KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » June Birthdays

June Birthdays
Started by: Gundark

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ratcat

To Finti - That is my dream. smile

To Gundy - I hate to say this, but a lot of the time I think it is the latter. If you haven't got time for your own children, then who do you have time for?

Old Post Jun 8th, 2001 04:37 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Good point. cool

Old Post Jun 9th, 2001 12:52 AM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I kinda thought so. big grin

Old Post Jun 9th, 2001 01:28 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

Hmm...there goes my birthday present... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jun 9th, 2001 03:09 AM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Pardon? sad

Old Post Jun 9th, 2001 03:52 AM
Raz
Meister

Admin

Sorry about that....I was just being arrogant.

I do think PC's can play in an important role in a childs development (as RC has shown), although a mixture of books and computers would be ideal IMHO OC.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2001 04:15 AM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
keokiswahine
Confusion

RC, you're doing right. Hands on with your child together on the computer plus reading time, for if a child doesn't have reading skills, he/she won't be able to advance on the computer either. It's all the difference in the world. You, too, queeq, lots of time with the kids makes learnng fun. We did that with our two boys, made all the difference in the world. And, watch their body language as they read out loud and do the computer stuff. smile

Old Post Jun 9th, 2001 11:04 AM
keokiswahine is currently offline Click here to Send keokiswahine a Private Message Find more posts by keokiswahine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Well, in that sense you are lucky RC. There are not many good Dutch packages in learning. The market for English speaking kids is so much larger. But there is some stuff out there. We got some basic things for the PC, like a CD-Rom where stories are being read out loud and stuff. But for the learning stuff, Liam first needs to get used to handling a mouse, he hasn't got precise motoric abilities to pinpoint it. So off to find a good package.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2001 01:21 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

True, I never thought of that. Most of the packages Ben uses have an American accent as well, I can only think on one that is made in the UK. smile

It was fun, teaching Ben to use the mouse. I guess also that I'm fortunate in that we have so many PCs in the house, if I only had the one I'm not sure I would have been so keen to let Ben on it.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2001 02:27 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

Actually June is the only month out of the whole year where neither anybody in Tommy's family or mine has birthdays. (tries in desperation to save topic for Raz, as Gundy once again is the only one who really knows what is going on) Hehehe. rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Jun 10th, 2001 12:25 AM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

We've got two computers and a laptop. But we don't really like him to get accustomed to the computer. He's already quite pissed when he doesn't get his way. So both computer and tv are only applied in careful doses. But as for books, he cannot get enough of them. Just like his brother who is now one year old.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2001 01:50 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Bens the same, he loves to read. His favorites right now are what he calls "Information books" (Reference books to you and me)... Unfortunately ended up being asked some questions that I wasn't expecting just yet.

He brought home "Lifecycle of the Snail" and when he got to the bit about reproduction, he eanted top know what Mating was. He didn't like the idea of two snails "loving each other very much" so in the end I just gave up and give him the biology of it.

So, next thing was "Is that how you and Mummy made the baby?" laughing out loud

And now he knows......

Old Post Jun 10th, 2001 02:41 AM
queeq
Chaos

He knows you and mommy are snails? laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 10th, 2001 02:57 AM
Ratcat

Some thing like that.... wink

Old Post Jun 10th, 2001 03:02 AM
queeq
Chaos

How... romantic.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2001 03:07 AM
Ratcat

You ever seen two snails doing it? They certainly know how to snuggle! eek!

Old Post Jun 10th, 2001 03:22 AM
Raz
Meister

Admin

Can't say that I have...

Old Post Jun 10th, 2001 03:25 AM
queeq
Chaos

Can't say I want to. laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 10th, 2001 03:30 AM
keokiswahine
Confusion

snuggling snails. cool laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 10th, 2001 04:43 AM
keokiswahine is currently offline Click here to Send keokiswahine a Private Message Find more posts by keokiswahine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Yeah, well I guess you have to be a snail. big grin

Old Post Jun 10th, 2001 06:13 AM