KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Democrats and Republicans

Democrats and Republicans
Started by: Raz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ratcat

Well, I'm still waiting for one of you lot to give us an indepth analysis on the American Political system....

Old Post May 25th, 2001 07:08 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Okay..The thing to realize is that it's more an issue of Conservative and Liberal. Republicans are usually pretty conservative and Democrats are liberal. Bush is pretty conservative..but Clinton's administration was a moderate one.

Liberal is:
Pro-Choice
Pro Environment and Conservation.
For keeping the military at a more moderate size.
Pro public welfare programs.
Pro division of church and state.
Con coporal punishment
Pro Gun Control
Pro Affirmative Action
Pro Gay rights

Conservative is:
Pro Life
Feels that we should use the environment for our needs more then for conservation.
Pro larger Military (like the New Shield plan)
Con public welfare programs. (feels they are a waste of money and people should be responsible for themselves.
Pro Prayer in School
Pro coporal punishment
Pro Right to bear arms.
Con Affirmative Action
Con Gay rights

Okay..if I'm wrong about any of this just say so.

Old Post May 25th, 2001 11:45 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

There ya go..... smokin'

Old Post May 25th, 2001 11:48 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

I tried..

Old Post May 25th, 2001 11:50 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

What Dim said. Also, republicans look like elephants and democrats look like donkeys.

Old Post May 25th, 2001 11:58 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

NOw I understand THAT.....

Old Post May 26th, 2001 12:21 AM
Gundark
Mayhem

Well a picture is worth a thousand words, you know.

Old Post May 26th, 2001 12:24 AM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Show me the picture then.....

Old Post May 26th, 2001 12:30 AM
Gundark
Mayhem

I am not surfing the net hunting pictures of elephants and donkeys just for you. I do have a life you know. stick out tongue

Old Post May 26th, 2001 12:47 AM
Ratcat

You do, must get myself one of those.

Old Post May 26th, 2001 12:57 AM
Gundark
Mayhem

Mayhem is not just a job. Its an adventure. evil face

Old Post May 26th, 2001 12:59 AM
Ratcat

And I'm just living in Imagination...

Old Post May 26th, 2001 01:16 AM
Gundark
Mayhem

Well thats a nice place. Imagination leads to inspiration. Inspiration leads to perspiration. Perspiration leads to somebody getting stinky and needing a shower. laughing out loud

Old Post May 26th, 2001 01:20 AM
Dim
Creativity

Atleast you can do something with yours..I just am.

Old Post May 26th, 2001 01:34 AM
Ratcat

Thanks Gundy, now I feel soooooo much better....

Old Post May 26th, 2001 01:42 AM
queeq
Chaos

Interestingly enough, from a more European point of view, Democrats are just a little less right winged than Republicans. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post May 26th, 2001 09:52 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

So, what you're saying is that they are all right wing, and it's just a case of by how much?

Old Post May 26th, 2001 10:28 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's all a bit messed up, because the Democrats go for high taxes, which is odd for right-wingers, but even so...

Of course, it's all relative. Some of the milita groups in the US thought that Clinton was a Communist...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 26th, 2001 10:32 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

This is why we should never discuss politics here. BORING !!!!!!! (Yawns, gets clown gun out) Be vewy vewy quiet....

Old Post May 26th, 2001 10:33 PM
queeq
Chaos

I'm with Gundy. big grin

Old Post May 27th, 2001 12:49 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote