KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » drugs: good or bad?

r dugs bad?
This poll is closed.
NO NO NO I LOVE THEM!!! 8 44.44%
I am undecided 2 11.11%
yes they should be wiped of the face of th earth! 8 44.44%
Total: 18 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

drugs: good or bad?
Started by: barbie_girl

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
julibug

yup - that's me! stick out tongue

*waves back*

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 03:18 PM
julibug is currently offline Click here to Send julibug a Private Message Find more posts by julibug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
happy kine
mirth maker

interesting topic. i've done it all. currently i just drink and smoke bud. but i wouldn't trade my experience for anything. i have a good job (same job for the last 6 years) and get along with my family great. i'm happy whit where i'm at in life. i have no health problems from heavy drug use... most people who do drugs are weak minded and fall easily into the trap. personally i think, if done in moderation, drugs can be really fun.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 04:08 PM
happy kine is currently offline Click here to Send happy kine a Private Message Find more posts by happy kine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

There is no need for drugs. When i say drugs i mean of course counscious altering drugs. Medicine is obviously needed there is no doubt about that. but illegal drugs do nothing but destroy the body and eat away the soul. I lost 3 years of my life to drugs so i know exactly what they do. Alchohol is also somthing that shouldnt be. Its more deadly and addictive than weed but its here and here to stay so theres nothing we can do except not drink it and thats not gonna happen

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 04:09 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Treehuggerjanie
im thinking about...

drugs are bbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddddddddddd!not prescription drugs obviously,but people taking other drugs just wreck there lives!i'd never do it.xxxx

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 04:11 PM
Treehuggerjanie is currently offline Click here to Send Treehuggerjanie a Private Message Find more posts by Treehuggerjanie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
happy kine
mirth maker

i gained more prospective form drug use... you lost 3 years of your life because you were careless. drugs are not for everyday use... or even every weekend use. but every now and again... they can be loads of fun. and some people cannot do that... just like some people cannot drink... if someone cannot handle drinking, don't tell me i shouldn't drink.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 04:13 PM
happy kine is currently offline Click here to Send happy kine a Private Message Find more posts by happy kine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

I've done some crazy stuff in my life and I can't account for a good proportion of my youth due to class A substances. But that doesn't mean I was weak minded, I just chose to do that at that time and if I'm honest I had a bloody good time and felt like you'll never be able to on a few glasses of sherry.

But in the end I chose to stop playing that game because life was passing me by without nothing else good happening for me.

I don't regret those days, I still have a good friend left from that time who also went clean and we sometimes have a good laugh about what we got up to. But I would never tell anyone to try recreational drugs cus not everyone has the will power to say "thats enough".

And thats whats important IMO, knowing when to stop is vital to survival.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 05:10 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
happy kine
mirth maker

quote:
Originally posted by mechmoggy
I've done some crazy stuff in my life and I can't account for a good proportion of my youth due to class A substances. But that doesn't mean I was weak minded, I just chose to do that at that time and if I'm honest I had a bloody good time and felt like you'll never be able to on a few glasses of sherry.

But in the end I chose to stop playing that game because life was passing me by without nothing else good happening for me.

I don't regret those days, I still have a good friend left from that time who also went clean and we sometimes have a good laugh about what we got up to. But I would never tell anyone to try recreational drugs cus not everyone has the will power to say "thats enough".

And thats whats important IMO, knowing when to stop is vital to survival.

yup... i hear ya. the thing i don't like is when someone says you shouldn't do it... example... my dad has a drinking problem so i think that no one should drink or alcohol should be illegal... no... your dad shouldn't drink. i don't have a problem.
but yeah... i physically can't handle the hangovers... so i just say no.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 05:19 PM
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Beers my only drug of choice these days, but for about a year after going clean a night out felt soooo very boring without anything else but alcohol.

That taught me an important lesson: no matter how in control I felt at the time, my body and mind certainly craved what I thought I was doing by choice.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 05:26 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bhang
Slider

Nothing wrong with them I say!
Read my profile if ya want! big grin smokin' smokin'

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 05:29 PM
Bhang is currently offline Click here to Send Bhang a Private Message Find more posts by Bhang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Force
Holy Hypocrits!

drugs can be good or bad, it's up to the person on how they use them, just like "guns don't kill people, people kill people."

Made by the awesome transforming Hegemon
Don't mess with The Force, because I ownz you. -The Force

Crazy Christian all over your candy arse.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 05:32 PM
The Force is currently offline Click here to Send The Force a Private Message Find more posts by The Force Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
happy kine
mirth maker

quote:
Originally posted by mechmoggy
Beers my only drug of choice these days, but for about a year after going clean a night out felt soooo very boring without anything else but alcohol.

That taught me an important lesson: no matter how in control I felt at the time, my body and mind certainly craved what I thought I was doing by choice.

true. but its not as bad as cigarettes. i quit that a year ago and i still crave the cig... i've quit doing cocaine and have no craving at all. but the 2 of them are the most worthless drugs.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 05:36 PM
Angel4U
nurse_betty

I am with bhang,god made drugs for me and you I say

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 05:57 PM
Angel4U is currently offline Click here to Send Angel4U a Private Message Find more posts by Angel4U Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

adrenilin is the best drug smile

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 05:59 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
must_kill_Santa
Evil Princess

never done it dont plan to

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 06:18 PM
must_kill_Santa is currently offline Click here to Send must_kill_Santa a Private Message Find more posts by must_kill_Santa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

The adrenalin I had when I rode the Oblivion at Alton Towers had a street value of 3 million pounds. eek!

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 06:24 PM
must_kill_Santa
Evil Princess

wow is it good that ride i went on air and nemasis and ripsaw and loads of others

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 06:25 PM
must_kill_Santa is currently offline Click here to Send must_kill_Santa a Private Message Find more posts by must_kill_Santa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

They turned the water spray off when I went on ripsaw, where's the fun in that!?! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Air rocked, I went at the front too. cool

I screamed like a little girl on the Oblivion. embarrasment

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 06:28 PM
must_kill_Santa
Evil Princess

heehee well i went on ripsaw twice once at the front once at the back when i was at the front the water hit the back when i was at the back the water hit the front

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 06:34 PM
julibug

ok - i'm not sayin' that you guys who have done drugs are bad or wrong in any way. i totally understand that everyone is different & their ability to handle certain substances varies. i'm just saying that it can be very dangerous, and should not be taken lightly. some drugs can cause permanent damage. on the other hand, i kinda like some of Bhang's profile. that's an interesting quote by Abraham Lincoln. i'm not so much in favour of making various substances illegal, as i am in favour of enforcing age requirements. ya know, you have to be of a certain age to operate a motor vehicle, and you have to have a license to do so. i think we should have licenses for alcohol, mj, etc. that way, you could be tested before you get your license (physically & mentally) - to prove that you are mature enough to handle it, as well as not physically/emotionally prone to addictive tendancies. might be interesting.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 06:37 PM
julibug is currently offline Click here to Send julibug a Private Message Find more posts by julibug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Thats an interesting idea Julibug. big grin

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 06:41 PM