. Besides, it’s not his body, it’s mine. I have a say in what happens with it.

Marla: I know. I’ll tell him to go easy on you.

Kelly: You’ve told him to go easy on me every day since it happened, and he hasn’t.

Marla: Just make yourself scarce, okay?

Scene: House. Living room. Tom isn’t happy with the news.

Tom: What do you mean, you’re keeping ti?

Marla: Tom..

Tom: Shut up! You put her up to this, didn’t you?

Marla: It was her choice.

Tom: She’s not old enough to make a choice.

Kelly: It’s my body and I’ll do what I like with it!

Tom: I don’t want a bastard kid brought into this family. It would ruin us!

Kelly: Don’t you mean you?

Tom: You little *****! (he grabs her and drags her upstairs to her room. He throws her in and locks the door from the outside) You’ll stay there until the brat comes, then.

Kelly: (through the keyhole) Fine!

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 11:21 PM
Evanescence is currently offline Click here to Send Evanescence a Private Message Find more posts by Evanescence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evanescence
Bring Me To Life

(Tom drags a reluctant Marla downstairs)

Cut to inside Kelly’s room- she is sitting on the floor, her back against the door. She is crying. She turns and beats her hands against the door. Slowly she slumps down to lie on the floor and her crying gradually subsides)

7 months later-Kelly’s room. She is in labor.

Kelly: (bangs against door) Mum! Help me!

Scene-downstairs-Tom is trying to prevent Marla from going upstairs)

Marla: She’s in labor, for ****s sake!

Tom: And she can stay in labor as far as I’m concerned.

Marla: Don’t be so God damn blasted cruel! No matter what you feel for her, she’s still your daughter.

Tom: She probably isn’t even mine. (looks directly at her)

Marla: You son of a *****. (she walks past him, he grabs her arm but she yanks it away from him. She hurries upstairs)

Kelly: It’s coming!

Marla: I’m here. (she opens the door and walks in. Kelly is pushing)

Kelly: It hurts!

Marla: I know it does, I know exactly how you feel. You’ve got to try to calm down a little, though.

Kelly: It’s pretty hard to calm down considering the circumstances! (she pushes)

Marla: Okay, lets get you over the your bed…

Kelly: What the hell for? I don’t need to rest! (another push) Oh, hell, it didn’t realize it would be so hard!

Marla: You thought it would be easy?

Kelly: I knew it would be hard, but I didn’t think it would be this hard, and this painful!

(Marla helps Kelly over onto her bed. She makes her lie down and lifts her legs up. She has a look)

Kelly: IT HURTS! (she pushes again and screams) I can’t do this anymore mum, it hurts too much.

Marla: Yes you can, Kel. Come on, I can see the head, a few more really big pushes like you’ve been doing and it’ll be here.

(Kelly pushes again, her face goes bright red. When she is done she flops back, exausted on the pillow)

Marla: You’re doing great, honey.

(Tom enters)

Tom:You could’ve saved yourself all of this if you’d have just gotten rid of it.

Marla: (Shouting) Tom, just **** off! Your not helping.

(Kelly pushes again)

Marla: One more push, Kel, and it’ll be all over…

Kelly: I can’t. It hurts too much!

Marla: Just one more! You can do it.

(Tom folds his arms across his chest and leans in the doorway)

Marla: One more…

(Kelly gives one last push. A wail is heard)

Marla: It’s a girl! (She cuts the cord with a pair of scissors she’s bought with her)

Kelly: (pushing herself to a sitting position) I have a baby girl?

Marla: A very healthy, and beautiful baby girl!

Tom: A bastard daughter.

Marla: (hands the baby to Kelly) I’ll just go downstairs and get a decent blanket. I’ll be back in a minute. (she gets up and leaves the room)

Kelly: (looking at her daughter) She’s so beautiful…I’m going to name her Andrea. (she looks up as Tom approaches her) Isn’t she gorgeous, dad?

(Tom doesn’t say anything. He looks at Kelly and Andrea for a moment, then leans over and takes her from Kelly)

Kelly: (sighing happily) She’s just so sweet.

Tom: You’re not keeping her. It’s already been arranged.

(Tom turns and hurries quickly out the door with baby Andrea)

Kelly: (panicking) Where are you taking her? Mum! (she slides herself off the bed to try to stop him but falls to the floor) Mum! Dad’s taking my baby! He’s taking my baby…

(cut to downstairs. Marla has heard Kelly and starts up the stairs)

(cut to Tom. He is coming down the stairs with the baby)

(cut to Marla. She sees Tom coming down the stairs with the baby, and guesses what is happening. She stands in the middle of the stairs to prevent Tom from passing)

Tom: Get outta the way, Marla.

Marla: What the hell do you think you’re doing?

Tom: I told you months ago she wasn’t keeping it.

Marla: I didn’t think you were serious!

Tom: Well I am. Now move!

Marla: Give her to me.

Tom: Move your ass right now, or the last thing you’ll see is the floor right before your face hits it.

Marla: Don’t be ridiculous. Tom, she’s cold. Give her to me. I’ll wrap her up.

Tom: That will be taken care of soon enough.

Marla: Let me do it.

Tom: She’s not keeping it.

Marla: It’s her child!

Tom: (yelling) And I told you she wasn’t having it! Okay? End of story. Now get out of my ****ing way!

(Marla stands her ground. Tom holds Andrea with one arm, and sends Marla flying with the other. She falls against the stair railing, tries to regain her balance, but falls over the edge. She screams before she hits the ground. She lies still)

Kelly: (from her doorway where she’s crawled) Mum!

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 11:22 PM
Evanescence
Bring Me To Life

(Tom runs downstairs with Andrea and out the front door. A man in a car is waiting for them. He takes Andrea and hands her to a man in the passenger seat)

Tom: You’ll need to clean her up a bit and make her warm.

Man: That will be taken care of. You got the money?

Tom: Yep. (he reaches into a jacket pocket and pulls out a wad of notes) Twenty five grand. (he hands it to the man in the car)

Man: Thank you. (he puts the car into gear and speeds off. Tom looks after it till it disappears around a bend, then he turns and walks back inside the house. He walks past Marla’s lifeless form, and upstairs to Kelly’s room. She has just delivered the afterbirth, and is crying on the floor)

Tom: Get up.

(Kelly keeps crying)

Tom: I said, get up.

Kelly: Where’s Andrea?

Tom: Never you mind. She’s no longer your concern.

Kelly: She’s my baby! And I want to know where she is. Where have you taken her?

Tom: She’ll be taken care of well enough. Now get your butt up off that floor before I drag you up.

Kelly: (shrieking) I want my baby back!

Tom: (hauls Kelly to her feet) You can’t have her. You’d never be able to take care of her and I told you months ago, just like I told your mother, that you were not, under any circumstances, keeping that baby. I thought I made that clear?

Kelly: She’s my baby and I have a choice on whether I feel I am capable enough to raise her.

Tom: Shut up! (he holds Kelly by her right upper arm and drags her downstairs. Kelly sees Marla lying on the floor and screams)

Kelly: What did you do?

Tom: She fell.

Kelly: You killed her because she wanted me to have Andrea!

Tom: No, I killed her because she wouldn’t keep her mouth shut.
Kelly: You killed mum and you killed my baby! (she tries to pull away from him but he is too strong)

Tom: I didn’t kill that brat, but if you don’t shut up, that can be arranged. She’s going to a place where they will take care of her. I think.

Tom: I never bothered to ask where she was going.

Tom: It didn’t matter to me.

Kelly: (yelling) It does to me!

(Tom slaps her. He puts an arm around her waist and carries her kicking and screaming to the car. He opens the car door, pushes her in, then gets in the car, starts it up, and speeds off down the road)

Kelly: Where are we going?

Tom: Never you mind.

Kelly: I want to know. Where are we going?

Tom: Somewhere where you’ll feel a lot better.

Kelly: The only way I’ll feel better is to have my baby back.

Tom: You won’t even remember her within the hour.

Tom: All this will soon be forgotten.

Kelly: What will?

Tom: You’ll see.

Kelly: (starts crying again) Where’s my baby?

(Tom says nothing)

Kelly: (whimpering) I want Andrea back.

Tom: (pulls into the driveway of an old brick building. He stops the car and opens his car door) Out.

Kelly: (looking at the building) What is this place?

Tom: It doesn’t matter. Come on. He gets out and closes his door and goes around to Kelly’s and opens her door. He roughly pulls her out and escorts her up the drive to the door. He opens the door and walks in, closing the door behind him)

Kelly: Where are we?

Tom: Never mind that now. You don’t need to know. (he leads her down a long hallway then up some stairs and down another long hallway. He stops outside a heavy oak door and knocks. The door is opened by a man with graying hair and steel framed glasses. He is wearing a nametag which states his name as Frank Andrews)

Frank: Hello Tom, nice to see you again. (he looks down at Kelly and smiles) And this must be Kelly. Hello there, young miss.

Kelly: (sarcastically) I’m seventeen years old. I would hardly call myself a ‘young miss’.

Tom: Watch your attitude.

Frank: It’s no problem. (he ushers them into his office. There is a long sofa and two chairs in the room)

Kelly: Who are you meant to be, Mr (checks his nametag) Andrews?

Frank: I’m a hypnotherapist, and please, call me Frank.

(Tom leads Kelly over to the sofa and makes her lie down)

Kelly: What’s a hypno whatever?

Frank: (ignores her. He pulls one of the chairs closer to the sofa and sits down in it) I’ll make you feel better shortly)

Tom: You won’t remember a thing.

Kelly: (suspiciously) What are you talking about?

(Frank starts moving his hands slowly over Kelly’s head. She watches him, and can’t seem to take her eyes away from him. She knows that he is doing something to her and it’s not good but she can’t move)

Tom: Nearly there.

(Kelly stares straight ahead at Frank’s hands. All of a sudden she looses conciousness)

Tom: Is it?

Frank: It’s been done. When she wakes she’ll remember nothing of the past sixteen years.

Tom: (lets out a deep breath) Okay, then.

Frank: Do you have the story all set?

Tom: It’s all set.

Frank: Be careful when you explain everything to her.

Tom: She won’t get suspicious, will she?

Frank: Just be careful not to forget your story. If you **** up and give her two different versions of events, there may be trouble. However, I don’t think there will be a problem.

Tom: Thank you so much for this.

Frank: It’s no bother.

Tom: If I didn’t do this, I’d have to put up with a yelling kid all day, not to mention the fact that she’d know what I did her mother.

Frank: Everything will work out fine, you’ll see.

Tom: Do I owe you anything?

Frank: Not a thing. I still remember a little something you helped me with years ago. I’m just returning the favor. Do you remember?

Tom: (thinking) I remember.

Frank: (gesturing to an unconscious Kelly) You’d better get her home. You don’t want her waking up here.

Tom: Certainly not. (he goes over to the couch and scoops Kelly up and carries her out the open door) Later.

Frank: Later. (he closes the door after them and sits down on a chair with a sigh. He sits for a minute, then gets up and walks over to a board with newspaper clippings stuck to it. He looks at one with the heading ‘Murder investigation into death of leading hypnotherapist’s wife’. There is a picture of Frank with his wife. He looks at the articals for a long time, then sits down at his desk and shuffles through some papers)

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 11:22 PM
Evanescence
Bring Me To Life

Scene Orphanage, 16 years later. A woman is walking down a dingy hallway opening doors yelling for the kids to get up. She pushes open one door and goes in. There is a bed in the room, and someone is asleep in it. The woman walks over and pulls the blankets off the person)

Woman: Up!

(The girl wakes and turns to look at the woman)

Woman: Get up, Nicole, you lazy brat. If your not up by the time I count to three, you’ll get a good swift kick up the backside!

Girl: My name isn’t Nicole, miss, it’s Andrea.

Woman: Don’t start with that shit again. Now get your filthy arse outta that bed.

Andrea: I thought Sunday was a day of rest.

Woman: And what gives you that idea?

Andrea: It’s what you tell us all. Monday to Saturday are working days, and Sunday is a day to relax. It’s part of that junk you read us out of the bible.

Woman: How dare you! (she steps forward and slaps Andrea’s face)

Andrea: Not everyone believes, you know.

Woman: You will believe while you are here young lady, or God will punish you for your sins.

Andrea: You just hit me. Is God going to punish me?

Woman: I am a devout Christian, I have never once been punished for my sins.

Andrea: So you admit you have sinned, but haven’t yet been punished. Maybe God’s got something in store for you?

Woman: Whatever he has in store for me, I will accept it. Now get down to the church before the service begins.

Andrea: You people are so old fashioned. People is dumpy joints like this had to go to pray at silly old churches donkey’s years ago. It just don’t happen now. (she walks past the woman to the door. The woman pulls her back)

Woman: Where do you think you’re going?

Andrea: Where you told me to go. The church thingame.

Woman: Don’t be so stupid. Get dressed first. I won’t put up with your behaivior today.

Andrea: You never said I had to wear clothes, miss.

(the woman slaps Andrea again)

Andrea: Oh no. Another sin. Better be careful, that’s two in less than a minute. (waggles finger at the woman) Tut tut.

Woman: I will not have you naked in the presence of God!

Andrea: (looks shocked) Oh my goodness, you must have been born fully clothed.

Woman: You had better watch yourself, young lady.

Andrea: Or I might sin in the presence of God. If I stripped naked, I’d really be sinning.

Woman: Watch it, Nicole.

Andrea: It’s Andrea, and what do you want me to watch?

Woman: Stop being so ridicoulas, and get dressed, and have your butt down in that church in ten minutes, or they’ll be hell to pay. (she walks out the door)

Andrea: I hope God drops a rock on your head. (she goes over to her chest of drawers, pulls out a shirt and pants, puts them on, walks out the door and goes down the hall to the church)

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 11:23 PM
Evanescence
Bring Me To Life

SceneChurch. Andrea enters, goes down the aisle and kneels behind her friend, Kate. The woman looks at her and scowls. Andrea smiles sweetly at her, and the woman goes back to her praying. Kate nudges Andrea)

Kate: Is Mrs. Turner giving you shit again?

Andrea: She always gives me shit.

Kate: I got it from her yesterday.

Andrea: Looks like it’s my turn today then. (they are both quiet for a minute, then Andrea turns to Kate) She keeps calling me Nicole.

(Kate starts giggling, Andrea pinches her arm and Kate yelps. They both start laughing then stop abruptly when they see Mrs. Turner glaring at them)

Kate: Why do you think she does that?

Andrea: To piss me off.

(they both listen to the ramblings up front for a minute or two)

Andrea: (murmering) The father son, and the holy-

Kate: (whispering) Mrs. Turner.

Andrea: (aloud) **** no!

Kate: Ssh! Your too loud!

Andrea: Anything to get out of this place. We have another hour here. I don’t think I could stand it any longer.

Kate: Do your knees hurt too?

Andrea: Yes they bloody well do, and my guts hurts too cause I haven’t had breakfast.

Kate: Nithor have I. Shit, look out.

Andrea: What? (she turns around to see Mrs. Turner coming toward them) Uh oh.

Kate: You’ve done it now.

Andrea: (gleefully) I have, haven’t I?

Mrs. Turner: You’ll come with me now, Nicole.

Andrea: Who’s Nicole?

Mrs. Turner: Come with me, Nicole. I am running out of patience.

Andrea: You might sin again. That would be the third sin this morning, miss. Going for a record?

Mrs. Turner: Get up off that floor and come with me right now!

Andrea: Call me by my name and maybe I will. Besides, I want you to hit me again, in this church. Sinning right under the watchful eyes of God.

Mrs. Turner: I don’t have time for your crap, Nicole. (she grabs hold of Andrea’s shirt front and yanks her to her feet, and drags her down the aisle)

Andrea: Careful miss, you’re sinning, you know.

Mrs. Turner: How dare you embarrass me like that?

Andrea: You weren’t the only one. Can you please be gentle? I don’t have many clothes, you know.

Mrs. Turner: I might just send you somewhere where clothes are not needed.

Andrea: Yep, back in the belly of me mama!

Mrs. Turner: You watch your mouth, young lady!

Andrea: Are you gonna wash my mouth out with soap?

Mrs. Turner: I just might do that.

Andrea: You ‘just might’ everything, but you never do.

Mrs. Turner: This time I might.

Andrea: There you go again. (they reach her room. Mrs. Turner pushes her in)

Mrs. Turner. There’ll be no meals for you today. (she closes the door and locks it)

Andrea: (yelling at her through the door) I starve every other day, anyway!

Mrs. Turner: (mouthing the words though the glass in the door) Watch it.

Andrea: Screw you, you *****! Someday I’ll be outta here. (she leans her back against the door) As soon as I find out where my mum lives.

Evanescence
Bring Me To Life

Scene: Kelly’s house. She is having a nightmare, and is tossing and turning in bed. She sits up in bed and sceams. Her girlfriend, Heidi, wakes.

Heidi: It was that nightmare again. Wasn’t it?

Kelly: (sobbing) Nearly every night. I don’t know what’s happening to me. Why am I having these dreams?

Heidi: It’s only a nightmare, it can’t hurt you.

Kelly: You can say that, because your not the one having it!

Heidi: I understand, but remember, it can’t hurt you.

Kelly: It’s just so…real. So vivid. I’ve never had a dream that felt this real before.

Heidi: What actually happens in these dreams? Are they the same each time?

Kelly: (nods her head) Every single time. (remembering) I’m a kid again. Well, not really. I’m about 14…maybe 15, and I’m coming home from-I don’t know where from, I just know that I’m coming home…and some guy grabs me, and he rapes me…it’s horrible.

Heidi: (shudders) I can imagine.

Kelly: It’s so real…I can feel it. It hurts like hell…he’s so strong, I can’t stop him, (she pauses) and I can never see his face. But now…in the beginning, when I first started having the dream, his face was all-distorted, so I couldn’t see who he was…(trails off)

Heidi: (prompting her) And?

Kelly: And now when I have it, his face isn’t as distorted as it was in the beginning. It’s so strange.

Heidi: Do you think that if you have the dream a few more times you might be able to see who he is?

Kelly: (nods her head slowly) I think so. But I don’t care what he looks like. I hate dreaming about him. He’s so frightening, and he makes me sore…(embarrassed) you know where…but it’s only a dream, and I can’t understand why I hurt so much after it.

Heidi: Am I right in guessing that that’s why you haven’t wanted to sleep with me lately?

Kelly: (in a low voice) It’s not your fault. I want to, I’m just afraid.

Heidi: That you’ll think of him when we-

Kelly: Uh huh. I’m sorry.

Heidi: It’s okay.

Kelly: I’m fine on the nights I don’t have the dream, though.

Heidi: (grinning) I know.

Kelly: (gives her a look) You have a strange sense of humour, you know that?

Heidi: (nodding happily) I know.

Kelly: (puts her arm around Heidi) I love you.

Heidi: I should hope so. I sure as hell don’t want to be sleeping with a beautiful woman who doesn’t love me.

Kelly: Do you love me?

Heidi: Of course I do. I wouldn’t be here with you, otherwise.

Kelly: I’m so happy to hear that.

Heidi: (hesitating) Kel, would it be alright if we…I know you’re afraid of invisioning him, but can we try? I mean, can we…you know. You might not think of him.

Kelly: (unsure) And if I do?

Heidi: Then we stop.

Kelly: (takes a deep breath) Well, I am kinda in the mood now that you mention it…(grins mischiviously)

Heidi: Oh I love you. (They kiss and hold each other, then Heidi burrows down under the bedsheets. Kelly giggles then gasps and her hands clucth the sheets)

(Time lapse. Kelly and Heidi are lying in bed, cuddled up together. Kelly’s head is resting on Heidi’s chest. She is snoring softly. Heidi looks down at her and smiles. She strokes her hair)

Scene: Tom is walking down a street, when an elderly man bumps in to him. Tom is enraged.

Tom: Watch were your going, you old fool. (the man looks at Tom)

Man: Tom? Tom Lang?

Tom: (looks closely at the man) Frank? Is that you?

Frank: Great to see you again! How are things, if you know what I mean?
Tom: It’s certainly a good thing that I bumped into you.

Frank: Really?

Tom: We need to talk.

Frank: Ok…well, we can’t go to my office, I retired a few years ago, you see.

Tom: (snorts) Might’ve been a good thing.

Frank: (looks surprised but goes on) So we’ll have to go to my place. I just have a few errands to run, then I could spare a moment, say, three o’clock?

Tom: My God, you’re not the man you were 16 years ago.

Frank: What do you mean?

Tom: You talk like an old fart.

Frank: (ignoring him) How’s Kelly?

Tom: That’s what I wanted to talk to you about.

Frank: Well, I’ll see you at three o’clock. Still in the same house, so you’ll have no trouble finding me.

Tom: I’ll be there.

Frank: Good. ( he slaps Tom on the back as he walks past. Tom stares after him, deep in thought)

Scene: Frank’s house. He and Tom are sitting in armchairs drinking whiskey.

Frank: So how’s Kelly?

Tom: She’s remembering. (looks accusingly at Frank)

Frank: That’s impossible. Her entire memory was erased. There is no possiblility at all, whatsoever, of her memory ever coming back.

Tom: Well, she is.

Frank: How could you possibly know that?

Tom: I’ve been keeping a close eye on her. I know she’s remembering.

Frank: Go on.

Tom: She’s been having dreams-nightmares, actually. She has them quite often.
Frank: And you would know this because…?

Tom: I had a camera installed in the air vent in the ceiling of her bedroom. I can make out some of what she says when she wakes up from one. Early this morning, for instance, she had one. I couldn’t entirely make out the whole conversation she had with that little **** of a girlfriend she has, but a made out enough of her incoherent babbling to know. I believe it’s only a matter of time before she remembers everything. I just hate watching her **** that little ***** she’s whored herself.

Frank: Why do you watch then? She’s not asleep?

Tom: I haven’t been laid in years, not since I threw Marla to her death. I need to get off on someone, don’t I?

Frank: Your own daughter?

Tom: She’s got great ****. That’s a consolation. You should have a look at her, too.

Frank: I think I’ll pass on that one.

Tom: So how do I stop her from remembering?

Frank: You don’t.

Tom: What?! I don’t stop her? What the **** do expect me to do when she remembers that I killed her mother? She knows I did it, at least she did, and she will soon, if you don’t do something about it.

Frank: (thoughtfully) I wouldn’t worry about it.

Tom: How can I not worry? She’s only a few dreams away from putting me behind bars!

Frank: I would imagine that the dreams she is having would be very vivid. It will probably cause her to become depressed. Also, with the dreams being so lifelike, she’d be quite unstable…

Tom: Your point?

Frank: Over time, the dreams will get more and more vivid, until she can stand it no longer.

Tom: You can’t be thinking that she’d…? My daughter would not do that. Even I know that.

Frank: I think she just might.

Tom: Well, as we can’t prevent her from remembering anything else, I hope you’re right.

Frank: I hope so too, for your sake.

Tom: If she remembers, I don’t what I’ll do.

Scene: Kelly’s house. In the bedroom. She and Heidi are in bed together. Kelly has her arm lying across Heidi’s middle, and her head is rested on her chest.

Heidi: Enjoy that?

Kelly: We should do this more often. I never imagined how good it would be to do it in the afternoon.

Heidi: There’s something more exicting about doing it in broad daylight, isn’t there? Even though the curtains are drawn. (they giggle)

Kelly: Shame we’ve never tried it before. (she sits up and looks lovinly down at Heidi) What else would make our sex life more exciting, do you think?

Heidi: (raises her eyebrows) You tell me.

Kelly: We could do it in the jaccuzi.

Heidi: Oh, yes…those little bubble jet things are every pleasurable, I’ve heard.

Kelly: Hmm…I’ve kind of been wondering what it’d be like to do it on the kitchen table.

Heidi: It would hurt your ass.

Kelly: But it’d be interesting. We haven’t made love in ages…not properly, anyway.

Heidi: (gently) And that isn’t your fault.

Kelly: I know. I think. But while everything with me is fine, for the moment, anyway…and we have nothing to do today, except mope around the house all day.

Heidi: And you want to spend the rest of the day on a table?

Kelly: We could try the dishwasher later.

Heidi: You don’t have to try and make things up with me. There’s nothing to make up.

Kelly: I know, but I just feel like I need to.

Heidi: Well…(pretends to think) it means a whole day of-

Kelly: Tables. And maybe chairs.

Heidi: (laughs) You are so sweet. I love you, you know.

Kelly: I should hope so. I’ve never been happier in my life than when I’m with you.

Heidi: (smiles at her, then leans over and kisses her) Good.
Kelly: But I still want you on the table.

Heidi: Now?

Kelly: Uh huh. (gets up off the bed) Come on, it might be fun.

Heidi: Painful, more likely. (she gets out of the bed and Kelly grabs her arm and drags her downstairs)

Evanescence
Bring Me To Life

Scene: Marcus has just been released from prison, having served his time. A policeman is escorting him to the gate. He opens it.

Marcus: (rubs his hands together in glee) Sure is good to be out in the open again, hey Geoff?

Geoff: Just try to stay outta trouble, okay?

Marcus: Yeah, sure thing, buddy. (he walks out of the gate and turns to Geoff) Thanks a lot, mate.

Geoff: Hmph. (he turns and walks away, shaking his head)

Marcus: So long, dickhead. (he runs off down the road.

Scene: Ophanage. Kate is standing outside Mrs. Turners office, who is on the phone. Kate is listening to the conversation.

Mrs. Turner: Yes, Mr. Lang, she’s fine…no, nothing that I know of…well, she does still insist on being called Andrea, but you know I don’t do that-yes, I’m quite sure..she is? I’ll make sure to keep a close eye on her for you then, Mr. Lang, sir, although that may prove difficult. Oh, she’s just being difficult…it happens sometimes…how would you stop that? Well, I don’t really know…what if we let a foster family take care of her? No, I’m not saying-it may take her mind off things. I think it might work…pardon? No? Okay, I’ll just have everyone watch her more closely than usual. Nice to talk to you again. Bye. (she hangs up and walks out of her office. She jumps when she sees Kate) My goodness, Miss Taylor, what are doing here?

Kate: I wanted to talk to you.

Mrs. Turner: Later. I have business to attend to. (she turns away)

Kate: Why won’t you let Andrea out of her room?

Mrs. Turner: You know why.

Kate: Judging by your phone conversation, I’d say that’s not it.
Mrs. Turner: You know nothing about nothing, do you hear me? (she points a finger at Kate) If you say anything about this to anyone, I will have you sent out on the street. Understand?

Kate: Why are you all trying to keep it a secret when she knows about it?

Mrs. Turner: Not all of it.

Kate: She will soon.

Mrs. Turner: You keep your mouth shut, you little *****.

Kate: She knows the truth already. Just stop denying it. (she turns and walks away)

Mrs. Turner: (calls after her) She doesn’t have the means to get to the truth.

Kate: (calls over her shoulder) She will. (Mrs. Turner watches her walk away, then goes into her office and slams the door)

Scene: Marcus is walking down a busy street. He is showing an old photo of Kelly from a newspaper to people.

(he goes up to a few people and asks them if they know Kelly, and where she lives, but they all shake their heads. He walks down a back street and approaches two teenagers and shows them the photo)

Marcus: Know where she lives?

Girl 1: (sniggering) How old is that photo? That hair is so outta fashion.

Marcus: Okay, so she’s gonna be a bit older now, but hey, it’s the only basted photo of the ***** I got. Now, do you or do you not know where she lives?

Girl 1: No idea.

Girl 2: (studies the photo) I’ve about this girl in the paper the other day. (looks at Marcus) You look familiar.

Girl 1: You do too. Your that guy who-

Marcus: That’s right, honey, and this is your unlucky day. (both girls try to run away from him but he grabs them and punches them both in the face. They fall to the ground and scream. They try to crawl away but Marcus grabs a stick and snaps it in half, then stabs each girl in the chest with the stick. Marcus drags them into the bushes and covers them up with leaves. He sets off down the road again. He is a fair way down the road when he realizes he has a lost the photo of Kelly)

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 11:24 PM
Evanescence
Bring Me To Life

Scene: Kelly’s home, 5 days later. They have both gotten out of the shower. They are in the bedroom, with towels wrapped around them.

Heidi: Kel?

Kelly: Yeah?

Heidi: Do you think we should have kids sometime down the track?

Kelly: I don’t know. (she thinks) I’ve never really thought about it.

Heidi: Will you give it some thought, now that I’ve mentioned it?

Kelly: (nods) I will.

Heidi: Great. (she kisses Kelly. Kelly kisses her back, then breaks away from her and begins to kiss Heidi’s neck. Heidi eyes open slowly. She looks happily up at the ceiling and smiles. She sees something in the air vent and stops. Kelly pulls away and looks at her)

Kelly: Something wrong?

Heidi: Up there. (she points to the air vent. A small black object is attached to it) Look.

Kelly: (looks) What is it? (she squints at it)

Heidi: I think…(she grabs Kelly and makes her stand in front of her) I want you to do something for me. Stay there. (she moves away from her) It’s a camera.

Kelly: Are you crazy? It can’t be.

Heidi: (watching the camera carefully) Now move toward me slowly.

Heidi: (snapping) Just do it!

Kelly: Okay. (she does. The camera follows her)

Heidi: Just as I thought.

Kelly: (looking at the camera) Why would anyone put a camera in our room?

Cut to Tom. He is watching Kelly and Heidi on a TV sceen he has connected the camera up to.

Cut back to Kelly and Heidi.

Heidi: I have no idea, but it won’t be here for long. (she drags a chair over and places it underneath the air vent, then climbs up on the chair and rips the camera away. She flings it on the floor and it breaks)

Cut to Tom.

Tom: Shit!

Cut back to Kelly and Heidi.

Heidi: I’m gonna call the police. (she puts her hands on her hips and looks at the smashed camera) What kind of sick bastard would do something like this?

Kelly: A perverted son of a ***** who gets off from watching us ****, that’s who.

Heidi: Oh God, I feel sick.

Kelly: So do I. Our privacy has been invaded.

Heidi: How did anyone even get in the house? That’s a pretty state of the art camera there. We lock the doors when we go out. I don’t understand.

Kelly: Maybe someone else has a key?

Heidi: Nobody has a key to this place except us.

Kelly: Well how come there is a camera in our house, on the floor right now? Someone put it there.

Heidi: We’d better check to see if there are anymore.

Kelly: The police can do it.

Heidi: No, I want to. Come on. (she walks out into the hall. Kelly follows) Right, I’ll look up here, you go check downstairs.

Kelly: Okay. (she is shaking as she walks downstairs. She goes into the kitchen first and looks around, but sees nothing, so she goes into the living room. The TV is on. She sees nothing out of the ordinary and is about to leave the room when the TV catches her eye. A picture of Marcus flashes on screen. Kelly stares at it. She has a vision of her dream. A man is pinning her down and attacking her. His face is blurred, then slowly comes into focus as Marcus. Kelly jumps, and looks at the screen. Marcus is still there. She screams)

(Cut to Heidi. She is checking the bathroom when she hears Kelly scream. She runs out of the room and downstairs into the living room. Kelly is sitting on the floor, crying)

Heidi: What happened? (she sits down beside her and puts her arms around her. Kelly is shaking) Your shaking. What’s wrong? Did you find another-

Kelly: (shaking her head) No.

Heidi: Then what?

Kelly: (whispering) I saw him.

Heidi: Who?

Kelly: The man in my dreams. I saw him.

Heidi: Where did you see him? There’s no one here.

Kelly: On the TV.

Heidi: The TV? (she looks, but Marcus is off the sceen) Who is he?

Kelly: I don’t know I don’t know I don’t know. I think he just got let out of prison or something. I didn’t really hear what was said.

Heidi: How can a guy in prison rape you? Maybe you only think that. It’s understandable that you’d want to get rid of those dreams your having. You probably want to believe it was anyone, just to get rid of them.

Kelly: (yelling) It’s not that. It was him, okay? I know it was.

Heidi: How? It’s impossible, and you know it.

Kelly: It’s not! You just don’t understand. I thought you would’ve been more supportive of me. (she gets up)

Heidi: Where are you going?

Kelly: Upstairs. (she hurries up the stairs. Heidi stares after her, then turns and goes to the front door. She opens it and leaves the house, slamming the door behind her)

(Cut to Kelly. She goes into the bedroom and slams the door, and throws herself on the bed and cries. She keeps seeing Marcus. She gets off the bed and races downstairs into the kitchen. She looks in all the cupboards until she finds a half full bottle of whiskey? She takes it upstairs with her and goes into the bathroom, and looks in the medicine chest. She grabs 3 packets of sleeping pills and takes them into the bedroom. She tips them all out on the bed, then opens the bottle and swallows all the pills. She drinks the whole bottle, then lies back on the bed, crying. Eventually her eyes close.)

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 11:24 PM
Evanescence
Bring Me To Life

(Cut to Heidi. She is walking down the street. She passes a jewelry store, and decides to go in. She looks at everything, then buys a necklace for Kelly. She leaves the store, and heads off home. She opens the front door and calls for Kelly, but she doesn’t appear. She starts up the stairs)

(Cut to Kelly. She is lying on the bed, the empty bottle beside her. The pill packets are on the floor. Heidi enters the room, and sees Kelly. She races over to her, and climbs on the bed beside her. She shakes her, but Kelly doesn’t move. Heidi starts crying, then grabs the phone, and dials 000. An operater answers)

Heidi: I want an ambulance right now.
Operater: Just a moment. (Heidi is transferred. Another operater answers)

Operater: What’s the problem?

Heidi: My girlfriends taken a heap of pills, and drunk a whole bottle of…something. I need an ambulance.

Operater: Is she breathing?

Heidi: I don’t think so. (she puts the back of her hand over Kelly’s mouth) No, she’s not. I don’t know how long she’s been like this. I just left the house for an hour to clear my head and I came back and she was…oh God, I think she’s dead. No, she can’t be dead. Just get me an ambo now! (she gives the address and hangs up. She continues to shake Kelly, then tries to resuscitate her)

(Time lapse)

Scene: Hospital. Heidi is sitting beside Kelly’s bedside, holding her hand. There is an IV in Kelly’s arm, and a tube down her throat to help her breath. Other machines are beeping. Heidi is crying silently.

Heidi: Why’d you do it, Kel? (she rests her head beside Kelly’s arm) I love you so much. (Sound of machines beeping and ventilator hissing. Fade out)

Scene: Hospital. The next day. Heidi is walking to the front desk. She has come to see how Kelly is

Heidi: How is she today?

Front desk girl: Who?

Heidi: Oh, I’m sorry. Kelly. Kelly Lang. She came in last night.

Front desk girl: Ok. Just let me check. (she types Kelly’s name in on the computer) She’s doing well. She was taken off the ventilator early this morning.

Heidi: Thank heavens for that.

Front desk girl: I don’t know if she’s awake. The doctor should be to check on her again shortly.

Heidi: Thank you. (she walks down the hall to Kelly’s room, number 602. Kelly is sleeping) Hi Kel. (she sits down beside the bed on a chair) When are you going to wake up? (Kelly moves her head to look at her girlfriend)

Kelly: I woke up last night. How did I get here? The doctor told me I took a lot of pills. I didn’t do that, though. (looks at Heidi) Or did I? I can’t remember.

Heidi: You did. After I left the house. I came back and I found you, on the bed.

Kelly: I’m sorry.

Heidi: You terrified me.

Kelly: I’m sorry.

Heidi: Don’t ever do that again. Next time you might not be so lucky.

Kelly: I know. I don’t what happened. I can’t really remember. I know I felt like shit. That guy…I know him. Heidi, and I don’t care what you think. I was raped by him. I am sure of it. But I don’t know why I’m dreaming about him.

Heidi: Did you dream about him last night?

Kelly: I was too doped up to dream. I had a frigging tube thing down my throat. I was too bust dreaming about being choked by it to dream about some guy.

Heidi: Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Kelly: That tube was scary. You shoulda seen it when the doc pulled it out.

Heidi: I wouldn’t have been able to stomache it.

Kelly: I will never, ever, do this again, Hi hi. I promise.

Heidi: (smiling through her tears) I’m glad to hear it.

Kelly: I’ll punch a pillow or something.

Heidi: Or scream at the top of your lungs.

Kelly: My throats too sore to do that.

Heidi: It’ll get better.

Kelly: Can you make it better? (grins mischiviousley)

Heidi: (whispering) My tongue isn’t that long, I’m afraid. (she and Kelly burst out laughing. Kelly starts coughing. Heidi helps her sit up and rubs her back) Better?

Kelly: (nods) You are sick. (giggles) But funny.

Heidi: You asked for it. (she leans over and kisses Kelly. They stop when the doctor enters the room)

Doctor Lewis: Ahem. (Heidi and Kelly break away from each other and turn to him. They blush) Not disturbing anything, am I? (smiles) Glad to see your feeling better, Kelly. You gave us quite a scare.

Kelly: You’ll never see me again when I go home doctor.

Heidi: Which will be when?

Kelly: (looks at Heidi) Eager to have me home, huh?

Heidi: You betcha.

Doctor Lewis: You can go home this afternoon, if you like. Uness you’d like to stay?

Kelly: No thank you. I’m going home.

Doctor Lewis: Okay then. (turns to leave the room. He reaches the door, and turns back to them)By the way, ladies, if you are going to carry on your little…er…rendevous…close the blinds. It’s good advice. Trust me. (chuckles and leaves the room)

Heidi: Close the blinds, mmm? Okey dokey then. (jumps up from her chair and closes them. She climbs on the bed with Kelly and starts kissing her) I love you Kel.

Kelly: (laughing) We can’t do this here.

Heidi: Yes we can. (kisses kelly’s neck)

Kelly: I’m going home this afternoon. Can’t you wait until then?

Heidi: (sits up and pretends to think) Mmm…(shakes head) Nope. (starts kissing Kelly again. Kelly kisses her back)

Scene: Hospital carpark. Kelly and Heidi are pulling away, on their way home.

Kelly: What are we going to do when we get home? (looks at Heidi)

Heidi: (mysteriously) I wonder…

Kelly: In case you don’t remember, we’ve already done that.

Heidi: Room 602 is very erotic, don’t you think?

Kelly: Are you getting your period?

Heidi: Why?

Kelly: People get all…you know…when they’ve got it.

Heidi: Before they get it, you mean. I’m due on Thursday. Three days is enough time to have some serious fun.

Kelly: Where? (raises an eyebrow at Heidi)

Heidi: In bed. (glances at Kelly) Where else?
Kelly: I might have guessed.

Heidi: You obviously don’t know me as well as you think.

Kelly: Sometimes I wonder. (she clicks on the radio, and listens for a bit) This is crap. Do you have a CD in? (Heidi nods) Good. (she turns the CD on, and music filters throughout the car) Ooh, I love this song. (It is song by the Corrs-Looking In The Eyes Of Love) I’m looking in the eyes of love…beautiful.

Heidi: It is nice, I agree. (she pulls into the driveway. The song continues to play when they walk up to the house and in the door. Heidi close the door and takes Kelly in her arms. They kiss, then the camera shows the floor. Their clothes fall on the floor then the camera shows their feet, racing up the stairs)

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 11:25 PM
Evanescence
Bring Me To Life

Scene: The next day. Orphanage. Andrea and Kate are sitting in a crowded hall, eating their breakfast. Kate is looking at her breakfast with discust. She wrinkles her nose.

Kate: What is this gunk, exactly?

Andrea: I have no idea. I’ve been trying to figure out the answer to that myself.

Kate: And have you?

Andrea: In the sixteen years I’ve been here, not yet.

Kate: I wonder what Mrs Turner eats for breakfast?

Andrea: Pancakes. And Waffles.

Kate: How do you know?

Andrea: I’ve seen her eat them. She eats her breakfast in her office.

Kate: (snorts) Figures. She can’t be stuffed coming to see the muck we have to eat.

Andrea: Even if she did see it, do you think she’s going to give us pancakes and waffles?

Kate: She should.

Andrea: Maybe she’s left her office.

Kate: So what if she has?

Andrea: I feel like a pancake. (looks at Kate) Do you?

Kate: We’ve never eaten pancakes or waffles, ever.

Andrea: Theirs a first time for everything.

Kate: (looks carefully at Andrea) You have got to be kidding. No way, we can NOT do that.

Andrea: (stands up) We can if she’s left that office of hers. Come on.

Kate: Andrea, what if she sees us? (Andrea shrugs) Do you really want to be locked in your room all day again?

Andrea: Not particually, but I’m hungry. Come on, you don’t have to do anything. I’ll get the food, you keep lookout.

Kate: (stands up and sighs) I hope I don’t regret this.

Andrea: You won’t.

Kate: What do I do with this? (she is still holing the bowl containing her inedible breakfast)

Andrea: Give it here. (She takes the bowl from Kate and throws it in the direction of the bin 10 feet away. She misses, and the bowl smashes on the floor) Oops. (she hurries out of the room, Kate following) I’m not a shot, am I?

Kate: I can’t believe you missed.

Andrea: At least we don’t have to clean it up. (Kate follows her to Mrs. Turners office. Andrea peeks in) What do you know, she’s out. (turns to Kate) Stay here, tell me if you see anyone coming. (she goes into Mrs. Turners office and looks around. She looks in the cupboards and drawers. She pulls out a white box, and dumps it on her desk. She opens it. There are waffles and pancakes in it) Yummy. (she closes the box and heads toward the door)

Kate: She’s coming!

Andrea: Shit. (she races to the door but drops the box. Waffles and pancakes fall on the floor. She bends down and shoves them back in the box)

Kate: Hide!

Andrea: (looks around. She throws the rest of the waffles in the box and hides under the desk)

Cut to outside. Mrs Turner walks up to Kate.

Mrs. Turner: What are you doing, Miss Taylor? As far as I know, breakfast isn’t over.

Kate: I’m finished.

Mrs. Turner: (looks around) Where’s Nicole?

Kate: You mean Andrea?
Mrs. Turner: Don’t start this again.

Kate: Call her by her real name and I won’t start it again.

Mrs. Turner: Do you remember what I said to you last time you stuck your nose into something that didn’t concern you? I said I would have you thrown out. Do you want that?

Kate: No, but-

Mrs. Turner: No more. (she goes into her office and sits down at her desk)

(Cut to Andrea. She has opened the box of waffles and pancakes)

(Cut back to Mrs. Turner. She is looking in the drawers for her breakfast)

(Cut back to Andrea. She is eating a pancake)

(Cut to Mrs. Turner. She gets off her chair and leaves the room)

(Cut to Andrea. She crawls out from under the desk and runs with the box, out of the room and down the hall to where Kate is waiting for her)

Kate: She nearly caught you, you know.

Andrea: But she didn’t. (offers the box to Kate) Waffle?

Kate: Thank you. (she takes one and takes a bite) They’re nice.

Andrea: I know.

(Andrea and Kate run down the hall to Kate’s room. The door slams as they enter)

Evanescence
Bring Me To Life

Scene: Downtown. Marcus is walking the streets. He walks past the road where he murdered the two young girls. The police and ambulance are there. They have found the bodies. He watches the police. One policeman looks up and sees him. The policeman recognizes Marcus, and puts two and two together, realizing that Marcus is the killer. The policeman says something to his partner, who looks up. Marcus runs off, the policemen chase him, but Marcus manages to get away. The two policemen go back to the crime scene.

Policeman 1: Least now we know who we’re lookin’ for.

Policeman 2: We can’t be sure just yet.

Policeman 1: He did it. I know he did. And when I get my hands on him, I’m gonna blow his ****in’ head off.

Scene: Orphanage. Andrea and Kate are sitting in Mrs. Turners office. Mrs. Turner is glaring at them.

Mrs. Turner: I will ask you one more time, Nicole, did you-

Andrea: No I damn well did not, Miss. There is no one called Nicole in this joint.

Kate: It must have been the fairies.

Mrs. Turner: I have had it up to here with your stupid antics. Anymore rot from either of you and you’ll be out on the streets. Do you understand?

Kate: (looks at the floor) Yes Miss.

Andrea: At least the pancakes we’ll buy on the street will taste better than the crap you had this morning.

Mrs. Turner: That’s enough. (she stands up) Get out of here, both of you. Tomorrow your both on gardening duty.

Kate: Oh, Miss Turner…

Andrea: I don’t like getting my knees dirty, thank you very much.

Mrs. Turner: Too bad. You should have thought of that before you decided to eat my breakfast.

Andrea: It never was yours, Miss, it was ours.

Mrs. Turner: Get out of my office. (yelling) Both of you! You’ll be woken up at 6.00am, and be put to work in the gardens before you eat breakfast.

Andrea: (stands up) Do we get pancakes for all our hard work?

(Mrs. Turner picks up a stack of papers and throws them at Andrea and Kate, who quickly run out of the office and down the hall to Andrea’s room)

Kate: Good on you. You just got us working all day tomorrow. Thanks a lot.

Andrea: Oh come on. Do you really think I’m going to spend my morning pulling up a few weeds?

Kate: You heard what she said.

Andrea: I’ve gone temperarilly deaf. I didn’t hear her.

Kate: You are going to get in so much trouble.

Andrea: (sits on her bed) I want her to kick me out. Why do think I’ve been driving her nuts? Because I like being locked in my room all day? When I get out of here, I’m going to find my mum. The only way I can get out of here is if she kicks me out. And that’s what I am trying to make her do.

Kate: (joins Andrea on the bed) I think your doing all this for nothing.

Andrea: What do you mean?

Kate: Mrs. Turner’s not an idiot. I’ll bet she knows what your trying to do. She’s going to let you drive her nuts, and all she’s gonna do is make you pull weeds, or scrub floors or whatever. She’s not going to kick you out. She knows that it’s what you want, and you know Mrs. Turner. She never gives any of us what we want.

Andrea: (sighs) Do you always have to be right? I thought I was getting somewhere with her.

Kate: I’m sorry.

Andrea: There has got to be another way.

Kate: You could wait two years, till your eighteen. She has to let you out then.

Andrea: You think? That *****’ll have some bastard foster family take care of me. I’l spend the rest of my life locked in someone’s basement.

Kate: I don’t think there’s anything else you can do.

Andrea: Unless I go crazy and they lock me up in a mental institute. (looks at Kate)

Kate: (shakes her head) Oh no. Uh uh. You have got be kidding.

Andrea: It’s worth a try.

Kate: I’m not helping you do anything crazy, Andy. (stands up) Your on your own.

Andrea: Some friend you are.

Kate: Don’t start that, please.

Andrea: Why? Because I make you feel guilty?

Kate: Yes.

Andrea: I want you to help me get out of here.

Kate: I am not watching you pretend to go completely psychotic. I have an immortal fear of strait-jackets.

Andrea: I don’t care what I’m carried away wearing, as long as I’m out of this place.
Kate: (yelling) And then what do you do when your in the psycho center? You can’t just say, ‘Oh gee, I feel better now. Can I go home?’ It doesn’t work that way.

Andrea: (quietly) I thought I’d worry about getting out of the loony bin later.

Kate: Forget it.

Andrea: You can’t not help me!

Kate: Go jump a fence, Andrea. (she walks toward the door)

Andrea: (murmering) Go jump a fence…(she jumps up) Oh my God, Kate, you’re a genious!

Kate: (sticks her head in the door) I am?

Andrea: Go jump the fence! I can climb the fence! I can get out! (she throws her arms around Kate and hugs her) I would never have thought of that. Thank you so much.

Kate: It looks like you should make me angry more often.

Andrea: Only when I need help. Now, (sits down on the bed. Kate joins her) this is what we’re going to do.

Evanescence
Bring Me To Life

Scene: Private Investigator’s Office. Marcus is there, speaking to a woman at the front desk.

Marcus: I want to speak to someone right now.

Woman: Take a seat over there, please. (gestures to a row of seats just beside her desk) Someone will be with you shortly. Can I take your name?

Marcus: No, you can not take my name. I want to speak to someone right away.

Woman: I’m sorry, sir, but you came here without an appointment. You will have to wait your turn.

Marcus: (menacingly) I don’t give two shits what ‘everyone else’ is here for. That little brat (gestures to a teenage girl standing in the corner) is probably just waiting to track down deadbeat dad to come see high school graduation. And that ugly whore (waves to a thirty something woman holding a baby) is most likely just here looking for child support. I have more important things than that to see you people about. I also have some very important business to attend to. So if you could please get off your fat ass and let me see someone it would be greatly appreciated. (the woman picks up the phone on her desk and asks for security. Marcus grabs the phone from her, and throws it against the wall. He leaves)

Scene: Kelly and Heidi’s house. The next day. They are lying in bed together. Heidi has her arms wrapped around Kelly, who’s head is resting on Heidi’s chest.

Kelly: I love you, Hi hi.

Heidi: Just don’t scare me again.

Kelly: If it means being treated like a queen, then…

Heidi: Next time I won’t be so forgiving.

Kelly: Don’t worry, I’m not going to do anything like that again. I’ve learned my lesson.

Heidi: I certainly hope so.

Scene: Orphanage. Andrea and Kate are outside behind the main building. They are looking up at the fence.

Kate: How are you possibly gonna climb that thing, Andy? It’s gotta be at least 12 feet high.

Andrea: I’m a good climber. I’ll get over that thing easily enough. But when?

Kate: It’ll have to be when we’re outside. It’s the only time Mrs. Turner doesn’t follow us around.

Andrea: And she locks the doors at night.

Kate: That too.

Andrea: What I haven’t figured out yet, is how do I get over this stupid fence without being caught? There are people around, you know.

Kate: I’ll distract you as best I can.

Andrea: Well, make sure you do a good job, cause I don’t wanna be hauled back in this place.

Kate: You could go climb over it and leave right now. No one’s around to see you.

Andrea: No…next week. I want to stay with you a bit longer.

Kate: So I have time to prepare for your leaving me, huh? That it?

Andrea: You betcha. (Kate grins, and Andrea puts her arms around her friend and hugs her) I’m gonna miss you, you know.

Kate: Well, you’re not gone yet. So at least I get time to get used to the idea of my best friend leaving me here all alone.

Andrea: You can take all the shit from Mrs. Turner for me.

Kate: (groans) Don’t say that, or I might just force you to stay.

Andrea: You know I won’t stay. I have to go.

Kate: I hope you find her.

Andrea: Me too.

Scene: Kelly and Heidi’s place. Later that afternoon. Kelly is reading the paper, Heidi has one arm around Kelly’s waist, the other is underneath her dress. Kelly looks more closely at the front page and gasps. Heidi looks at her.

Heidi: What’s wrong, Kel?

Kelly: Did you see this? (waves the paper at Heidi, who grabs it and looks at it)

Heidi: What were you looking at? (flips through the pages)

Kelly: This. (snatches the paper from her girlfriend and points to the front page. There is a story about the murder of two girls, their photos are on the cover. They are the two girls Marcus killed. There is a photo of Marcus father down the page and a photo of younger Kelly. It is the same photo Marcus lost)

Heidi: Oh my God…let me read this…is this the guy in your dream? (stabs a finger at the picture of Marcus)

Kelly: Yes, and he’s the same guy that was on the news the other week. Remember?

Heidi: How could I forget? (scans the article) It say’s that this guys been named the main suspect in their murder. How could that be, when he was released…when? (looks at Kelly)

Kelly: I think maybe last week or something. I can’t remember when. He probably killed them a few days after he got out.

Heidi: (muttering) The sick bastard. He’ll be lying low for awhile, now that the cops are on to him. (looks closely at the picture of younger Kelly) Is that you?

Kelly: It is.

Heidi: You were so adorable back then.

Kelly: Ahem.

Heidi: (looks at Kelly. Kelly’s eyebrows are raised questioningly) I still think you’re adorable now, darlin’ (gives Kelly a kiss)

Kelly: I hope so.

Heidi: It says that your photo was found near the crime scene.

Kelly: It was? Let me see. (she looks at the paper over Heidi’s shoulder, while Heidi reads)

Heidi: Umm…let’s see…this photo was found at the crime scene…Kelly Lang, one of Harrington’s many rape victims may be in immediate danger…oh shit…is urged to contact police straight away so they can safeguard her protection. Oh my God. (sits down) I don’t believe this.

Kelly: My last name isn’t Lang anymore, remember? It’s Matthews.

Heidi: Not officially. You still use your last name when you sign a cheque.

Kelly: I’ll be fine. I have you to protect me.

Heidi: (looks at Kelly strangly) Okay, what’s up?

Kelly: What?

Heidi: Why aren’t you running around the house like a mad thing screaming and shouting help me Heidi save me what’s up with that huh?

Kelly: I guess I’m moving on. I relies he can’t hurt me. He doesn’t know where I live. I’m safe here, and I haven’t dreamed about him for a week.

Heidi: Big improvement.

Kelly: No, actually, you do keep me awake all night, you know. I never get a chance to sleep.

Heidi: I’m not the only one who keeps you awake. See the circles under my eyes?

Kelly: You keep yourself awake, honey. (Heidi puts her arms around Kelly and kisses her)

Heidi: Speaking of awake…

Kelly: (looks at Heidi and laughs) You never quit, do you?

Heidi: (pretends to think) Mmm…no. not when I have the most gorgeous woman in the world to keep me satisfied.

Kelly: Just so long we stay away form the bathroom floor. My back hurt for two days last time. I did not enjoy it.

Heidi: Me nither. The bed sounds good this time.

Kelly: But I only just made it.

Heidi: You should know not to.

Kelly: Why? Because where always in it? (giggles)

Heidi: Yup. Come on. (takes Kelly’s hand and leads her out of the room)

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 11:26 PM
Evanescence
Bring Me To Life

Scene: Orphanage. School room. Andrea and Kate are sitting at their desks, passing notes to each other. Mrs. Turner glares at them.

Mrs. Turner: Something you want to share with the class, girls? (the rest of the class turns to look at them)

Andrea: (glaring at everyone) What the heck are you all looking at?

Kate: Don’t you have anything better to do? (the class turn around and face the front)

Mrs. Turner: If you girls can’t keep quiet, you can leave.

Andrea: (muttering) I will be soon, don’t you worry about that, miss.

Mrs. Turner: Something you wish to share with us, Nicole?

Andrea: I don’t know anyone named Nicole.

Mrs. Turner: If you want to create mischief, Nicole, you can do so in your room. With the door closed. (looks warningly at Andrea)

Andrea: Closed, but not locked.

Mrs. Turner: (throws down the book she is holding) Right. (points to the door) Out. Now. (shouting) Get out of my class.

Andrea: (stands up) No need to be so agro, Miss.

Mrs. Turner: (voice quivering) Out. Don’t make me drag you out.

Andrea: Don’t worry, I’m not that desperate. (looks at Kate, who nods, and stands up and knocks her desk over)

Mrs. Turner: Both of you, get out of her right now! I don’t care where you go, just get out of here. I’m sick of the sight of you.

Kate: (gathering her things) Which one of us? (walks to the front of the class)

Andrea: (looks Mrs. Turner up and down) You’re not too crash hot yourself, you know. (she ducks to avoid Mrs. Turners hand. She turns to face the class) See ya everybody! Come on Kate. (drags her out of the room)

Kate: Uh, okay. Bye! (waves cheerily)

Cut to Andrea and Kate beside the fence.

Andrea: I guess this is it then.

Kate: Except for one small thing.

Andrea: (looks confused) And what might that be?

Kate: You don’t know where she lives.

Andrea: Who?

Kate: Your mum.

Andrea: Yes I do. 124 Spencer Avenue.

Kate: How did you know that?

Andrea: (shrugs) I’ve always known it. Don’t ask me how. I just now that it’s right. But I don’t know where Spencer Avenue is. It could be hours away.

Kate: Maybe not.

Andrea: What do you mean?

Kate: Look. (points to a signpost over the road. It reads Spencer Avenue)

Andrea: Do you think…

Kate: You can only hope.

Andrea: (jumping up and down) How do I look?

Kate: Like a girl going to meet her mum.

Andrea: Is that a good thing?

Kate: Yes, it is. You look fine.

Andrea: I feel sorry for you, though.

Kate: Why?

Andrea: Mrs. Turners going to know that you know where I’ve gone.
Kate: I’m not saying anything. My lips are sealed.

Andrea: Good. (wraps her arm around Kate) I’m going to miss you so much.

Kate: I’ll miss you too. Will you come to visit sometime?

Andrea: If I can.

Kate: I love you, Andy.

Andrea: Love you too, Katie. (kisses Kate on the mouth) Be careful.

Kate: You too. (watches Andrea scale the fence, and drop down on the other side) Bye.

Andrea: Bye. (she starts across the street. A car beeps its horn at her. She runs over to the other side of the road, down the street, and stops in front of house number 124)

Cut back to Kate. She watches Andrea run across the street. She hears a voice and turns around. It is Mrs. Turner.

Mrs. Turner: What do you think you’re doing?

Kate: (looks back at the road. Andrea has gone) Oh, nothing.

Mrs. Turner: (looks suspiciously at Kate) Where is Nicole? (Kate shrugs) Well?

Kate: I think she went to the toilet.

Mrs. Turner: Well, tell her I wish to see her in my office in ten minutes.

Kate: Yes miss.

Mrs. Turner: See that you do. (she turns and walks away)

Kate: (looks back at the road. Murmuring) This sucks already.

Scene: Kelly and Heidi’s place. Kelly is stirring something in a pot on the stove. Heidi is sitting on the kitchen table, swinging her legs.

Heidi: So how bout it?

Kelly: (sighs) Hi…(turns the heat down on the stove and turns to face Heidi) IVF is pretty expensive, you know. Do we even have that kind of money?

Heidi: I have a bit stashed away.

Kelly: (takes a deep breath) I just don’t know. Would we be able to do something like this? Is it allowed? For people like-like us?

Heidi: You mean lesbians?

Kelly: Well, yeah. Isn’t there a law that prevents us from having kids?

Heidi: Maybe we could find a donor? You know, have it delivered to us in a Petri dish.

Kelly: You have got to be kidding. (turns back to the pot on the stove)

Heidi: I’m not. I’ve read about it on the net. You put an advertisement in the paper, then people are supposed to…well, men, anyway, they ring you up and say they’ll give you some of their wrigglies, then you give the guy our address, he tugs and pulls the chain, then-

Kelly: (holds up a hand) Okay, okay. Spare me the gross details. Then they bring it to our house and then what happens?

Heidi: That’s the fun part. (grins)

Kelly: (rolls her eyes) I won’t even describe what I’m thinking.

Heidi: Well?

Kelly: What?

Heidi: Can I place the ad?

Kelly: I suppose so. As long as you collect all the Petri dishes that may just pile up in our mailbox.

Heidi: Done. (she jumps off the table and wraps her arms around Kelly) I love you, Kel.

Kelly: Love you too, Hi.

Soon, one of your faves will be murdered...

Evanescence
Bring Me To Life

Scene: Spencer Avenue. Andrea looks up at the house. The number 124 is written beside the front door. She takes a deep breath and walks up the path, and up two steps. She stands in front of the door and rings the doorbell. There is no answer, so she rings it again. Once more, there is no answer. She turns and sits down against the door. Andrea sees a piece of paper taped to the bricks. She stands up and pulls it off and reads it. The note says that Kelly and Heidi are on vacation at their holiday home. The address is 666 McCleod’s Street, -----------, LA. It says they will be back on the 27th of March. She folds up the paper and puts it in her pocket. She walks down the steps, and path, and stops on the pavement. He looks both ways, deciding which way to go. She takes a step toward the orphanage. She can see it from where she stands. She stops, then turns, and runs the other way.

Scene: Library. Marcus is going through some records he has found-a record of Kelly’s rape, and his imprisionment. A staff member approaches. He gives his name as Cameron.

Cameron: May I help you in any way, Sir?

Marcus: Do you have anything else on her? (points to a picture of a young Kelly. It is the same picture he lost)

Cameron: (looks closely at the picture) Is she a relative?

Marcus: No. Why do you ask?

Cameron: You’re the second person today to come in and enquire about her, that’s all. It seemed a little out of the ordinary.

Marcus: Who else was here?

Cameron: He didn’t give his name, but I do remember that he looked fairly distinguished-well dressed, impeccably groomed…

Marcus: Spare me. If he comes in here again, I want you to call me. (takes a piece of paper off the table and writes his number on it) Here’s my number. (hands the paper to Cameron, who looks at it) As soon as you see him, call me. I’ll be here in 10.

Cameron: What if he tries to leave?

Marcus: Stall him.

Cameron: (protesting) But I can’t do that.

Marcus: Tell him how “distinguished” he looks in his “impeccably groomed” business suit. (puts his hand into hiscoat pocket and pulls out a wad of cash. He looks around) Now, Cam, my friend, you will be (shoves the cash into Cameron’s hands) greatly rewarded for your troubles. (Cameron looks after him, then down at the cash in his hands. He looks around, then discreetly shoves the money into his pockets)

Scene: Orphanage. Tom is standing in Mrs. Turners office. Mrs. Turner is sitting in her chair, Kate is sitting oppisette.

Mrs. Turner: I will ask you one more time. Where is Nicole?

Kate: I-don’t-know.

Tom: (bangs his fist down on the table and yells) Where is my grandchild?

Kate: I told you, I don’t know, and even if I did, I wouldn’t tell you.

Mrs. Turner: You two are inseperable. If Nicole-

Kate: Andrea. (stands up and shouts) Andrea, Andrea, Andrea! Stop trying to hide the truth from her, because she already knows. (sits down)

Mrs. Turner: Fine. If Nic-Andrea were to go anywhere, you would be the first person she would tell. I know that you know where she is, and I want to know of her whereabouts this instant.

Kate: (stands up) I’m not going to waste my time here. I have nothing to say.

Tom: (grabs Kate’s arm and shakes her) You’d better tell me where she is or I’ll-

Kate: What? You’ll kill me like you killed her grandmother? Throw her down the stairs?

Tom: How did you know about that?

Kate: Andy knows quite a lot. She’s told me a few things. She knows a lot more than you think.

Mrs. Turner: (looks at Tom) What is she talking about?

Tom: She can’t know anything. It’s impossible. (turns to Mrs. Turner) She hasn’t left the grounds, has she?

Mrs. Turner: She has never been out of these premises since you brought her to us.

Kate: (under her breath) That explains her lack of road safety.

Tom: (confidently) See? She knows nothing. (looks at Kate) I’d advise you to tell me where she is.

Kate: I’m not telling you anything.

Mrs. Turner: If you refuse to tell us of Miss Langs whereabouts, I will have you thrown out onto the streets.

Kate: (surprised) Lang? Is that her last name? She’s never known that, although, considering what she already does know, I’d think she’d know that, too.

Mrs. Turner: (holds a hand to her forehead) God help me. (takes her hand away) Will you tell us, or do I throw you out?

Kate: I guess you throw me out.

Mrs. Turner: Fine. Tom, would you do the honours?

Tom: Be glad to. (he grabs Kate’s arm again, and drags her out of the room. Kate struggles, but can’t break free)

Cut to outside the orphanage. Tom is still dragging Kate along)

Kate: What are you doing? Let me go! (tries to pull away)

Tom: You’re not going anywhere. (he drags her down the road and around a corner. There is a dirt road, and lots of trees. No one is around. He lets go of Kate)

Kate: (looks around) Where are we?

Tom: Somewhere where we can’t be seen.

Kate: In your case, maybe, but I think it’s fair to say that I’m the cute one here. (turns and starts to walk away)

Tom: Didn’t you hear me? (shoves Kate in the back. She falls to the ground) You’re not going anywhere, until you tell me where she is.

Kategets to her feet) I’m not going to let you hurt her.

Tom: (menacingly) Would you rather I hurt you? (takes a pocket knife from his breast pocket. He pulls out the blade. It glints against the sun. He shows it to Kate)

Kate: No, I mean, I- (turns and runs. Tom races after her. He pulls her to the ground and stabs her in the stomach. Kate screams, and her hands clasp her belly)

Tom: I would start talking if I were I. Before it’s too late, if you know what I mean.

Kate: (gasping) I will never tell you anything.

Tom: Pity. (he stabs her again, this time in her chest. Kate screams again and starts coughing. She has trouble breathing) If you tell me where she is, I’ll have an ambulance here in five minutes. You can still live, you know. Do you really want your life to end here, (gestures around) of all places?

Kate: (choking) You’ll…never…find her.

Tom: Oh, yes, I will. With or without your help. (he puts the knife to Kate’s neck and presses down, then draws the blade toward him, slitting Kate’s throat. Kate is still, her eyes staring blankly ahead at nothing. Tom stands up, closes the knife, puts it back in his pocket, and walks off down the road. He whistles with his hands in his pockets)

Evanescence
Bring Me To Life

Scene: On the streets. Andrea is showing people the note with Kelly and Heidi’s address on it.

Andrea: (shows the paper to an elderly man) Do you know where this place is? (the old lady sniffs and walks on. Andrea stares at her, then goes up to a group of middle aged women) Do you know where this place is? (shows them the paper. A woman takes it from her)

Woman: That’s a fair distance from here, love. Got your walking shoes on?

Andrea: How far?

Woman: (gives the paper back to her) A long way. You’d better get a taxi.

Andrea: What’s that?

Woman: (looks strangely at Andrea) You don’t know what a taxi is? (Andrea shakes her head) Where have you been?

Andrea: In an orphanage.

Woman: Oh. (the woman’s friends call to her and she looks at them) I have to go, sorry. (she hurries after them)

Andrea: (murmuring) Taxi…(looks up. She sees a man across the street raise his hand at an approaching yellow car. The car stops, and the man gets in) Maybe that’s a taxi…(she sees a yellow car coming and raises her hand. The car drives on by. It is not a taxi. She sees another car coming toward her, and raises her hand. The car pulls to a stop, and she opens the door and gets in)

Taxi Driver: Hey, cutey pie.

Andrea: (looks at the taxi driver. He is middle aged, with graying hair. He has a sleazy look about him) Hi, um…(hands him the note with the address on it) Can you take me here?

Taxi Driver: (takes the paper and looks at it. He whistles) It’s gonna cost yer.

Andrea: What will?

Taxi Driver: (looks at Andrea) What der yer mean, what will? Got any cash on yer? (Andrea shakes her head) Well then, aint goin’ nowhere then.

Andrea: But I have to get there!

Taxi Driver: What’s so special about it?

Andrea: My mum lives there.

Taxi Driver: Yeah, right.

Andrea: She does, and I want to see her. I’ve never seen her before. This is very important to me, Mister.

Taxi Driver: Why?

Andrea: Because she’s my mum!!!

Taxi Driver: Yer ain’t got any cash.

Andrea: (begging) Please, sir, I’ll do anything, just take me there.

Taxi Driver: (looks at her) Anything, huh? (Andrea nods) If I take yer there, we gotta make a little stop on the way there, if yer know what I mean. Do yer? (looks at Andrea. Andrea shakes her head) Not too bright, are yer?

Andrea: Maybe not, sir, but I’d do anything to see my mum.

Taxi Driver: Fair enough. (he leans back in his seat. He takes a cigarette from his pocket, and lights it. He offers it to Andrea, who shakes her head. He takes a long draw on it, and looks out the window. Finally, he turns back to her) Here’s how it is. I know a cheap motel not far from here…can get it for free…mate of mine owes me a favour, yer know? I’ll take yer there, then we could…get a little better…(puts his hand on Andrea’s thigh and rubs it) aquainted, yer know?

Andrea: (gulps, then whispers) I’ll do anything, just take me there.

Taxi Driver: Done. (he puts the car into gear, and speeds off)

Scene: A dingy part of town. There is what looks like a very cheap motel on the oppisette side of the road. Paint is peeling from it, windows are broken. A sign outside says ‘Vaccancy’s’

Taxi Driver: Looks like there’s a room for us in there, darlin’ (rubs his hand against Andrea’s thigh. Andrea gulps) Come on, sweetheart. (opens his door and hets out. Andrea reluctantly follows. She follows him across the street and inside the shabby building. A man is sitting at a desk. He is watching a porno film, the sound turned up)

Man at desk: Hi there, Paul. (gestures to Andrea) Who’s the chick?

Paul: Dunno her name. Don’t need ta know, either, just wanna room, if ya know what I mean.

Man at desk: I do. Let me see…(rummages in a desk, and pulls out a set of keys. He takes one off a chain and hands it to Paul) Here. Number 69.

Paul: (takes the key and jangles it front of Andrea) Good number, hey love? (Andrea shrugs) Come on. (he takes her arm and leads her down the hall, up a flight of stairs to a door that has the number 69 on it. He unlocks it, and ushers Andrea in) Get yerself comfortable, darlin’. Sooner we get this over with, sooner we can be on our way.

Andrea: What do have to do? (sits down on the end of the bed)

Paul: You just have to lie there. I’ll do the work. And believe me, I think I just might enjoy it. (looks at her strangly) Yer ain’t a virgin, are yer?

Andrea: Uh huh.

Paul: (thinks for a second) Well, I might just enjoy yer then, hey?

Andrea: I dunno.

Paul: (sighs) Never mind. Lets just get this over with. I’m kinda lookin’ forward to it. Yer a good lookin’ kid, ya know that?

Andrea: I am?

Paul: Enough with the questions. Now lie back. (Andrea lies back on the end of the bed, her legs dangling over the edge) That’s right, just like that. Now hold still. (he pulls Andrea’s dress up. She hears him unzipping his fly, and she cringes and shakes. He rests himself heavily on her. He breathes heavily, and Andrea turns her head to the side. His hands grope her body, then he groans and Andrea winces. Tears come from her eyes. He moves on her for a minute or two, then gets off her and walks into the bathroom. Andrea sits up, and brushes away her tears. She looks down at the bed and sees a dark red stain there. She jumps up and feels the back of her dress. It is damp with blood. She sits down on the bed and waits for Paul to come back. Paul comes out of the bathroom. Andrea stands up. She winces again)

Andrea: (softly through her tears) Do you have a spare set of clothes?

Paul: Why?

Andrea: I’m bleeding. (she turns around and shows him the back of her dress)

Paul: (whistles) Geez, I knew you were tight, I just didn’t figure how much. Feel like a woman now, love? (he looks her up and down)

Andrea: I hurt. (looks at Paul) You never told me it would hurt.

Paul: (chuckles) You ain’t very much educated, are yer?

Andrea: You must have something for me to wear. I can’t very well go anywhere with this, can I? (looks down at herself)

Paul: Why? No one’ll see ya.

Andrea: (begging) Please, mister?

Paul: Alright. But don’t look at me, yer gotta ask Jim out there.

Andrea: Who’s he?

Paul: The guy at the desk.

Andrea: Can you please ask him for me?

Paul: Bloody hell, do I have to do everything around here? (glares at Andrea)

Andrea: (looks at the floor) I’m sorry.

Paul: Yer should be. Alright, I’ll go and see if Jim’s got somethin’ for yer. Don’t go anywhere, okay? If yer do, I might ask another favour of yer-you can find out what this number means. (waves the key with the number 69 on it in front of her)

Andrea: I’ll stay here, I promise.

Paul: See to it that yer do. (he leaves the room. Andrea sits down on the bed and waits for him to come back. A few minutes later he returns, and throws an old pair of trousers at her. They are a tan colored corduroy) Put these on, and hurry up. We gotta go.

Andrea: Do I have time for a shower?

Paul: What you need a shower for?

Andrea: (gestures to the back of her dress) I don’t want to be uncomfortable.

Paul: I don’t care how comfortable you wanna be. You ain’t havin’ no shower. Now get dressed, or I’ll leave you here.

Andrea: Don’t leave me, I’ll get dressed. (she gets up and walks to the bathroom)

Paul: Where you goin’?

Andrea: (looks back at him) To get dressed.

Paul: Hmph. Don’t take too long now.

Andrea: (softly) I won’t. (she goes in and closes the door. A few minutes later she emerges wearing the trousers. They are at least three sizes too big for her. She has found some string in the bathroom and tied them up so they don’t fall down) I’m ready.

Paul: Good. Let’s go. (walks out the door. Andrea follows him. She leaves her dress neatly folded on the bed)

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 11:27 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Wow! People writing LONG stuff! Now THAT is extraordinary! Usually things come in short bursts...

Good job pal! smile

Old Post Sep 13th, 2003 02:15 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evanescence
Bring Me To Life

Here's what I just wrote.

Scene: Kelly and Heidi’s place. They are lounging about on the sofa.

Heidi: (turning to Kelly) You know, Kel, we’ve been together for 3 years now.

Kelly: (looks at Heidi) You don’t mean three years today, do you? (Heidi nods) Oh my God…(claps a hand over her mouth) I completely forgot!

Heidi: (smiles sweetly) You forgot last years, too.

Kelly: I know…

Heidi: And our first year.

Kelly: I have such a horrible memory.

Heidi: I think we should celebrate.

Kelly: Over my forgotten memory?

Heidi: For our anniversary.

Kelly: Oh. Of course. What should we do?

Heidi: Well, I have an idea…

Kelly: I know what your ideas involve.

Heidi: Not just that. First, a romantic dinner. Then, we can go see a movie. A very soppy romance, (Kelly groans) and then, we come home and do what comes natural!

Kelly: One day you’re going to run out of energy.

Heidi: Never. Come on. (stands up and pulls Kelly to her feet)

Kelly: Where are we going?

Heidi: That’s for me to know, and you to find out.

Scene: Frank’s house. Tom is standing on the front porch. He knocks on the door. There si a shuffle of feet, and the door opens slowly. Frank’s face peers causially around the door chain.

Tom: I need to speak to you. (Frank nods, and unlocks the door. Tom walks into the living room and sits down in a chair)

Frank: What’s the problem? (he lowers himself into a chair facing Tom)

Tom: The problem is, she knows.

Frank: Who? Kelly? No, I’m afraid that’s not possible.

Tom: (slams his fist down on the coffee table) Not Kelly, her daughter! Her idiotic skanky daughter knows. Knows everything! She even knows that I killed Marla, and I’ll bet she knows you too.

Frank: (puzzled) How is this even possible? How could your daughter possibly know about all this?

Tom: I don’t know. What I do know is that you little ‘magic wave of the hand’ didn’t work!

Frank: How do you know that she knows about Marla?

Tom: One of her friends told me.

Frank: Where is this ‘friend’ now?

Tom: She’s taken care of. Pity, I should’ve held onto her-she might’ve come in handy.

Frank: Where do you suppose your-what is the name of the young girl in question?

Tom: Andrea. Of course, when I had her delivered to the orphanage, I made sure they’d call her ‘Nicole’, but the little tramp somehow knows her real name.

Frank: And she is not at the orphanage?

Tom: No, she’s not. I don’t know how she got out of there. The only person who does know is dead.

Frank: Where would Andrea have gone?

Tom: To find ‘mummy’, where else? Trouble is, I don’t know where mummy lives. They moved house after the camera incident.

Frank: Well, I’m at a loss.

Tom: You’re always at a loss. I’m going. (he gets up and walks out the door, closing it behind him. He walks down the street, then cuts through a vacant block. He is halfway through when he is approached by Marcus)

Marcus: See you’re lookin’ for her too?

Tom: (looks quizzically at Marcus) Who might you be?

Marcus: I can’t let you get to her before me, can I? (he pulls out a gun and shoots Tom in the head. There is a silencer on the pistol, so not a sound is heard) Now. (looks across at Frank’s house) To take care of your friend. (walks in the direction of Frank’s house)

Scene: In the taxi with Paul and Andrea. Andrea is wriggling around in her seat, trying to get comfortable.

Paul: Will you stop that?

Andrea: (snaps) I can’t. This is all your doing, remember?

Paul: I do remember. I shall have very vivid memories for some time after.

Andrea: You are some sick bastard.

Paul: Hey! Be lucky I’m takin’ you anywhere. I coulda dumped you by now.

Andrea: You can’t, because you promised.

Paul: (thoughtfully) I did, did I? (he pulls over to the side of the road) But people like me don’t keep promises. (reaches across And opens Andrea’s door) See ya later, lovey. (gives Andrea a shove)

Andrea: What? Oh, no you don’t. You take me where I want to go, mister.

Paul: Sorry. (smirks at Andrea) Bye.

Andrea: (muttering) Just my luck to be stuck with someone like you. (she climbs out and slams the door. Paul takes off in a cloud of dust. Andrea looks around. It is dark, and there are lights everywhere. She sees a huge rubbish bin, cardboard spilling out of it. She goes over to it, and makes a bed for herself. Shivering, she pulls a sheet of cardboard over her)

Scene: fancy restaurant. Heidi and Kelly are there sitting at a table surrounded by candles. They have finished their meals, and are talking quietly.

Heidi: I have something I want to ask you.

Kelly: Should I be afraid?

Heidi: Yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid. (giggles)

Kelly: okay, what is it? Watches as Heidi rises from her seat and kneels down beside her. Her eyes open wide)

Heidi: (takes a deep breath) Okay, let’s hope I can do this properly. (reaches into her dress pocket and pulls out a ring. It is an amythest, with tiny diamonds surrounding it. She shows it to Kelly)

Kelly: Oh my God. (puts a shocked hand over her mouth)

Heidi: I love you, Kel, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me? (Kelly nods through her tears, and Heidi wraps her arms around her and kisses her. A cheer erupts in the room. Kelly looks at Heidi)

Kelly: Did you plan all this?

Heidi: Only the proposal. (she sits back in her chair) I was almost afraid you’d say no.

Kelly: How could I? I love you more than anything in this world. I only wished you’d asked me sooner.

Heidi: So do I, but it took me ages to save up for that thing.

Kelly: (looks at the ring now on her finger) It’s beautiful.

Heidi: Just like you.

Kelly: (gazes at Heidi) Let’s go home. (winks)

Heidi: Oh, so you’re asking for it tonight?

Kelly: That I am. (she stands up. Heidi does the same. They link arms and walk out of the restuant)

Scene: Later that night. Kelly and Heidi are cuddled up in bed. Kelly is dreaming. She is a young girl again, in great pain. A woman is at her feet, telling her to push. All of a sudden there is a wail, and the woman holds up a baby. Kelly jerks awake. Her quick movement wakes Heidi)

Heidi: What happened?

Kelly: (looks at Heidi) I had a baby.

Scene: Morning. Andrea wakes up under the stack of cardboard. She pushes it away from her, and stands up. She winces with the pain and looks around. Across the road is a public swimming pool. A sign above the gate says ‘showers’. An arrow points the direction. Andrea runs across the road. Cars screech and beep their horns at her, and irate drivers yell at her. She walks into the gate and goes in the direction of the arrow)

Old Post Sep 13th, 2003 03:56 AM
Evanescence
Bring Me To Life

Scene: Kelly and Heidi’s place. They are cooking breakfast together in the kitchen and talking about the night before.

Heidi: Are you sure? I mean, it does sound a bit unbelievable.

Kelly: I know, but that’s what happened.

Heidi: Are you sure it wasn’t someone else you saw?

Kelly: Positive. It was me. Maybe it can explain (lifts up her shirt. There are faint streaks on her stomach) these?

Heidi: (grins) And here I was thinkin’ you must have been fat before I met you.

Kelly: I was. I know it was me, but why can’t I remember it?

Heidi: I don’t have the answer to that, honey. Hopefully you’ll remember it eventually.

Kelly: It was him.

Heidi: Who?

Kelly: (looks at Heidi) That dream I had. About being raped-

Heidi: You never saw his face.

Kelly: I did see his face. I just don’t remember it. He raped me, then I got pregnant. I had a baby.

Heidi: Where’s the baby now?

Kelly: I don’t know.

Heidi: Was it a boy or a girl?

Kelly: A girl. I saw it was a girl when the woman held her up in front of me.

Heidi: What woman?

Kelly: I don’t know who she was, but she helped me have the baby.

Heidi: A midwife?

Kelly: (shakes her head) No. I wasn’t in a hospital, I was in a room…like a bedroom.

Heidi: Did you recognize this woman?

Kelly: No, but she seemed to know me.

Heidi: Your mother?

Kelly: My mother’s dead. At least, I think she is. I’ve never seen her before.

Heidi: Obviously you did once. Do you have any pictures of her?

Kelly: There’s a box in the attic back home. I’ve never looked in it. Maybe there’s something there.

Heidi: Well, when we get back home, that’s the first thing we’ll do.

Kelly: I want to go back know.

Heidi: And cut our holiday short by 2 days? No way. Don’t worry about it. (puts her arms around Kelly) It’ll be fine.

Kelly: I guess it can wait.

Heidi: There’s a good girl. (gives Kelly a kiss)

Cut to Andrea. She races out of the pool gate. Her hair is wet, and she looks clean. She stands on the sidewalk and raises her arm. A taxi pulls over, and Andrea gets into it.

Driver: Hi there. (the sound of the drivers voice makes Andrea turn. The driver is a woman) Where too?

Andrea: Can you take me to 666 McCleod’s Street in ---------? I don’t have any money, though, but I really need to get there.

Driver: (thinks for moment) Why do you need to go there so quickly?

Andrea: My mum’s there, and if I don’t get to that house in two days I would’ve gone through hell for nothing.

Driver: What happened? You run into trouble?

Andrea: Just a bad driver.

Driver: You met Paul, I see? He didn’t force you do anything with him, did he? He does that, you know.

Andrea: No. (she looks away)

Driver: He did, didn’t he?

Andrea: I had to. He said he’d take me there, and he wanted payment…he never took me there, though.

Driver: He wouldn’t, either. Tell you what, I’ll take you there for nothing. I can only imagine what he made you do. You poor thing.

Andrea: I’d do anything to see my mum.

Driver: I’m sure you would. (she pulls away from the kerb and starts down the street) But, you know, what you should have done is gotten out of that taxi when he put the hard word on you.

Andrea: I didn’t think about that. I just wanted to see my mum.

Driver: You will. My name’s Toni, by the way. What’s your’s?

Andrea: Andrea.

Toni: Pleased to meet you, Andrea.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2003 03:57 AM
Vim
ILFTKYS

wow... That is a really great story! You should copyright it or something! I can't wait to see what happens next!

Witness the power of the human spirit in Clashing Forces - Reclamation! A novel by Wesley Belk (that's me!) Here's a sneak peek of the book! The power of the Human Spirit should never be underestimated!Clashing Forces Check the site out for more details!

Old Post Sep 13th, 2003 03:23 PM
Vim is currently offline Click here to Send Vim a Private Message Find more posts by Vim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote