KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » In the Dark -- Episode I -- REX's Game

In the Dark -- Episode I -- REX's Game
Started by: Captain REX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (70): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

In the Dark -- Episode I -- REX's Game

////Star Wars Episode I: In the Dark\\\\

Life on the Dark Side is hard, especially since Dark Jedi are indeed rare to find and dangerous when found. Narrow-minded fools portray you as outcasts, and the ridiculous Jedi Council will hunt you down wherever you go. Most Dark-Side adepts lead short, brutal, violent lives, dying in a blaze of glory after spreading chaos that takes years to fix. You all have seen friends or enemies go likewise, their lives ending by the blade of a Jedi or the blaster bolt of an assassin or twenty.

While Dark Jedi can be stupid sometimes, you are no fools. A majority of you have good ideas of when to strike, where to strike, and how to strike. Then, after your faces have been splashed all over the HoloNet, you'll go into hiding, for years at a time if need be.

While you are all extremely dangerous Dark Jedi or Marauders, whether it's because of your skills with a lightsaber, your control over the Force, or because of the big amount of weaponry you carry around with you, you do not know each other. While you have heard of each other's names while watching the holoscreens playing the news, you have not met each other personally. In fact, you have been trying to track each other down for years, for some of you are bounty hunters.

For this reason, you are spread out, not knowing that you are all going to be united. If you met each other at this time, you would probably be locked in saber combat or blasting one another's ships out of the sky. But you won't after you hear the deal that will be offered to you...

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

A YT-1300 Correllian transport comes out of hyperspace near the planet of Coruscant, it's owner, Galiss Noob (Baylin), having just received a call for a job on the planet. It's from a Senator who needs your skills for something, but you're not sure what. For the lack of a job and because of your utter boredom, you have decided to take the job. Something about Coruscant always dazzles you, but you are not sure what.

Your ship will be landing soon, so ready any supplies you need to take planetside...

You wake up with a loud yawn, Karto Yinno (Dexx), as your alarm goes off in your apartment room. You are especially tired after that hard training session with Master Khar yesterday. You doubt that it took him all night to clean up those diced training remotes, but you think it took him awhile anyway. Then the practice duel with him yesterday was insane...the welts from his training sabers will be there for awhile.

You open the door to your dark room, slap on some clothes, eat some breakfast, and close your apartment door, locking it behind you with a clever usage of the Force. The 8 of your apartment number, which in all is 1138, falls off of the door, but you simply kick it under the door. You'll fix it later. You walk out onto the city streets of Nar Shaddaa, and ride an air taxi a couple of levels deeper into the planet. You walk up to the door of Hessel Khar's training complex, and knock three times and then kicked it softly, as he has told you to do so he knows it is you. You wait for the door to open...

While the temperatures on Hoth are certainly colder than they are on Arnia, you don't mind the frigid climate one bit, Khantari Thon (General Kaliero). In fact, it's quite comfortable for hiding from the Republic. You would rather be on Arnia in your family's home with your relative Dak Kaliero, but Arnia is too close to the Republic for comfort. On Hoth, you are alone completely, with no one but the wampas and taun-tauns to see you. A group of bounty hunters landed on the planet a few days ago, but they shouldn't be a problem, as they are weighed down by all of their survival gear, which you have no need for. Plus, the hoard of weapons you keep hanging on the walls will bring them death swiftly...

While most of the other Dark Jedi do not know each other, you two are the exception. Reeth Qoth (General Zink) and Karkos Grimm (Bespin Bart) are indeed quite good friends, having known each other since the days of your training at the Jedi Temple. While you often look back to those times, you try only to remember the fun you had jeering at other students and defeating others in combat training. The rest is crap, and you can't believe you actually listened to those moronic Jedi who tried to teach you. Especially Reeth, who has lost most of his body to a mutilating combat with the man who you utterly hate more than the Jedi.

Reeth rarely sleeps due to the aches and pains he usually has, plus the fact that last night he had to have his mechanical right leg repaired by his droid, G2-7T. You are sitting in the makeshift home you have built in the abandoned mines of Besouine, a planet covered in plains and oceans and known for it's abandond mines. You like the peace and quite a lot, for Besouine's inhabitants are peaceful and primitive, and none of them give a damn about you being there, though they think it queer that you are made of machinery and are living in a mine. Karkos, you sit quietly in your bed, meditating and thinking about you shall do today. Being on Besouine is boring to you, you'd rather be out killing Jedi. A ship crashed near the Chii Ocean the other day, and you would like to check it out if it is still above water...

Xornon Jay (Xornon Jay), you arrive home after a LONG night of tracking down a man named Barbosa. You found him after going over most of Sernisloth, but he easily escaped from you, and you had to fight your way through a crowd of pirates to get to him. It was all in vain, and then you had a lot of X-carving to do on the backs of the dead pirates. You got away from the scene just as a police force walked in, but apparently they didn't care. The pirates had been ticking them off for weeks.

The hooker outside your door asks if you are looking for some fun, but your in no mood for her idea of fun. You politely tell her maybe later and tell her to ask your neighbor, who thinks hookers are evil and plans to kill any of them that come to his door. You hear a satisfying blaster fire and a scream as you flop down on your bed.

There is a message waiting for you on your home comlink, you hope it's not another bounty hunting job...

Let the game begin! Each of you should do actions according to the section angled towards you...

Last edited by REXXXX on Sep 14th, 2003 at 08:27 PM

Old Post Sep 14th, 2003 08:24 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
genral zink
Keeper of the Jello

"Hurry up with your repairs, G2, or I'll get a faster droid..." Reeth threatens as he lays back on the chair. "Put the armor plating back on the leg, and then get me something to eat." He picks up his book that he had been reading most of the night, called "101 Ways to Kill a Jedi," written by an eccentric Sith Lord during the Sith Wars. They weren't very good ways, but it was good reading.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2003 08:42 PM
genral zink is currently offline Click here to Send genral zink a Private Message Find more posts by genral zink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

"Just eat a sandwiche, you lazy bum," Karkos hollers as he stomps out of his room. "I don't see why you read that crap, that guy was insane. He committed suicide so he wouldn't get killed by the Jedi...or was it one of those reasons that are really lame...anyway, he sucked."

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Sep 14th, 2003 08:49 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
genral zink
Keeper of the Jello

"For your information, Lord Telerev Sr. killed a large number of Jedi during the Sith War, and came to a heroic end after using his 101 methods twice. It was his cowardly son who didn't deserve the title Lord who committed suicide." Reeth gets back to his reading as the droid nears completion of the repairs.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2003 08:51 PM
genral zink is currently offline Click here to Send genral zink a Private Message Find more posts by genral zink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"I'm going as fast as I can sir," G2 squeaks back to you. He's heard you make those threats before, so it doesn't worry him.

Karkos, you look out the window and see a faint stream of steam and smoke, obviously from a fire that is near being extinguished. Probably from that ship that crashed in the ocean. It's probably still above water because of those razor sharp barrier reefs. Good thing, it might be interesting to see what's inside and what caused it to crash. You would find it most entertaining if a Jedi was inside...

Old Post Sep 14th, 2003 09:02 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XornonJay

X just looks at the comlink for a few seconds. If it was another job, he'd have to do some training. The nights job had gone sucked, and he was furious about it. He had slacked off in his dayly training as of late. He jumps up from his laying postion on the bed and grabs an opened bottle of liquor off the counter. He slumps into the chair by the comlink, downs the rest of the blue liquid in the bottle and plays the message.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2003 09:42 PM
XornonJay is currently offline Click here to Send XornonJay a Private Message Find more posts by XornonJay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

I sigh, tired of waiting. No one will care if a few hunters go missing on Hoth, it'll only be attributed to a wampa attack. I gather together my 'sabres and knives, and set out, moving towards their landing site.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2003 03:26 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

"I think we should check out that crash site, don't you, Reeth? It would certainly something exciting, compared to picking more Besouine fruits and polishing our lightsabers. Well, I'm gonna check it out whether you want to or not. Everyone's probably dead, but still..."

Karkos checks his lightsaber so make sure it is functioning correctly, and then walks out the door.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Sep 15th, 2003 04:26 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

That liquid tastes good after that long night. You pick up the comlink and turn it on. It is indeed another job. Your old pal Githit Pol, a fellow bounty hunter and businessman. He usually calls you to offer you jobs.

"I have another job for ya, X. Some guy named Hajid Thajkon. The Republic wants him dead, and the Jedi Council hasn't been able to find him. This guy's damn elusive. Wonder if he's got those special talents like yours..."

You hate it when Pol refers to your Force powers as special talents...

"Anyway, some guy tipped me off that he's on Coruscant somewhere. He's got some good bodyguards, so you might want to raid that nearby weaponry depot before you leave Sernisloth."

He's been trying to get you to do that job for weeks. It's too risky, but you like risk. His payoff is good if you want to do that job, and he specifically wants some disruptor rifles. He always pesters you to do stuff for him. Last time he wanted you to mind trick a girl into giving him some fun, but you killed the girl instead. That ended that request...

So you have the option of meeting him on Coruscant right away or raiding the weapons depot first. Either way, looks like you need to hijack a ship.

It's not hard to find these guys, Thon. After a short ride on your taun-taun, you come up a hill and see them about a 200 yards away. Even with your keen eyesight, you can't count them clearly in the flurries of snow. Seems to be about a dozen, maybe more.

Karkos, you walk 'outside' - you are still in the mines. They used to dig for important minerals and priceless gems down here, but they have all been found. The mines were abandoned due to flooding in some parts, and there is a large pool behind your house. It's quite creepy peering down into the mucky water and seeing rusted machinery and twisted skeletons floating in the water, but quite satisfying to your evil side. You continue walking as G2 is putting the finishing touches on Reeth's armor and making a sandwiche for him...

Old Post Sep 15th, 2003 04:43 AM
REXXXX
Networking

FallingBlue joins the game!

Terrik Dakar (FallingBlue), you wake up in the alley that you had entered the night before. Turns out that your bounty was a little faster and more dangerous than you expected. The guy went by the name Sol-leks, and had a high-priced bounty on his head. He's a lot bigger than you thought, and has a stronger and faster punch than you expected. Two swift punches sent you reeling and another sent you flying against a wall, knocking you out.

Something about that guy was odd...you thought he might have had some talent with the Force...but who cares, he's gone now.

You get up and stretch, and stomp out of the alleyway in on the lower levels. The day time is much quieter than the night time, it seems. Usually the Jedi come out to hunt you during the night, but you always evade them...or kill them...

You walk into Dex's Diner, wanting breakfast and a good drink.

"Can I help you, hun?" asks the robot waitress.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2003 04:49 AM
FallingBlue
Twilight of Shadow

"I'll have some sort of...meat..I don't care, aslong as it will fill my stomach.." Terrik muttered, thinking of what he was going to do now. He sat in his booth, twirling the spice shaker on the tip of his finger. Every waking moment he thought of how he was going to kill his next target. Lightsaber blade..that was usually his choice, his favorite. Or he could simply deny them the right to breath, another choice favorite. As he thought of the kill the waitress droid placed his plate infront of him and wheeled away. Terrik ate slowly, he didn't enjoy food, he didnt enjoy anything except the kill.

God is only a false hope

Last edited by FallingBlue on Sep 15th, 2003 at 05:04 AM

Old Post Sep 15th, 2003 04:59 AM
FallingBlue is currently offline Click here to Send FallingBlue a Private Message Find more posts by FallingBlue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Killing anything in the Coco District could be dangerous. It's more civilized than the lower levels. But then again, you don't really care much. That Sol-leks guy was fast was what worried you. Seemed too fast to be a normal person...

Suddenly...you sense something...Jedi! Two Jedi!

Appears to be a Master and a Padawan...you recognize them as Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi. Quite dangerous to the Dark Jedi, especially when the two are together.

"Dex!" Obi-Wan says, as the Besilisk gives him a crushing hug.

Qui-Gon looks your way. Obviously he hasn't seen you before, or he'd be on top of you. He turns away as he greets Dex.

Quick escape or continue eating?

Old Post Sep 15th, 2003 05:08 AM
FallingBlue
Twilight of Shadow

Terrik looked down, his eyes still glaring up at the two Jedi. He hated Jedi and their peaceful, preaching, ways. Had it been anyone else, Terrik would have been at their throats by now. Placing more food in his mouth he decided to ignore them, had they known who he was, he would be dead by now. Chewing distastefully, Terrik finished the meal. Without a word, or a payment, he stepped from the diner.

God is only a false hope

Old Post Sep 15th, 2003 05:13 AM
FallingBlue is currently offline Click here to Send FallingBlue a Private Message Find more posts by FallingBlue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

I grin at the foolish weaklings. Sneaking as close as is safe in the snow, I pull out a throwing knife.

I take careful aim for the one that looks like the leader, and throw the knife.

((Here's a quick sketch of one so you know what they areevil face The lower part is the grip ))

(please log in to view the image)

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2003 06:58 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baylin
Back in story!

With landing clearance granted Galiss says to G6 (Jees) "Jees take us in nice and steady and let me know when we're about to land."
With that Galiss goes through to his equipment cupboard and checks his gear, mutters to himself "I wonder what this senator wants?" while he gets ready.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2003 07:48 AM
Baylin is currently offline Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XornonJay

I smile to myself. I had always liked the risk involved in the job, just didn't like the timing in the past. Now was the time though. It was a perfect job to enhance my Force powers. And besides, everyone knew, if the person was impossible to find, I would find him. I set the bottle down on the table and call my two sabers off of the shelf in the closet. I spin the hilts in my palms, getting a small adrenilin rush. I always did when I used my sabers. I clip then to my belt, and grab my blaster, slipping it into my shoulder holster. I grab my black sleaveless cape and walk out the door. I never did like disruptor rifles, they're too clumsy. Bulky weapons always are, but if he wanted them, he'd get them. It might cost him a bit extra though. I jump on the new Flare-S swoop that I had snagged for my last job. It was a nice find. But if I was going to Coruscant, I'd nee a ship. I flipped the speeder on a sped off toward the weaponry depot, and docking bays.
(off to do HW be back to finish this in a lil while)

Old Post Sep 15th, 2003 10:19 PM
XornonJay is currently offline Click here to Send XornonJay a Private Message Find more posts by XornonJay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

You don't think they'd kill you unless they had to, but being dragged into Jedi Central as a captive isn't exactly your idea of fun either.

"Hey, where are you going?" the droid barks at you, Terrik, as you try to leave from your meal. The human waitress, luckily, walks over to you to ask for your payment of 20 credits. She seems dimwitted enough to mind trick, though. The droid's remark gets the attention of the Jedi, though. They glance in your direction as they leave.

Your gaze follows them out the window and then you spot him...Sol-leks. The guy you were hunting last night that knocked you out too damn fast. Maybe you can get another crack at him...but first you have to do something about this hot but dimwitted babe of a waitress who won't let you leave till you pay up...

As I said, it's too dangerous to kill anyone. Especially with the Jedi right outside the door.

(Those look like they could give some nasty injuries, Dak...)

The rushing wind throws off your aim a bit, and instead of hitting the leader in the back, it blows sideways and hits one of his lackies in the back. The other bounty hunters turn to spot you in the snow, pulling out all kinds of weapons. One to your left fires a blaster rifle at you.

The depot is a BIG building, X. Unsurprisingly, there are a group of guards at the entrance. Luckily, they look tired. They only have one set of guards to watch this place, so they usually laze around and do nothing except ask what your business is. They are pretty weak-minded, but you'd better get in before they question why they let you in in the first place...

Old Post Sep 15th, 2003 10:55 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Celsius joins the game!

Ah, the world of Sernisdal. What a horrid place. You are glad you don't live in that dump, though the gladiator games and illegal gambling are quite entertaining. You've seen grown men cry after losing a fortune, and the arena champions fall to the smallest of foes do to unlucky circumstances. You always have fun when you come to this unhappy world.

Arthos Theese (Celsius), you are coming to this world because your ship needs it's weapons upgraded. You ran out of your favored advanced proton torpedoes during a large battle with pirates near Tatooine, and the tibanna gas supply for your powerful cannons is running low. Even your blaster pistol needs ammo. You have heard that there is a large weapons depot on Sernisdal, and you have a pretty good idea of what you plan to do.

You get landing permission, and put the Necromancer down in the appointed landing bay. You 'persuade' a docking official to guard your ship for free. You see the weaons depot a little ways off, a group of tired security guards standing at the entrance. Another man is approaching...you wonder if he has the same plan as you...

Old Post Sep 15th, 2003 11:16 PM
FallingBlue
Twilight of Shadow

Terrik smiled slimly at the waitress, waving his hand infront of her face, "You already took my payment.." he said, walking past her towards Sol-leks. Terrik still and a slim smile stretched across his face, he loved the thrill of the hunt, especially when he was hunting a formiddable opponent. His hands sat against his sides, close to his lightsabers.

God is only a false hope

Old Post Sep 15th, 2003 11:30 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"I already took your payment, silly me," the waitress says. The droid overhears her, and lets you pass.

Sol-leks is a big guy. He's very grizzled and his arms are very muscular, pracitcally popping the seams on his sleeves. His head is cleanshaven. He looks pretty scarred, like he's been through alot. You don't think he notices you are there as he turns and walks down a flight of stairs and into the lower levels.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2003 11:41 PM