KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Moggy's musical amnesty

Moggy's musical amnesty
Started by: mechmoggy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Moggy's musical amnesty

After contributing to RC's music thread I realised that we all just admit to the music we think is cool. But we've all got skeletons in our cupboards (if thats where your cd collection is).

Admit to your past musical purchasing mitakes so we can all mock the afflicted.

I confess to owning both "rabbit" by chas and dave eek! along with the mighty "china in your hands" by T'pau embarrasment. Judge me not by these errors of judgement I was very very young.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2001 02:33 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I fon't mind admitting to buying the following.

Bridge of Spies - T'Pau
Every Michael Jackson album since Off the Wall
Kylie - The First album she released call Kylie

Old Post Jul 21st, 2001 03:41 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

laughing out loud RC keeps on digging laughing out loud I must admitt I bought Wasp Live back in 1989 not a good move...

[ July 21, 2001: Message edited by: finti ]

Old Post Jul 21st, 2001 07:09 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

My CDs reside under my bed. Does that count? smokin'

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2001 01:12 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I think Edna should post here...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2001 03:27 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

To be honest, I am not ashamed of any of the music I bought now or then. I but what I like at the time, musical tastes change. All of those albums spent some time at the top of the album chart so I definately wasn't alone in buying them.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2001 03:40 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Yeah, but we hide the pap at the back of the collection, eh?

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2001 06:27 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

my cd`s are side by side in a row of 15 in each compartment. And I dont by crap on CD, the wasp insident was vinyl.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2001 06:33 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RED DRAGON

I must confess my sins and accept punishment - although it pains me greatly to admit this ............. I have a Michael Bolton cd amongst my collection. Forgive me, I was young!

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2001 06:40 PM
RED DRAGON is currently offline Click here to Send RED DRAGON a Private Message Find more posts by RED DRAGON Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

In my defence I bought Linkin Parks Hybrid theory yesterday. But how cool does a band have to be to counter-act chas & dave? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2001 06:42 PM
RED DRAGON

A band can NEVER be that cool to cancel out chas n dave - what were you thinking? confused

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2001 06:45 PM
RED DRAGON is currently offline Click here to Send RED DRAGON a Private Message Find more posts by RED DRAGON Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit

ooh hours of fun for all the family. laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2001 06:47 PM
RED DRAGON

Bet you don't have The Glory of Love by Peter Cetera, now that's CLASS!! smokin'

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2001 06:57 PM
Ratcat

Samantha Fox, can't even remember the name of the album.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2001 11:29 PM
finti

HELP Michael Bolton eek! man is he terrible.
And why did you by Sam Fox RC not for her music abilities. " Touch me I wanna feel your body" groose, puke, barfomania.
This will be a day long remembered Sam Fox and Michael Bolton mention in postings the same day.....

Old Post Jul 24th, 2001 01:13 AM
Edna Witch
Magic

Oh thanks Ush!

Actually I have already admitted to buying the hanson album. What else do we have here? Ah yes!

Take That - on tape
Michael Jackson - Earth song
Barry White
Jimmy Nail

And if I dont say this then Ush will say it for me no doubt. I have to admit to having very impaired judgement for a couple of months at the age of twelve and yes I own Two Spice Girls Singles. There we go I have said it now ridicule all you want. I was twelve! It's not my fault! I blame it totally on peer pressure of course!

"This Party's Over" -Mace Windu, epII

Old Post Jul 24th, 2001 02:45 AM
Edna Witch is currently offline Click here to Send Edna Witch a Private Message Find more posts by Edna Witch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Barry White? That's not a bad think, the big BW is a Soul GOD!!!!!

Actually Finti, Sam Fox does absolutely NOTHING for me. Never did. Dunno why, but I found her repulsive. Yeah, she was an average looking girl, with big boobs, but not my type.

Not big on the whole topless model thing. Not for any moralistic reasons, just too "in your face" for me. Much prefer a woman with a sexy wardrobe than no wardrobe at all.

Sexy not equaling slutty or kinky BTW.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2001 02:51 AM
finti

This is one of my points, they sell music because they have been a page 3 girl or because they are good looking an play on sex.
Madonna does this but she makes good music, the rest are just copycats that sucks musically. Britanny Spears, Jennifer Lopez and so on.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2001 01:31 PM
Ratcat

I have a BIG problem with teen pop stars, specifically the way there image is built up as sex symbols.

What is basically being done is to sell and image of something that is illegal. Now I know they never actually go over the line, but how old was BS when they made that "Hit me Baby one more time"? 16?

Not sure about the US, but I do know that in the UK 16 is not the age of personal determination for sexual acts, it's 17.

Two words, Jail Bait. I bet all the pediphiles loved it!

Old Post Jul 24th, 2001 01:40 PM
finti

The legal age in Norway is 16 and 15 for Sweden and Denmark. BS actually got her breast larger when she was around 18. Kind of horrible due to the fact that a body may develope until the age of 23-24. After this the body wont growand any further. There must be a reason she wanted bigger breast at so young age, and the reason is to sell more records. So sad sad that people fall for this, I always thought the meaning of music is to listen not to look. confused sad

[ July 24, 2001: Message edited by: finti ]

Old Post Jul 24th, 2001 01:56 PM