KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Cabin Fever

Cabin Fever
Started by: kezie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
kezie

cabin fever

what is this movie about

Old Post Sep 9th, 2003 01:03 AM
kezie is currently offline Click here to Send kezie a Private Message Find more posts by kezie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kezie

really

Old Post Sep 9th, 2003 08:34 PM
kezie is currently offline Click here to Send kezie a Private Message Find more posts by kezie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BABOON
Call me Snake..

quoted from a review on aintitcool.com:

"Five college friends with various degrees of intelligence and hormonal activity rent a remote cabin in the woods to celebrate the end of their college life. After a brief encounter with the local towns freaky rednecks, the teenagers almost don’t find the time to start the partying, that they are approached by a strange man with corroded skin vomiting blood everywhere. Fearing infection, they are able to turn him away, not without any problems. From this pointthings escalate from bad to worse.As the flesh-eating virus spreads among the friends, they surrender to the paranoia of avoiding the contagion and their true feelings and personalities emerge as they struggle to survive not only the virus, but also each other, a vicious dog, and the hostility of the local rednecks."

sounds like a bizarre combination between the thing, evil dead, and throw in a few zombie movies for good measure.so far all of the reviews ive read on this movie have been really good. im definitely gonna be seeing it on either friday or saturday.hopefully it wont disappoint.
Happy Dance

Old Post Sep 9th, 2003 10:05 PM
BABOON is currently offline Click here to Send BABOON a Private Message Find more posts by BABOON Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kezie

thank u

Old Post Sep 9th, 2003 10:55 PM
Tex
Yumsz

Its supposed to be really good!
I am totally gonna see it!

Old Post Sep 10th, 2003 03:45 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

yeah, looks good. plus shawn from boy meets world is in it

Old Post Sep 10th, 2003 04:45 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Ugh! I hated that damn showthumb down

Old Post Sep 10th, 2003 07:57 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

im sure it didnt like you either

Old Post Sep 10th, 2003 09:02 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Worst comeback everstick out tongue

That show was hella dumb, and that fat girl Topanga or whatever that heifers name was is SO washed up!stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 10th, 2003 09:07 PM
BackFire

she was freaking hot. and that was not the worst come back ever, i woulda said something better if i actually liked the show, i never cared much for it either, but i remember his face from it.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2003 09:12 PM
grymlock
mountain of power

can't wait for the movie... it's remind me something about SAR's heheheh

- master of creator Godshinto

"In Darkness Everything Become Clearer Then Daylight" - King Diamond

"From Lashes To Ashes, From Lust To Dust" - Ville Valo (HIM)

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 05:19 PM
grymlock is currently offline Click here to Send grymlock a Private Message Find more posts by grymlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BABOON
Call me Snake..

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire349
she was freaking hot. and that was not the worst come back ever, i woulda said something better if i actually liked the show, i never cared much for it either, but i remember his face from it.

haha..yeah topanga was hot during the high school years but during college she was pretty fat. BOY MEETS WORLD FREAKIN RULES!! big grin big grin rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 09:42 PM
BABOON is currently offline Click here to Send BABOON a Private Message Find more posts by BABOON Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

it RULED they stopped new episdoes like 3 or 4 years ago

Old Post Sep 11th, 2003 10:35 PM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BABOON
Call me Snake..

oh it still rules the disney channel my friend...repeats or not.. big grin

Old Post Sep 12th, 2003 02:47 AM
BackFire

Cabin Fever

I'm sure im not alone when i say that this movie looked very cool to all of us horror fans. It seemed to be a movie made just for us, low budget, hot chicks, that guy from boy meets world, and other factors. Unfortunately, im having trouble deciding whether or not it delevered in all of its aspects. It was definately entertaining, but... it just seemed to deveate from its plot a bit too much.

The story is as follows, a group of teenagers rent out a cabin in the woods near a small country town. They encounter a man who is obviously very ill, they end up chasing him away in fear that they will catch whatever horrible disease he has. Of course, they do, and the rest of the movie displays their emotional and moral termoil after they are one by one infected.

This plot is fully realized about half way through, and what i mean by that is, you basically know for sure that tehy will all catch it eventually, its only a matter of time. So they have to keep you motovated to watch and enthrawl us with something... well...enter the cliche demoralized hicks who hear that the kids are sick, tehy go after them with the intent to kill...anyways... i wont say anymore, but the movie definately gets a bit wacky, and at times it is more funny then anything, which is too bad, because it has a very overwhelming atmosphere that was broken during these silly moments. but i do always like a movie that doesnt take itself seriously, so i cant hold it against this movie.

The characters are all basically cliche recycles of normal college reterick. a big tough guy (seemingly a jock with below average intelegence) a blonde hair blue eyed self infatuated pretty boy, a hot slutty chick, and a hot moral chick, and of course, the calm rational guy who everyone kinda picks on for not being as masquline as the others... in the first 2 minutes of the movie it is made very obvious who each character is.

The movie as a whole, is good, it has some very creepy gory neat scenes that will make you cringe, but it also has some scenes and ideas of an extremely ridiculous nature (the kids have a fully loaded rifle, but they have trouble killing a simple dog somehow). it also has some very deliberately funny scenes that will make you laugh your ass off. Basically, its a movie anyone will probably enjoy to an extent, if you can forgive certain inconsistancies and some ignorant choices. If you need more explanation, think of it as a combination of Deliverance, outbreak, and evil dead, with some scary movie type humor right out of the wayans bro's book. a good watch, but not quite what i was expecting.

7.5-10

Old Post Sep 13th, 2003 08:15 AM
jinXed by JaNx

i wasnt to sure if i was gonna waste money to go see this but ill probably go give it a look today. the previews diddnt make me wanna see it at all but with a bit more description from your review im curious now.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2003 09:57 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

thats what a review is for my friend smile

Old Post Sep 13th, 2003 10:01 AM
jinXed by JaNx

and what a review it was

Old Post Sep 13th, 2003 10:18 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

well im glad it was helpful to you

Old Post Sep 13th, 2003 10:46 AM
BABOON
Call me Snake..

i thoroughly enjoyed cabin fever...and i hate everything pretty much...it had gore...it had humor..it had rider strong killing people...and it had campiness....YAY!!!!PANCAKES!!!PANCAKES!!!!

Old Post Sep 13th, 2003 11:00 PM