KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » One life goal complete, several more to go...

One life goal complete, several more to go...
Started by: JediOasis

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JediOasis
Better Man

One life goal complete, several more to go...

Last night at the Blossom Music Center in Cleveland, Ohio I was witness to the greatest rock 'n' roll band of all time. I can honestly say that Liam Gallagher is the best frontman in the history of rock 'n' roll. He was awesome, the whole band was great! Wow! What a great night! rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post May 27th, 2001 05:52 AM
JediOasis is currently offline Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Good you like Oasis, but in my mind they dont even rank as the best act number 100.
Keep it up though in time you learn to like other acts. big grin I used to love U2 like you love Oasis, but then came Achtung Baby and that was it. Deep Purple always gonna be my band.

Old Post May 27th, 2001 05:59 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

I can see it..after he graduates college JO is going to just take off and follow Oasis around the world. laughing out loud

Old Post May 27th, 2001 12:39 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Glad you had a great time JO. Can't agree on the greatest part though, but I guess that's a personal opinion to each individual.

Old Post May 27th, 2001 01:52 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Happy you enjoyed it, JO.. I'm still looking forward to Clapton on Wednesday night...

Old Post May 27th, 2001 08:35 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

*jealous*

Old Post May 27th, 2001 08:41 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Sorry, RC. You'll just have to wait your turn.

Old Post May 27th, 2001 09:11 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Don't worry, I'm not some weirdo who tries to invite himself along. laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

Old Post May 27th, 2001 09:25 PM
queeq
Chaos

JO, good for you dude. Happy to hear it was all you expected... and more even.

Old Post May 28th, 2001 12:35 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

You can't beat that Live Concert feeling.

Old Post May 28th, 2001 01:05 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I don't think you can abandon U2 just because of Achtung Baby... Zooroopa had some great tracks...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 28th, 2001 02:27 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Yeah, I mean, I'm no massive fan of their's but everything they have released as a single in their career I have enjoyed.

Old Post May 28th, 2001 02:33 AM
Gundark
Mayhem

Me too. I'd go see them in concert for sure.

Old Post May 28th, 2001 02:38 AM
JediOasis
Better Man

Yeah, they are a great band, one of Noel Gallagher's favorites rolling on floor laughing But I really like their new album. You can't blame them for being a little experimental. Radiohead is doing it and everyone things its brilliant when in reality their new sound is the worst thing in music today, worst than even 'Nsync, just plain awful. Anyways, U2 is good, another good band is Ocean Colour Scene

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post May 28th, 2001 05:15 AM
JediOasis is currently offline Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Well I dont like anything U2 has put out since Achtung baby. All the stuff before I really love, but from AB and then on didnt kick it for me.

Old Post May 30th, 2001 11:34 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

Have you heard their new stuff? Its more like their older albums.

-Noel Gallagher

Old Post May 31st, 2001 03:13 AM
finti

Then I have to listen to it, I dont watch MTV or VH-1 too much unless they have a rocumentary on(VH-1). One new song I like though is Crazy Town`s Butterfly. Its an old Red Hot Chilie Pepper tune, they just made new lyrics too it, probably the reason I like it so much. "Come my baby come come my baby butterfly sugar baby." Normally I hate it when they steal melodies using own lyrics, but this one is actually cool.

Old Post May 31st, 2001 11:59 AM
Ratcat

There's a lot of stuff around I enjoy right now that is outside of my normal likings.

Crazy Town in one of them, and Limp Bizkit (sp??) - Rollin' spring to mind as two.

But of course, the R & B sound is still my big fav...

Old Post May 31st, 2001 02:40 PM
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Saw Oasis a couple of years ago with Travis supporting them in Birminham - absoltue class. Also saw Ocean Colour Scene - tip top also. If you want live-action though you can't beat something crazy like Megadeth , Metalica, Rage Against the Machine etc. Not my favourite type of stuff, but if you wanna mosh till you drop then there is no comparison. cool

Old Post Jun 4th, 2001 05:23 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Edna Witch
Magic

Well you haven't lived until ou have seen REM live at Earl's court! The whole crowd singin Man on the moon without accompanyment now THAT was music to my ears!

"This Party's Over" -Mace Windu, epII

Old Post Jun 5th, 2001 10:22 PM
Edna Witch is currently offline Click here to Send Edna Witch a Private Message Find more posts by Edna Witch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote