KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Machines will take over!!

Machines will take over!!
Started by: Clavis

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Clavis
HOT

ow sorry sife ( can I call you sife ) I'm from Scotland and there it is almost only used for men you see have a banana============> Happy Dance

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 07:12 PM
Clavis is currently offline Click here to Send Clavis a Private Message Find more posts by Clavis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Sifer> Well, you’re stating. Prove your point. Why is the entire human race arrogant? Are you? Do you feel contempt against the weak.

Red Texas> I don’t think we’ll experience communication problems here big grin

Clavis> Which God?!? Ah, nevermind.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 07:13 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-=Urot=-
-=GET_TWISTED=-

quote:
Originally posted by clavis9495
There is!!! God designed the world (according to the bible) for every creature to live in peace with the other
By killing them you interpreted it very different....

HA! As long as the Religious Right Winged Conservatives have any say, we will never have genetic changes or enhancements added to the human form.

Due to them being so afraid of the "Mark Of The Beast" witten in the Bible.

Now if God really created the world so everyone could live in peace, tell me why he/she shows favoritism towards Israel?

What makes them so much better than everyone else on the planet?

Oh I forgot they (The Jews) wrote the bible so I guess that makes their statement true. roll eyes (sarcastic)

We are all of one blood. We are all Human. We should all be treated as equals in God's sight.

Now I can see why we dont really talk about politics or religion in here.

*** Urot Walks away shaking his head. ***

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 07:14 PM
-=Urot=- is currently offline Click here to Send -=Urot=- a Private Message Find more posts by -=Urot=- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Texas
Fighting Agent Capitalism

Oy Vey, I hate discussing the bible, but to hit on some of those things:

(1)Mark of the beast: The number 666 translated from revbalation's original language(as you know, the letters are numbers, and vise versa), ACTUALLY means "Nero Caesar," the persecutor of christians. It was a common superstition at the time that Nero would rise agains to once again bring opression to christianity...

(2)Israel/Jews/Blah: The "old testament" is nothing more than a collection of parables, and tribal law, no one, not even the Jews, take it literally(even if some of the more extremem christians say they do). The New Testament is a collection of parables and stories supposedly said by Jesus, and the "rumor effect" of Jesus's holiness...

and, Omega,

It seems we do agree alot smile

you go to work. When you go to Church. When you pay your taxes.
It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you
from the truth.

Last edited by Red Texas on Sep 21st, 2003 at 07:26 PM

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 07:24 PM
Red Texas is currently offline Click here to Send Red Texas a Private Message Find more posts by Red Texas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

Urot> Hey, whats wrong with Religious Right-wing Conservatives, Really? Im just joking, i know people think of us as Religious freaks. um, about the "mark of the Beast"...I cant speak for everyone, but im pretty sure that the Mark of the Beast wont have any relevance while im alive, so im not too worried about that...Also, Omega, The human race is collectively "arrogant", in that we are mostly zenophobic and are contestive to the point of absurdity...but really, can we stop this thread, or move it, cause i know there are people who are gonna get upset if we continue this discussion...and now is time for the Banana King...
Happy Dance

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 07:49 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Texas
Fighting Agent Capitalism

quote:
Urot> Hey, whats wrong with Religious Right-wing Conservatives, Really? Im just joking, i know people think of us as Religious freaks. um, about the "mark of the Beast"...I cant speak for everyone, but im pretty sure that the Mark of the Beast wont have any relevance while im alive, so im not too worried about that...

It never will, save to excite a few Pat Robertbots into kill mode

quote:
Also, Omega, The human race is collectively "arrogant", in that we are mostly zenophobic and are contestive to the point of absurdity...but really, can we stop this thread, or move it, cause i know there are people who are gonna get upset if we continue this discussion...and now is time for the Banana King...

Again, xenophobia isn't some natural trait in the human genome, so that argument is poop smile

I love that banana smilie! Happy Dance

you go to work. When you go to Church. When you pay your taxes.
It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you
from the truth.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 07:52 PM
Red Texas is currently offline Click here to Send Red Texas a Private Message Find more posts by Red Texas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

alright, ill give you that, i concede...Banana King... Happy Dance

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 08:10 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

quote:
Originally posted by The Omega
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/154545.stm
http://www.kevinwarwick.org/

I don't know if it means "mankind" is going anywhere but forward. We alreday use glasses, contact lenses, hearing aid, artifical limbs. If merging with machines make us better, why worry?

Well I dunno, I have enough of a problem with breast implants. If a young lady whipped out some metal boobies in my face, man I'd freak! It's just not natural in my opinion. Only under certain circumstances should people be allowed to merge machine with flesh. If this is the wave of the future people need to have sense enough to use this technology with some propriety. Of course they won't and next thing you know, we'll have armies of 8 ft tall super androids with 20 mm gatling cannons for arms walking around claiming dominion over all life on the planet. Or worse, we might have another Michael Jackson on our hands no

Last edited by GABRIEL05 on Sep 21st, 2003 at 09:47 PM

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 09:44 PM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

(Runs in waving arms frantically) Just keep it civil, fellow forumites. Please. And please don’t generalise too much. It’ll lead to an awful mess in… less time than it takes to boil an egg. There are aetheists and believers, people on both sides of the political spectrum, so...

Yes... Happy Dance

JediHDM> I beg to differ. Xenophobia is, unfortunately, a tool, a scapegoat, (ab)used with horrific results in Nazi-Germany as an example. Humankind is not born thinking skin-colour matters in the slightest. That is a fairly new “invention” in human history. You must view mankind is you see him/her today, in the context of society. It’s hard to wear dialectic glasses when looking on ones own culture, but it is necessary.

Gabe> “It's just not natural in my opinion. ”But what IS natural?? We live in houses, drive motorised metal-shells, take pills, write things to people on the other side of the globe on smart machines called computers.
I must admit that the genetic future, with it’s pills against EVERYTHING, fatness, ugliness, small breasts, small muscles, and enhancements in the brain-department and longevity, makes we think of “Brave New World.”

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 10:25 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
audioheem

i agree with sifer

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 10:29 PM
audioheem is currently offline Click here to Send audioheem a Private Message Find more posts by audioheem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

omega> i concede, i concede...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 21st, 2003 10:43 PM
tshirt

quote:
Originally posted by -=Urot=-
Now if God really created the world so everyone could live in peace, tell me why he/she shows favoritism towards Israel?

How does God show favoritism towards Israel?
By killing 6 million jews in WWII? By having them persecuted for 100s of years? By giving them a homeland where suicide bombers kill people almost every week?

If there is a god, he isn't favoring any religon or nationality. History has show mass killings or persecution for all. Millions of Russians killed in their civil wars. The Japenese had two atomic bombs dropped on them. Idi Amin killed 100 of thousands if not millions of his own country men. Africa as a whole had to deal with the whole slave thing. This list could go on forever.

quote:

Oh I forgot they (The Jews) wrote the bible so I guess that makes their statement true. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Every religon believes their version of the bible (or equivalent writings) is the true writing. Is the Lutheran version any more or less true, because Martin Luther posted 95 Theses on the Wittenberg Castle Church's door? What about Joseph Smith's vision that created Mormons?
No, wait, is the true writings those from Scientology? After all a failing science fiction writer wrote them.

If you get anything from these movies, shouldn't it be that you need to open up your eyes and take a good unbiased view, instead of just believing two bit theory that gets thrown in front of you?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 01:11 AM
tshirt is currently offline Click here to Send tshirt a Private Message Find more posts by tshirt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tshirt

quote:
Originally posted by -=Urot=-

How does God show favoritism towards Israel?
By killing 6 million jews in WWII? By having them persecuted for 100s of years? By giving them a homeland where suicide bombers kill people almost every week?

If there is a god, he isn't favoring any religon or nationality. History has show mass killings or persecution for all. Millions of Russians killed in their civil wars. The Japenese had two atomic bombs dropped on them. Idi Amin killed 100 of thousands if not millions of his own country men. Africa as a whole had to deal with the whole slave thing. Iran and Iraq dealt with "ethnic cleansing" on numerous occasions - that's nice talk for slaughtering the men, women and children who happen to not be the same religon of ruling party. This list could go on forever.

quote:

Every religon believes their version of the bible (or equivalent writings) is the true writing. Is the Lutheran version any more or less true, because Martin Luther posted 95 Theses on the Wittenberg Castle Church's door? What about Joseph Smith's vision that created Mormons?
No, wait, is the true writings those from Scientology? After all a failing science fiction writer wrote them.

If you get anything from these movies, shouldn't it be that you need to open up your eyes and take a good unbiased view, instead of just believing every two bit theory that gets thrown in front of you?

Start using your brain instead of being a brainwashed lemming.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 01:15 AM
tshirt is currently offline Click here to Send tshirt a Private Message Find more posts by tshirt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clavis
HOT

Omega pleeeeeezzzzzz you can call god the architect aswell you know what I mean!!! A banana will cheer you up =====> Happy Dance

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 02:23 PM
Clavis is currently offline Click here to Send Clavis a Private Message Find more posts by Clavis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
happy kine
mirth maker

machines may in fact be the next step in evolution... and i do think we are arrogant in one respect... we seem to think we are the pinnacle of evolution.
as far as incorparating machines with flesh, i'd like to know where i sign up... maybe i can get a machine waste disposal unit rather then this crappy flesy broken down digestive system that doesn't like the abuse i like to put it through. if i could put a computer chip in my head to make me smarter, faster and\or stronger i pry would.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 04:57 PM
happy kine is currently offline Click here to Send happy kine a Private Message Find more posts by happy kine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

tsk tsk tsk. See what I'm talking about. Whether your kidding or not, there are people out there who would abuse the power to no extent. And that is scary to me. There should be some measure of control. Of course I'm probably being paranoid, after all, people said the telephone would cause people to have no human contact.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 07:17 PM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tshirt

quote:
Originally posted by happy kine
machines may in fact be the next step in evolution... and i do think we are arrogant in one respect... we seem to think we are the pinnacle of evolution.
as far as incorparating machines with flesh, i'd like to know where i sign up... maybe i can get a machine waste disposal unit rather then this crappy flesy broken down digestive system that doesn't like the abuse i like to put it through. if i could put a computer chip in my head to make me smarter, faster and\or stronger i pry would.

I don't know. It doesn't seem to me that as a whole the human race is arrogant with respect to evolution, the fusion of man and machine or the other medical breakthroughs. Look at the (generally) the world's reaction to cloning as being morally wrong. The fact that very few people want to cyrogenically freeze their bodies so they can be brought back to life in the future, and so forth. Sure, there are some people for which these are things they would like to do/try, but I don't think it is anything but a small minority.

Most of the medical improvements and devices seem to be more about correcting an accident or disease than turning man into machine. (Pacemakers, artificial hips, methods to help the blind see, the mute talk, etc. ) Sure, you can argue that cosmetic surgery doesn't do this, but the flip is that this treatment will help correct a mental feeling of inadequacy.

I haven't seen anything where people are having limbs removed to put on a stronger arm or anything like that.

And I do not think we are at the pinnacle of evolution.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 08:01 PM
happy kine
mirth maker

quote:
Originally posted by tshirt

I haven't seen anything where people are having limbs removed to put on a stronger arm or anything like that.

because they can't as of yet.

quote:
Most of the medical improvements and devices seem to be more about correcting an accident or disease than turning man into machine. (Pacemakers, artificial hips, methods to help the blind see, the mute talk, etc. ) Sure, you can argue that cosmetic surgery doesn't do this, but the flip is that this treatment will help correct a mental feeling of inadequacy.

it is only the beginning. if someone is willing to have surgery for vanity then they will most certainly have surgery to be more machine if it gives them an advantage of some kind.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 08:26 PM
happy kine is currently offline Click here to Send happy kine a Private Message Find more posts by happy kine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
icansee
Furious Angel 2

Humans are controlled by the nervous system and also endocrine system. So in real life the machines cannot completely take control of us.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 08:27 PM
icansee is currently offline Click here to Send icansee a Private Message Find more posts by icansee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-=Urot=-
-=GET_TWISTED=-

quote:
Start using your brain instead of being a brainwashed lemming.

*** Tshirt insulting comments are not needed in here. wink ***

Now I could debate with you all day long about your previous post, but I choose not too. This is not the place for that.

quote:
If you get anything from these movies, shouldn't it be that you need to open up your eyes and take a good unbiased view, instead of just believing every two bit theory that gets thrown in front of you?

My view is unbiased. I was just stating that we (Humans) are of the same blood. I guess you missed my point. Tshirt before you fly off the handle again I think you should really think about what you are going to say before you say it. Also it is a must that you fully understand another persons point of view before making a snap judgement about what they are talking about.

Now as far as God showing favoritism towards Israel. I never stated that was my belief. I was really addressing the zelots of this world, mainly the extreme zionist sects (did I really have to spell it out for you?).

Zi·on·ism
(z-nzm) n.

A Jewish movement that arose in the late 19th century in response to growing anti-Semitism and sought to reestablish a Jewish homeland in Palestine. Modern Zionism is concerned with the support and development of the state of Israel.

(It would be nice if you took a look at these two sites.)

http://www.allianceforlifelonglearn...estine2K2.shtml

http://www.palestinehistory.com/palst.htm#01

Without britain and the U.N. there would be no Jewish state.

Also Israel is about the size of New Jersey and without the backing of the U.S. and Britain, that nation would fall.

Tshirt you stated that I trust every two bit theory that gets thrown in front of me.

Trust me I don't.

I try my best to look at all sides of the story. I hope you would do the same.

*** Now are we done having this conversation? ***

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Last edited by -=Urot=- on Sep 22nd, 2003 at 09:08 PM

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2003 08:39 PM
-=Urot=- is currently offline Click here to Send -=Urot=- a Private Message Find more posts by -=Urot=- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote