KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » UK election

UK election
Started by: finti

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Edna Witch
Magic

OK when I said the Euro I actually meant theEU as a whole. i was thinking more about the job market actually. I'm not a please save the pound person. Couldnt give a damn about the currency but do care about the job market and if we join the EU then I trully believe that the brits will lose out there.

"This Party's Over" -Mace Windu, epII

Old Post Jun 8th, 2001 03:31 AM
Edna Witch is currently offline Click here to Send Edna Witch a Private Message Find more posts by Edna Witch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, I kind of guessed you mewnt the whole thing. It is still a VERY complex subject. But the job market is pretty much blown open already; stopping the globlisation drive is beyond the cpacity of anyone country, or perahps beyond anyone at all.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 8th, 2001 03:33 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

Sorry finti...I missed the " roll eyes (sarcastic) ".

According to the exit polls...its another Labour landslide.

Ushgarak, I KNEW you would vote for the Torys...very predictable.

And no-one answered my question...do you really think the Torys would do a better job than Labour??

Old Post Jun 8th, 2001 03:35 AM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Edna Witch
Magic

I dont know but quite frankly can they really do much worse?

Old Post Jun 8th, 2001 03:38 AM
Edna Witch is currently offline Click here to Send Edna Witch a Private Message Find more posts by Edna Witch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Don't assume to predict me, Raz, it was a damn close thing.

I don't see why they wouold do any worse per se. I'm not certain if the current Tory party would bring in the sort of legislation I would like. Maybe in a few years, though, when they are less badly focused.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 8th, 2001 03:38 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

Ush I knew from the start you would vote Torys....you're that kind of guy.

Anyway Labour haven't done as bad as the previous administration.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2001 03:43 AM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I am absolutley not that kind of guy, Raz, and that is a very hasty and incorrect assumption. I loathe the Tories in all sorts of ways. I am a long way from a traditional Tory voter.

Sometimes, though, you have to do these things.

BtVS

Old Post Jun 8th, 2001 03:45 AM
Edna Witch
Magic

Hmmm General eleaction. An exciting and close race? Are you sure this is the general election you are talking about Finti? That's not exactly how I would describe it.

I'm about to pop next door and vote myself. Don't have a clue who for. I know nowt about politics. I'm just a dumb 18 year old. I'll probably vote conservative though as I don't think we should join the Euro and Lib Dem are even more Left wing than Labour. Not that I know what I am talking about at all. It just sounds impressive. And Ush will be impressed that I did a little, though minimal, research since he last saw me!

Old Post Jun 8th, 2001 04:01 AM
Ratcat

Can anyone say Landslide? sad

Old Post Jun 8th, 2001 04:28 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

ehh does the word irony roing a bell? wink

Old Post Jun 8th, 2001 04:35 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

Yes....I can....

LANDSLIDE smile

Old Post Jun 8th, 2001 04:35 AM
Ratcat

Very good. But you do realise that the lefties will have you saying it in Flemish soon......

Old Post Jun 8th, 2001 04:38 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Blimey, the Lib Dems are ahead of the Tories right now! Won't last, of course, but it is funny to see.

Well, I guess Hague is on the way out.

BtVS

Old Post Jun 8th, 2001 04:41 AM
Ratcat

I love the way that all the presenters are trying to get any member of the tory party tp say that Hague will go.

It's obvious that tonight of all nights they will tow the party line. Tomorrow morning may be a diffeent story of course. evil face

Old Post Jun 8th, 2001 04:44 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Question is, who is brave enough to lead a party even WEAKER than it was? Portillo et al were all waiting for the party to be re-built first...

BtVS

Old Post Jun 8th, 2001 04:51 AM
Ratcat

Portillo will do it... He's got the strength and the presence they need.

On a slightly different note, haven't they given Peter Snow and absoilute feast of graphics and charts to play with. smile

Old Post Jun 8th, 2001 04:53 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's BEAUTIFUL! Even better than the fly-by shooting from last time. They are the funniest ever!

Well, Portillo would certainly make me feel better about the Tories. Get them back to sane ground.

BtVS

Old Post Jun 8th, 2001 04:55 AM
Ratcat

Depends how you feel about Thatcherism I guess, after all he was her progidy.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2001 04:58 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Oh, I dare say he will freak me out in a number of ways, but it will be nice to see a Tory party that works properly.

BtVS

Old Post Jun 8th, 2001 05:02 AM
Ratcat

I think Jeremy Paxman, or whatever tha arrogant gits name is, should go for the job. laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 8th, 2001 05:45 AM