KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » PG-13 Horror movies suck !

PG-13 Horror movies suck !
Started by: Pablo G

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Pablo G
Coolest Beaner Around

PG-13 Horror movies suck !

Read the topic, Ring is the only kinda cool one but the rest suck.

"You can get further with a kind word and a gun, than just a kind word" - Al Capone

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2003 03:56 AM
Pablo G is currently offline Click here to Send Pablo G a Private Message Find more posts by Pablo G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

poltergiest is pretty good, killer klowns is cool, TCM would be rated pg 13 had it been made when that rating existed....

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2003 03:58 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

ring wasn't cool. but killer klowns and tcm were.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2003 04:24 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grymlock
mountain of power

emmmm pg-13 ... like i care!!.. as long it's a good movie that's fare enough for me... drink peace..
cheers mate!! beer

- master of creator Godshinto

"In Darkness Everything Become Clearer Then Daylight" - King Diamond

"From Lashes To Ashes, From Lust To Dust" - Ville Valo (HIM)

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2003 11:17 AM
grymlock is currently offline Click here to Send grymlock a Private Message Find more posts by grymlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

the ring was rated pg 13 that is nuts they did alot of shit in that that would make it R didnt they well i forgot but ne way if it is a good movie then yeah i will watch it but i really cant recall ne movies that were horror being pg 13 but a reeeaaallllyyyy great movie wich was Hellraiser one had to cut out 18 minutes to get a R rating so wow

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2003 04:34 PM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

The Ring was pretty tame...............no sex, no gore, no violence........little foul language. Showing a quick shot of a withered body is not gory or violent. Still decent I guess.........

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2003 10:20 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bjn74
THE BURNINATOR

Poltergeist was PG,,not pg-13..no big deal..A horror movie is not supposed to be pg-13 people...but ,,The Others is good(not really horror),,and thats about it... evil face

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2003 10:43 PM
bjn74 is currently offline Click here to Send bjn74 a Private Message Find more posts by bjn74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

the others sucked i hated that movie just plain out horribel a good pg 13 movie was the sixth sense i thought

Old Post Sep 24th, 2003 03:09 AM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pablo G
Coolest Beaner Around

Yeah but those aren't really horror, they're psychological thrillers.

"You can get further with a kind word and a gun, than just a kind word" - Al Capone

Old Post Sep 24th, 2003 03:10 AM
Pablo G is currently offline Click here to Send Pablo G a Private Message Find more posts by Pablo G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

very true at that but non the less u will find them in the horror section at blockbuster wont u i think u will

Old Post Sep 24th, 2003 03:13 AM
slayer
Horror Fan

god american movies sure r strict horror movies used 2 always be r now their always m or ma even freddy v jason would be is ma15+ and any1 can still get into that if halloween was released now it would be m

Old Post Sep 24th, 2003 08:53 AM
slayer is currently offline Click here to Send slayer a Private Message Find more posts by slayer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

I think a good psychological thriller is basically a horror movie when done right.

One could argue that movies like The Omen, The Excorsist, Lord of Illusions, The Ring, In the Mouth of Madness, etc. are nothing more than psychological thrillers in which people die.

Horror is fear........let's not confuse this with the sub-genre of "slasher" movies. If we do this then the only horror movies left that aren't slasher flicks are zombie movies.........and even most of those you could classify as psychological thrillers if you wished to.....Night of the Living Dead being the best example.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2003 08:28 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

night of the lviing dead was a great horror movie i mean no pointless slashing no dumb ass plot like a bunch of kids go up to a camp drink have sex and get killed it was a well thought out movie just like the newer pshcolgic thillers such as silence of the lambs and the sixth sense

Old Post Sep 24th, 2003 09:05 PM