KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Spider-man movie should have been called manspider

Spider-man movie should have been called manspider
Started by: Mr Parker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kes
Philie

The non-sense theme still has to have some basic sense.
Yes a spider "bite" mutating cells to the point of a person crawling up walls and stuff is un-realistic but still it has some basis. Making webs at home doesnt.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 04:35 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beaujay1
!

I agree

Old Post Nov 29th, 2003 04:41 PM
beaujay1 is currently offline Find more posts by beaujay1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpindelStrike

quote:
Originally posted by Kes
The non-sense theme still has to have some basic sense.
Yes a spider "bite" mutating cells to the point of a person crawling up walls and stuff is un-realistic but still it has some basis. Making webs at home doesnt.

how can you say it doesn't have any basis? making a web shooter that shoots out a sticky like substance is actaully something someone could make wouldn't you agree. it's a prop that if someone payed enough money it's possible to be created. it wouldn't be used to swing from building to building or anything like that though. but an invention has more basic sense then getting spider powers instead of dieing from getting bit by a radioactive spider.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2003 12:10 AM
SpindelStrike is currently offline Click here to Send SpindelStrike a Private Message Find more posts by SpindelStrike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

If they had incoorperated parker discovering, and creating web formula that could be projected by a web shooter, that would have been the whole movie. There would have been parker developing, creating, and figuring out how exactly to use his web shooter. It would have taken away from the pace of the movie. It was one small thing that was changed, it was changed for the benefit,and enjoyment of the movie. If you diddnt like the movie, im sure even if they had included a web shooter, you still wouldnt have liked the film. If that is the only reason you diddnt like the movie then your pretty shallow.
In the comics Parker aquired his abilites from a spider. So if his brain chemistry can be altered or increased, along with super strength, and agility, it's not anymore unbelivable that he would also aquire spider webbing. THey still held true to the characters essence, and the action of the hero's, and thats what counts.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 06:53 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mailedbypostman
I'm just a messenger.

Wheres mr. paker? Too scared to face the angry TRUE FANS of Spiderman.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 02:39 AM
mailedbypostman is currently offline Click here to Send mailedbypostman a Private Message Find more posts by mailedbypostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

quote:
Originally posted by Kes
It would be stupid. Its to unbelievable (I know the whole spider thing is too).
This way its explain right along with the bite. Plus its a minor detail how can that ruin the franchise?

not near as incredibly stupid as organics are which totally betray his character. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 05:38 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

quote:
Originally posted by Kes
why are they gross and disgusting? All you see is a bit of web in his wrist?

body fluid being shot out of his body? yuck.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 05:39 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

quote:
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
the only thing i can say is big god damn deal, sam rami chose to by-pass the creation of web shooters and the web formula so he could focus time on other important aspects of spiderman. The movie was pretty much right out of the comics in every way. At first they were going to incoorperate the creat of web shooters. but the time thing came up so they chose against it. Had they done that the movie would have been longer and had less action to make up for the explanation of of how he created the formula to make a web. In the comics they never explained exactly where parker got the idea for his costumes. they hinted twords the fact when they would show him working on them in his room but never actually said where the idea came from. pele are just to mad about this movie because it is so much like the comic books and they look for any little thing they can that suggests other wise. Maybe you should calm down a bit and be thank full you have such a great comic movie adaptation and be thank full for it. it could have turned out like a batman travesty or dardevil mistake por even a fantastic four sin.

that is the biggest false statement of the year that the movie was right out of the comic books,for one,mary jane was NOTHING at all Like MJ,more closer to Gwen Stacy.and this wasnt the character of spider-man,spider-man is a guy with chemical shooters. roll eyes (sarcastic) no people are mad about this movie because it TOTALLY betrayed the character and the spidey myth's. roll eyes (sarcastic) it is NOT a great comicbook adaptation,its one of the WORST ever,not exen XMEN was as bad as this.it DID turn out like the batman travesty,and DAREDEVIL was a much better superious film.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 05:44 PM
Mr Parker

quote:
Originally posted by Hegemon875
I completely agree with you. These people go and watch this movie just so they can find any little thing wrong with it and complain. If spidey did have cartridges they would have found something else even dumber to complain about.

give me a freaking break,this movie looked like it was written by a 5 year old as I said over on my other thread.the story was horrible.if you want to see a good comicbook adaptation,look no further than daredevil.you want to see a horrible one,look at this film.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 05:46 PM
Mr Parker

quote:
Originally posted by carnage713
i can agree mr parker lay off the drugs u fu***** wierdo.

you lay off the drugs weirdo,you manspider fans got the most absurd logic,you cant distinguish spider-man from manspider or green goblin costume from power rangers outfit. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 05:47 PM
Mr Parker

quote:
Originally posted by SpindelStrike
listen mr. " true loyal spiderman fan".. if you were a real loyal fan then you would know that the ONLY reason they did organic webbing in the movie is because that was stan lee's first idea when he first created spiderman back in 1963. sam raimi thought it would be a good idea since stan lee first thought of that so it doesn't betray his character. and too all the other people out saying web shooters and home made webbing is unrealistic.. hello it's called fiction for a reason. how can you say web shooters and home made webbing are unrealistic.. getting spider powers so you can have the strength and speed poportianate to a spider isn't realistic either.

thanks for shooting down your own argument for me,the whole thing of spider-man is unbelievable,like that other guy said,you have to suspend your disbelief for the whole thing of spiderman because getting the powers of a spider is hust as much unrealistic as a kid creaing a fluid. Proove it that it was Stans idea back then.even if you can,Stan did say he was opposed to the idea of organics being in the movie when he first heard about it.

Last edited by Mr Parker on Dec 4th, 2003 at 05:58 PM

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 05:50 PM
Mr Parker

quote:
Originally posted by Zephonim
Manspider, you are not a pureist. You have moved far beyond that, you have moved well into the psychotic wierdo range.
No comic licensed movie has ever been portrayed as acuratley as they should have been. The organics were required because not all of the audience were people who have read the comics. They can't make Parker too much of an academic god like he was in the comics. It becomes too difficult to believe everything that happened in the comics could happen in real life. Comic fans are able to keep their disbelief suspended much longer because they have come to expect unbelievable things. They had to bridge the gap between movie goers and comic readers.
Yes the costume was a streach, yes the formula to make the goblin was a streach, but at a point it would have become riduculous. I am as big a fan of Spider-Man as anyone else, but you have to realize it wasn't a comicbook. It was a movie, and things have to change to attract, and keep an audience other than comic fans intersted.
Also, nothing in the movie is that far from the truth outside of the actaul turning into Spider-Man. There are projects in the scientific community that involve people trying to make people stronger and develop personal airplanes. A high school kid creating not only web shooters but also a fluid strong enough to hold up people and tram cars goes way to far in the real world. I was pissed at first too, I thought it was a horrible crime against humanity to change it, but you have to make concessions in areas.

no I am a purist who unlike you all cares about hollywood screwing up the spidey mythos my raping to deaht his character like they did,you all will accpet any kind of spiderman movie and are not true fans.the organics were NOT required at all,the whole thing of spider-man is unbelieveable.what drugs are you on?sorry but the chemical shooters are no more of a stretch than those other examples you mentioned.movie goers can also suspend their disbelief also,they know this is only fictional,ANYTHING goes,the organics wer done only becuse sony wanted to make their own little version.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 05:55 PM
Mr Parker

quote:
how can you say it doesn't have any basis? making a web shooter that shoots out a sticky like substance is actaully something someone could make wouldn't you agree. it's a prop that if someone payed enough money it's possible to be created. it wouldn't be used to swing from building to building or anything like that though. but an invention has more basic sense then getting spider powers instead of dieing from getting bit by a radioactive spider.

exactly,very well said.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 05:59 PM
Mr Parker

quote:
Originally posted by mailedbypostman
Wheres mr. paker? Too scared to face the angry TRUE FANS of Spiderman.

I thought this thread had died do thats why I been gone so long,and you manspider fans arent true fans because you all could care less if hollywood screws up the spidey mythos.thats why I am a true fan because I care and am not a manspider fan.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 06:01 PM
Kes
Philie

quote:

An invention by a kid at home?
The point is it would be for that...to swing from building to building.We are talking about 1 of natures most magnificent creation! Its way to unbelievable a kid could recreate that at home.
Radioactive mutations have been done over and over again.Its not that unbelievable.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 11:10 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Parker
body fluid being shot out of his body? yuck.
You are very sensitive lol wink

Old Post Dec 4th, 2003 11:12 PM
Mr Parker

So Kes,arent you going to reply to my other thread about the manspider movie,the one that reviewed it? by the way,just curious,since I seem to run into you the most on these boards,are you of the male or female variety?

Old Post Dec 5th, 2003 12:04 AM
Kes
Philie

lol I dont think I've seen the other thread.
I'm not a huge fan of either Spider-man nor the movie. I just never relly liked the make it at home theory.
I'm a female wink

Old Post Dec 6th, 2003 12:11 AM
Mr Parker

quote:
Originally posted by Kes
lol I dont think I've seen the other thread.
I'm not a huge fan of either Spider-man nor the movie. I just never relly liked the make it at home theory.
I'm a female wink

Hmmm,I thought you were one of those HUGE pro-organic fans who think the organics are great and that the chemical shooters should not have been there in the first place.You could have fooled me that your werent a huge fan of spider-man or the movie since your in this section a lot and I seem to have most my conversations with you about the organics. my other thread about the movie is in this section,not too hard to find.Yeah I figured you had to be female.The reason being females are less hostile over something like this than the males are and tend to stay away from the name calling more so than males do. smile

Old Post Dec 6th, 2003 08:12 PM
jinXed by JaNx

The web cartridges are just a minor aspect of spidermans character. The essence of the characters were there. This movie like the comics were a comming of age story. This means you have to start at a point to grow from. which the characters did. They were very different at the end of the movie than they were at the beggining. Mr parker you need to take your shallow standards and stop looking at what wasnt there, and look for what was there.

It pisses me off when i talk to spiderman fans, and they say they diddnt like the movie for some dumbass reason like, oh he diddnt have a web shooter, Oh that wasnt MJ he saved on the bridge it was gwen stacey. You know thats just bullshit. If you watched this movie expecting to see the movie as a perfect adaptation from the comic you dont have a brain. Comics are different for everyone, because the story is taking place in your mind, and it holds great suspense in page turning. Of course things are going to be different in a comic movie, you need to look at what was there though. Atleast it wasnt a travesty like the X-men.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2003 09:30 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote