KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Spider-man movie should have been called manspider

Spider-man movie should have been called manspider
Started by: Mr Parker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kes
Philie

Wasnt he bit on the hand?blink

Old Post Sep 19th, 2003 07:46 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

quote:
Originally posted by CaptainInsano
He's not a monster, he's a superhero with genetically, altered, super powers! Hulk is a monster. But Spider-man is a mutant because he was bit by the spider. I am also sorta pissed about him not having web shooters but they didn't ruin the franchise. And what the hell are you talking about (manspider) moron.

yes he is a monster now.Spider-man isnt a mutant.to be a mutant you got to born with the powers.Yes the orgaincs ruined the franchise because it betrays his character. mad He's a manspider now because hes a monster moron. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Sep 19th, 2003 09:04 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

quote:
Originally posted by masterofmatrix
ok heres why they didnt put webshooters in the movie.

1. the web carterages would be a waste of money since the web was cgi anyway

2. the whole movie would have been about peter making them if they had web carterages

The whole movie wouldnt be about peter making them,it could all be done in a short 5 minute montage sequence.They only didnt use them because hollywood only wanted to make their own little version. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Sep 19th, 2003 09:06 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Sigh... purirsts- always irritating people, also people who are irritatED because the film did so damn well which suggests to me that the makers did nothing wrong.

I'd rather be a purist than a manspider fan such as most of you. laughing
that is the dumbest logic ever to say the filmakers did nothing wrong.The movie was a box office hit because spidey is such a popular icon figure it did not matter how horrible a film it was. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Sep 19th, 2003 09:09 PM
Mr Parker

quote:
Originally posted by carnage713
maybee im wrong but peter was bit on the wrists that mite have sumthing to do w/ it. and dude chill out defy spidy as a monster for me

hes a freaking monster now because the organics are gross and disgusting. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Sep 19th, 2003 09:11 PM
Kes
Philie

It would be stupid. Its to unbelievable (I know the whole spider thing is too).
This way its explain right along with the bite. Plus its a minor detail how can that ruin the franchise?

Old Post Sep 19th, 2003 09:11 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Parker
hes a freaking monster now because the organics are gross and disgusting. roll eyes (sarcastic)

why are they gross and disgusting? All you see is a bit of web in his wrist?

Old Post Sep 19th, 2003 09:13 PM
carnage713

i kno why is that dude freakin out

great sig made by hegemon

Old Post Sep 19th, 2003 09:22 PM
carnage713 is currently offline Click here to Send carnage713 a Private Message Find more posts by carnage713 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

You manspider fans are hopeless.thats disgusting seeing him spray body fluids out his body. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Sep 19th, 2003 09:39 PM
Kes
Philie

lol The only thing I didnt like about spider-man from the cartoons (never read the comics...I'm not really a fan) was the web. Because he made them. I always thought that was so stupid. That someone could recreate nature in his bedroom roll eyes (sarcastic) So I prefer the way they made it in the movie.
Mr. Parker its a minor detail...you should be bothered by the fact that he climbs walls with gloves and shoes on roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Sep 19th, 2003 10:07 PM
plenTpak52
Pinball Wizard

Actually there was a press conference with The cast and Sam Raimi said that they only did the webbing from his writs because they wanted to make Peter seem like a normal kid, as opposed to the unbelievable genius that the real Peter Park was

Old Post Sep 26th, 2003 02:54 AM
plenTpak52 is currently offline Click here to Send plenTpak52 a Private Message Find more posts by plenTpak52 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

the only thing i can say is big god damn deal, sam rami chose to by-pass the creation of web shooters and the web formula so he could focus time on other important aspects of spiderman. The movie was pretty much right out of the comics in every way. At first they were going to incoorperate the creat of web shooters. but the time thing came up so they chose against it. Had they done that the movie would have been longer and had less action to make up for the explanation of of how he created the formula to make a web. In the comics they never explained exactly where parker got the idea for his costumes. they hinted twords the fact when they would show him working on them in his room but never actually said where the idea came from. pele are just to mad about this movie because it is so much like the comic books and they look for any little thing they can that suggests other wise. Maybe you should calm down a bit and be thank full you have such a great comic movie adaptation and be thank full for it. it could have turned out like a batman travesty or dardevil mistake por even a fantastic four sin.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 02:55 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

I completely agree with you. These people go and watch this movie just so they can find any little thing wrong with it and complain. If spidey did have cartridges they would have found something else even dumber to complain about.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 08:00 PM
Hegemon875 is currently offline Click here to Send Hegemon875 a Private Message Find more posts by Hegemon875 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carnage713

i can agree mr parker lay off the drugs u fu***** wierdo.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 01:55 AM
carnage713 is currently offline Click here to Send carnage713 a Private Message Find more posts by carnage713 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

carnage, Mr.Parker's opinion is his own.
You must respect that.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 12:56 PM
Zephonim

Manspider, you are not a pureist. You have moved far beyond that, you have moved well into the psychotic wierdo range.
No comic licensed movie has ever been portrayed as acuratley as they should have been. The organics were required because not all of the audience were people who have read the comics. They can't make Parker too much of an academic god like he was in the comics. It becomes too difficult to believe everything that happened in the comics could happen in real life. Comic fans are able to keep their disbelief suspended much longer because they have come to expect unbelievable things. They had to bridge the gap between movie goers and comic readers.
Yes the costume was a streach, yes the formula to make the goblin was a streach, but at a point it would have become riduculous. I am as big a fan of Spider-Man as anyone else, but you have to realize it wasn't a comicbook. It was a movie, and things have to change to attract, and keep an audience other than comic fans intersted.
Also, nothing in the movie is that far from the truth outside of the actaul turning into Spider-Man. There are projects in the scientific community that involve people trying to make people stronger and develop personal airplanes. A high school kid creating not only web shooters but also a fluid strong enough to hold up people and tram cars goes way to far in the real world. I was pissed at first too, I thought it was a horrible crime against humanity to change it, but you have to make concessions in areas.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2003 05:32 AM
Zephonim is currently offline Click here to Send Zephonim a Private Message Find more posts by Zephonim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carnage713

well said zephonim. i agree w/ u. mr parker took this way to seriously.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2003 06:02 PM
Zephonim

Anyone notice Mr. Parker hasn't posted in almost a month?

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 02:03 AM
Zephonim is currently offline Click here to Send Zephonim a Private Message Find more posts by Zephonim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carnage713

very suspicious....... no expression ooo who am i kidding no its not.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 04:01 AM
SpindelStrike

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Parker
yes he is a monster now.Spider-man isnt a mutant.to be a mutant you got to born with the powers.Yes the orgaincs ruined the franchise because it betrays his character. mad He's a manspider now because hes a monster moron. roll eyes (sarcastic)

listen mr. " true loyal spiderman fan".. if you were a real loyal fan then you would know that the ONLY reason they did organic webbing in the movie is because that was stan lee's first idea when he first created spiderman back in 1963. sam raimi thought it would be a good idea since stan lee first thought of that so it doesn't betray his character. and too all the other people out saying web shooters and home made webbing is unrealistic.. hello it's called fiction for a reason. how can you say web shooters and home made webbing are unrealistic.. getting spider powers so you can have the strength and speed poportianate to a spider isn't realistic either.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 01:13 AM
SpindelStrike is currently offline Click here to Send SpindelStrike a Private Message Find more posts by SpindelStrike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote