KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Spider-man movie should have been called manspider

Spider-man movie should have been called manspider
Started by: Mr Parker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Hmmm,I thought you were one of those HUGE pro-organic fans who think the organics are great and that the chemical shooters should not have been there in the first place.You could have fooled me that your werent a huge fan of spider-man or the movie since your in this section a lot and I seem to have most my conversations with you about the organics. my other thread about the movie is in this section,not too hard to find.Yeah I figured you had to be female.The reason being females are less hostile over something like this than the males are and tend to stay away from the name calling more so than males do. smile
I only come into this thread. I'm never in this forum.
I think I saw it when you made it and it interested me smile
Well girls can be pretty rough too. Try going into the Johnny Depp thread and bashing him messed They will rip you apart laughing
Just an example, dont do it for really cos I'm the mod there and it would be a pain to calm them down.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2003 09:41 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

quote:
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
The web cartridges are just a minor aspect of spidermans character. The essence of the characters were there. This movie like the comics were a comming of age story. This means you have to start at a point to grow from. which the characters did. They were very different at the end of the movie than they were at the beggining. Mr parker you need to take your shallow standards and stop looking at what wasnt there, and look for what was there.

It pisses me off when i talk to spiderman fans, and they say they diddnt like the movie for some dumbass reason like, oh he diddnt have a web shooter, Oh that wasnt MJ he saved on the bridge it was gwen stacey. You know thats just bullshit. If you watched this movie expecting to see the movie as a perfect adaptation from the comic you dont have a brain. Comics are different for everyone, because the story is taking place in your mind, and it holds great suspense in page turning. Of course things are going to be different in a comic movie, you need to look at what was there though. Atleast it wasnt a travesty like the X-men.

That is NOT a shallow standard to have wanted a true representation of the character of spider-man on the screen instead of getting this phony neautered version of hollywoods we got.Unlike you,I care if hollywood screws up the character of spider-man like they did by making a stupid change like organics.Do I care that MJ was saved instead og Gwen? No,that did not bother me one bit.whats bullshit is organics being in this movie,it was pointless and stupid and is a misrepresentation of his character.where did I say I want a perfect adaptation? nowhere.For one thing I dont mind MJ being Petes frist love instead of Mj because that was a reasonable change,organics are NOT a reasonable change.get that through your skull!!!!!! roll eyes (sarcastic) and your wrong because it WAS a travesty like the xmen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Old Post Dec 6th, 2003 09:43 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zephonim

"it WAS a travesty like the xmen"? How?
Andgive up on the organics. They were changed, I am a b ig enough fan to look past those and see how great the movie was and how well it portrayed Spider-Man. Second best comic adaptation ever.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2003 11:15 PM
Zephonim is currently offline Click here to Send Zephonim a Private Message Find more posts by Zephonim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Oh please, more like one of the worst adaptations ever.The organics ARE a travesty.The movie was horrible.I already gave my reasons on my other thread why it was horrible.Believe me,it was a lot more than just the organics that make it a horrible movie even though the organics ARE a travesty. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Dec 7th, 2003 07:47 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Even thou they changed a few things in X-men I dont think it was a travesty.The changes that were made were necessary for the story and to make it an acceptable movie.
Ppl flying around tends to look pathetic, just look at the Matrix. Superman is the only 1 who is allowed to fly wink
Plus adapting 40 years of comics isnt easy!

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 05:21 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zephonim

We get it. You hated the movie. Great. So quit posting on two different threads about it. Go back to your closed in little world where everything has to exactly like you want it. Things change. Movies don't perfectly copy what happens in the comics. I posted to your other one and the only complaint you have that really stands up is the organics. GREAT! So don't watch the movie. Don't see the sequal. Stop reading the comics if you want. No big deal. Just quit trying to ruin the movie for people who enjoyed it. I love Spider-Man, best superhero ever. I love the comic enough to look past the imperfections in the movie to see what a great adaptation it was. I posted what I didn't like, but I can still enjoy the movie because I love the character enough.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 05:22 PM
Zephonim is currently offline Click here to Send Zephonim a Private Message Find more posts by Zephonim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Zephonim
We get it. You hated the movie. Great. So quit posting on two different threads about it. Go back to your closed in little world where everything has to exactly like you want it. Things change. Movies don't perfectly copy what happens in the comics. I posted to your other one and the only complaint you have that really stands up is the organics. GREAT! So don't watch the movie. Don't see the sequal. Stop reading the comics if you want. No big deal. Just quit trying to ruin the movie for people who enjoyed it. I love Spider-Man, best superhero ever. I love the comic enough to look past the imperfections in the movie to see what a great adaptation it was. I posted what I didn't like, but I can still enjoy the movie because I love the character enough. [/QUOTE

Well tell that to the others to stop posting on THIS thread so I wont have to reply here.Exactly the way I want it? there are thousands out there who hated the movie because of the organics because we care about a true representation of the character.I know many people that feel the same as I do who hated the movie because of the organics,they're just not on this message board like I am.yes I know things change,but I keep pointing out to you,the organics were pointless and stupid.SPIDER-MAN best superhero ever?Yeah but one of the worst comicbook adaptations also.great adaptation ,give me a break,it looked like it was written by a 5 year old.and this message board isnt just a site to come to just to talk about how great a film is,if you dont want me to point out how awful the film is,then dont read my posts,plain and simple. sad

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 07:23 PM
bakerboy

Please, man spider fans, stop to the betrayal and the unlogic . Mr Parker i right, that movie is stupid and a total betrayal for the comics. But you, man spider fans, are more and more absurd and unlogical in your posts. that movie isnt spider man , is man spider. Because spider man is a guy who is funny and make wisecrakings all the time, and is a guy who creatd his own fluid. The guy from the movie is only man spider.

The scene with peter creating his own fluid shouldnt be longer than 5 minutes or less. They could post it in the movie , but they only want to do his stupid version fo the character.

Who on hell could be a guy creating his own fluid unbelievle in a movie with a guy geting spider powers from a spider, sticking walls with boots and gloves, another guy getting super strenght drinking a formula and flying in a glider, a guy creating a high tech costume and drawing as a professional. That is ridiculous. All the things in the movie are as unbelievle as peter creating his web shooters. But you , man spider fans, only see what sony want to show you. You are only worried on seeing a movie with guy in a spider man costume. But that movie is only about MAN SPIDER. not spider man. Plain and simple.

John Lennon, Musical genius of all time

Helen Mirren and Julie Christie , most lovely british actresses of all time.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 08:46 PM
bakerboy is currently offline Click here to Send bakerboy a Private Message Find more posts by bakerboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

For the last time. The movie is about a guy that crawls up walls. Thats what it is about. The web thing would be to unbelivable. It would. The other is explain, the web isnt and could never be. Hell him making the costume is stupid enough.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 09:22 PM
Mr Parker

and for the last time with you.Its NOT a true representation of his character,its a misrepresentation and a lie.Do it right or dont do it at all.we want to see spider-man on the screen "NOT"MAN-SPIDER,and thats who we saw.Yes the costume WAS stupid,but thats just it.the costume and those other well made points he made are even more stupid than the mechanical shooters,they only didnt use the mechs because it was lazy film making.a costume change like what they did with the villains in daredevil is one thing,but to screw up the character and misrepresent him like they did,thats an entirely different and major thing. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Last edited by Mr Parker on Dec 8th, 2003 at 11:01 PM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2003 10:57 PM
Zephonim

It is in no way a misrepresentation of the character of Spider-Man. It is a misrepresentation of an aspect of Spider-Man's powers. I always loved the 'character' of Spider-Man, or the person behind the mask. That is what most Spidey fans are attracted to. Who Spider-Man is. The movis conveyed him perfectly (sans the wisecracking).

(P.S. I see two, prove to me that there are thousands who hated the movie.)

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 05:09 AM
Mr Parker

No matter what I say I probably wont be able to convince you that just because there are not thousands that come on the internet to talk about how much they hate the movie,doesnt mean they are not out there.For instance in the country bakerboy lives in,many of his friends he knows hate the organics in the movie.I have friends who also did not see the movie because of the organics.I know many people across the country who did not go see it because of that as do other online people I have spoken to who have said they and their friends did not go see the movie because of the organics or hated it like they knew they would because of them.regardless of what you may thing,those thousands ARE out there,they just dont come to the message boards is all. it IS a misrepresentation of him because thats NOT who he is? how damn hard can that be to understand???? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 05:49 PM
Zephonim

What's not who he is? Not having made the mechs? Because of that the movie was a total misrepresentation? No, the mechs were a part of his powers, not part of who he truly was. They made him just as smart in the movie as he was in the books, they just skipped the mechs. Everything else about Parker was perfect. It is the character of Parker that kept me kooked after I started reading. It was the character that kept most people reading.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 09:14 PM
Mr Parker

without the mechs,he only appeared to be an average smart student,we really saw nothing that demonstrated his genius.again,it misrepresents WHO he is and the spidey mythos.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 12:00 AM
Kes
Philie

Sigh Mr. Parker you just have to accept that certain things just dont look good on film.
You cant take a comic book character and everything he does in the comics and put it in a movie. It just doesnt work that way. Specially considering that the movie will be scene by lots of ppl that have never read the comics.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 12:04 AM
Zephonim

They did make him smart. They mention at the graduation that he won the science award, and he is given a job to work with Dr. Conners. He would have to be smart to get both of those.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 08:59 PM
Mr Parker

Smart yes,but none of that showed he was a genius.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 07:16 PM
Mr Parker

quote:
Originally posted by Kes
Sigh Mr. Parker you just have to accept that certain things just dont look good on film.
You cant take a comic book character and everything he does in the comics and put it in a movie. It just doesnt work that way. Specially considering that the movie will be scene by lots of ppl that have never read the comics.

Like I said before,the mechs were not used only because it was lazy film making,they werent even trying to put a great product out there.They knew they did not have to try because spider-man is such a popular icon figure,they knew it would make lots of money despite the fact that it would piss off thousands because they knew the kinds would get their parents to take them back mulitple times over and over again.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2003 07:18 PM
Zephonim

The mechs would not have worked. How were they supposed to explain that this kid in Queens had not only created a never before seen kind of substance in his bedroom, but also a never before seen kind of technology to use said substance? It doesn't work in a movie.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2003 01:00 AM
Mr Parker

quote:
Originally posted by Zephonim
The mechs would not have worked. How were they supposed to explain that this kid in Queens had not only created a never before seen kind of substance in his bedroom, but also a never before seen kind of technology to use said substance? It doesn't work in a movie.

This is hollywood we are talking about.It would have worked.He could have got the chemicals and equipment to create the fluid because of his access to equipment from doc connors lab.Never before seen technology? creating mechanical shooters isnt anything that a a genius would have much of a problem doing,its only fiction remember?Sure it can work in a movie,there are things in this movie that are far more unbelievable than that. roll eyes (sarcastic) sigh.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2003 09:12 PM