KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Vader's injuries

Vader's injuries
Started by: Darth Hater

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

Oh ok, thanx Lance.

So were Vader's legs in the OT mechanical??

Thanks Ben-Kenobi for the Sig!

Old Post Sep 20th, 2003 06:18 AM
Click here to Send Lyn a Private Message Find more posts by Lyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

At least one was.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2003 06:33 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Hater
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well Hater, I enjoyed reading what you have posted regardless of whether it's true or not, niiiiice

thanx a lot lyn

that's the reason why i posted it.to give people somethin good to read and somethin to think about.i had lots of fun readin it and letting my imagination go to work.

we have no idea whether it's true or false,so why not enjoy it.it's neither wrong,nor right.

the reason why it has EU stuff in it was because the guy did a lot of research.he has a lot of great stuff in there.he never says that its gonna be in the movie,but he was tryin to prove that its most likely that vader's injuries happen because of his fight with obie wan in a volcano environment

you and us all my man

Old Post Sep 20th, 2003 08:49 AM
Click here to Send Darth Hater a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Hater Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I thought it was informative.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2003 11:05 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

we dont know if Vaders legs were mechanichal in the OT

Old Post Sep 20th, 2003 02:26 PM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I believe if you freeze frame it when Vader is getting electrified you can see a mechanical leg, maybe it's just me.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2003 05:25 PM
Darth Hater
Restricted

Account Restricted

i hope maybe this can help you a lil bit lance

Evidence regarding the state of Lord Vader's legs is very scarce. Some men of his age have poor knees, yet Vader has great agility, a powerfully confident stride, and at least the capacity to kneel and stand easily. The good functioning of Vader's legs suggests two opposite explanations: that they are largely cybernetic replacements, or, at the opposite extreme, his legs may be intact and exceptionally fit for a man of his age. This possibility can't be dismissed out of hand, considering Lord Vader's general brawn and demonstrated athleticism.

However, in an interview with Bill Moyers in the 25 April 1999 issue of TIME, George Lucas gave an explicit and decisive statement of Lord Vader's general condition. Thus it appears that his legs and arms are indeed entirely artificial.

"Darth Vader was half machine, half man, and that's where he lost a lot of his humanity. He has mechanical legs. He has mechanical arms. He's hooked up to a breathing machine."

you and us all my man

Old Post Sep 20th, 2003 05:54 PM
Click here to Send Darth Hater a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Hater Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I'm right!

Old Post Sep 20th, 2003 06:04 PM
finti

george said and I quote "he is hooked up to a breathing machine he has mechanical arms and I think he has mechanichal legs too..." (in a filmed interview Man behinfd the myth that is)
meaning he havent made up his mind yet. Guessing that Vader do have at least one mechanichal leg.
What is this bullocks of men vader age have weak, or how did you put it poor knees????????? Vader is around 47 about the time he dies. So what you saying is men that age that are able to kneel have mechanical or is exceptionally fit? Most of the people I know are between 30 and 50 and none of them have problems kneeling at all so where does it leave them then?

Old Post Sep 20th, 2003 06:20 PM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

My dad is about Vader's age, and he doesn't have problems.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2003 06:20 PM
finti

must have mechanichal legs then roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Sep 20th, 2003 06:23 PM
LanceWindu

Yeah, because he's not physically fit.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2003 06:25 PM
Darth Hater
Restricted

Account Restricted

Some men of his age have poor knees, yet Vader has great agility, a powerfully confident stride, and at least the capacity to kneel and stand easily.

dont get carried away now guys

he just says "some"

not all

hey lance and finti,do the guys you know between 30-50 wear really heavy armor as vader does?

didnt think so

he's saying that even tho vader wore that heavy ass armor and was 47(men by that age start having problems with their joints.just part of old age), he was very agile and didnt seem to suffer problems other 40 year old men would that wore 100 pound armor.

you and us all my man

Last edited by Darth Hater on Sep 20th, 2003 at 06:41 PM

Old Post Sep 20th, 2003 06:34 PM
LanceWindu

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Hater
hey lance and finti,do the guys you know between 30-50 wear really heavy armor as vader does?

didnt think so

he's saying that even tho vader wore that heavy ass armor and was 47(men by that age start having problems with their joints.just part of old age), he was very agile and didnt seem to suffer problems other 40 year old men would that wore 100 pound armor.

Yes I know people that wear armor. laughing out loud

Actually the armor isn't heavy.

It's made os plasteel.

Which is a fusion of lightweight steel and plastics, so they are lightweight and durable, yet the same stuff is used for Stormtroopers and they are easily taken out with one shot.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2003 06:47 PM
finti

brass plates undies must be considered an armour

Old Post Sep 20th, 2003 06:50 PM
Darth Hater
Restricted

Account Restricted

but if other men his age were to wear it,they would have problems and wouldnt be as agile

you and us all my man

Old Post Sep 20th, 2003 06:51 PM
LanceWindu

Only because they are constricting and block full movement.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2003 06:54 PM
Darth Hater
Restricted

Account Restricted

Only because they are constricting and block full movement

exactly

yet vader was very agile

you and us all my man

Old Post Sep 20th, 2003 07:12 PM
LanceWindu

Because he still had the force as his ally.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2003 07:13 PM
Darth Hater
Restricted

Account Restricted

roll eyes (sarcastic)

you and us all my man

Old Post Sep 20th, 2003 07:16 PM