KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Douglas Adams, Left earth with his towel...

Douglas Adams, Left earth with his towel...
Started by: Jameous Woodshire

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jameous Woodshire

I dont even want to think about what Disney will do to his vision now that he's gone.

I actualy got to talk to him a few years ago on a local radio show. He was great and said he had complete control over the future movie. Disney was the studio he mentioned, but that was almost 3 years ago.

I'm so sad I almost want to recite Vogon Poetry. sad

Old Post May 12th, 2001 05:27 PM
Jameous Woodshire is currently offline Click here to Send Jameous Woodshire a Private Message Find more posts by Jameous Woodshire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

They were thinkng about a third radio series as well, with the original crew... it's very sad. Guess Marvin was right after all.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 12th, 2001 05:34 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jameous Woodshire

Do ya mean, "Dont talk to me about life!" ?

That might sum it up for me right now.

Old Post May 12th, 2001 05:39 PM
Jameous Woodshire is currently offline Click here to Send Jameous Woodshire a Private Message Find more posts by Jameous Woodshire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I do indeed... also his final moments lookinmg at the huge sign that said 'Sorry for the Inconvenience' has a certain feel to it as well.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post May 12th, 2001 05:46 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jameous Woodshire

Sigh.

I havent read Mostly Harmless, but its now on the top of my list.

Why!?!

Old Post May 12th, 2001 05:55 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Mostly Harmless is not his BEST work... thought it does have a VERY funny start with the robots trying to work out what his wrong with their ship... classic stuff.

BtVS

Old Post May 12th, 2001 06:08 PM
Jameous Woodshire

Oh freddled gruntbuggly... Thy micturations are to me/ as plurdled gabblebotchits on a lurgid bee.

Old Post May 12th, 2001 06:14 PM
Edna Witch
Magic

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

And I was hoping he would make a sequal to Starship Titanic!

Thats made me really sad now!

"This Party's Over" -Mace Windu, epII

Old Post May 12th, 2001 08:41 PM
Edna Witch is currently offline Click here to Send Edna Witch a Private Message Find more posts by Edna Witch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

A sequel to ST? THAT would have been odd...

BtVS

Old Post May 12th, 2001 08:42 PM
Edna Witch
Magic

Wasnt everything he did? Thats what made im so amazing!

"This Party's Over" -Mace Windu, epII

Old Post May 12th, 2001 09:28 PM
Edna Witch is currently offline Click here to Send Edna Witch a Private Message Find more posts by Edna Witch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It would have been odd by HIS standards.

'Oh dear, I think you'll find reality is on the blink again'- Marvin

BtVS

Old Post May 12th, 2001 09:57 PM
Ratcat

Man, I heard this earlier today. WHat sort of age is 49 to be dieing?

Was the news report correct on that fact, did he write HHGTTG in his twenties or something?

Old Post May 12th, 2001 10:10 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yes, it was done twenty-two years ago.

BtVS

Old Post May 12th, 2001 10:13 PM
keokiswahine
Confusion

Hi, Jameous, so sorry to read of Adams' passing; he was so young. BTW, I now have all 5 of Adams' books to the hitchhiker's odessy. Finally opened my mail.

Old Post May 13th, 2001 04:04 AM
keokiswahine is currently offline Click here to Send keokiswahine a Private Message Find more posts by keokiswahine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jameous Woodshire

Douglas Adams, Left earth with his towel...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk...000/1326657.stm

I cant believe it. He was a great guy. The world wont be the same without him. sad

Old Post May 13th, 2001 04:07 AM
Ratcat

I know it was 22 years ago, I was just amazed at how young he was.

Old Post May 13th, 2001 04:44 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Still, he was a cool frood who knew where his towel was. I'm sure he was happy.

Quite wherew this leaves the new film, I don't know...

I feel I should point out a couple of points, looking at the site- they missed out Mostly Harmless from his list of sequels, and the radio series came BEFORE the novel...

Guess the BBC's field researchers got caught up with other things while working on the report, eh...?

BtVS

Old Post May 13th, 2001 04:48 AM
Gundark
Mayhem

Everybody over to Milliways and lets toast him a final farewell.

Old Post May 15th, 2001 03:30 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I think you will find that we all have reservations...

BtVS

Old Post May 16th, 2001 12:10 AM
Gundark
Mayhem

Well we'll have to wait for the supply of lemon soaked paper napkins first.

Old Post May 16th, 2001 06:40 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote