KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » the mother of the matrix.... 'PLEASE...'

the mother of the matrix.... 'PLEASE...'
Started by: .:Space Opera:.

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

but she is THE ORACLE, theres no denying that fact, she can read the code and SEE the future...even if only what she is told to see...i dont think it is the Oracle, b/c, she truly wants to help them, even giving Neo info she shouldn't have given, but if she is the mother, and she wants it to continue, then she wouldn't tell Neo everything, nor feel Sorry when all she has is bad news...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 04:10 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Wouldn't a mother feel sorry for her children when she gives them bad news? hrmmm...

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 06:44 AM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

and the potentials are 'her kids'

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 10:36 AM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

quote:
Neo: Are there other programs like you?

The Oracle: Oh, well, not like me. But... Look, see those birds? At some point a program was written to govern them. A program was written to watch over the trees, and the wind, the sunrise, and sunset...

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 11:23 AM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SimplePriest

Sifer> Where on the official site does it say that persephone = an emotional vampire? I'm not doubting you (of course) I just wanted to see what else they had to say.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 11:44 AM
SimplePriest is currently offline Click here to Send SimplePriest a Private Message Find more posts by SimplePriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

.......probably in the production notes shifty

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 11:59 AM
SimplePriest

Production Notes?! whistle Oooo, where... BRB! shifty

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 12:04 PM
SimplePriest is currently offline Click here to Send SimplePriest a Private Message Find more posts by SimplePriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Yes, in the production notes. They can be found by clicking the Red Rectangular button in the top right corner of the screen (on the official site).

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 06:43 PM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

SimplePriest> (Raises hand). No, you’re not alone in assuming Oracle=Mother of The Matrix. I think it was Sifer or JediHDM who once pointed out, that the Architect may know the Oracle as Program CCH/5643-g. Or Archie may just be annoyed that Neo interrupts him.

“Please! AS I was saying…” Translated: Goodness, isn’t that obvious, why do you interrupt me with such blatant tautological truths. AS I was saying…
The Oracle is a psychic program. She predicts the future, she “reads” the minds of everyone brought before here. And because the digital self of a human IS a program, The Oracle can REALLY truly read that program code. She can predict everything a human will do, and how he/she will react to different situations IN the Matrix. With perfect mathematical precision.

It collides head-on with our notion of free will and choice, but the Oracle is not taking that away. She can simply read a human IN the Matrix, his or her entire digital self code, and use mathematics and statistics. She studies the human psyche. Take that literally! smile

Then she uses that knowledge carefully. She makes certain to make it look as if Neo and co. have a choice (as she did when Neo went to rescue Morpheus). They do have a choice. She’s just already READ WHAT they’ll choose.
She makes a "slip" in Reloaded. "You're not here to make that choice... You already made it." No, Neo hadn't made the actual choice of rescuing Trinity yet, but a program like the Oracle would be able to predict with 100 % certainty that he would.

Damn, where’s the philosophy section? big grin

Persephone:
In a couple of articles you can read, that both Mero AND Persephone are emotional vampires. They’re the symbol of being rich, powerful, jaded and bored to… ehrm (would that be deletion in this case?) death. So they play their little games. Notice Mero and Perse sitting nicely next to one another in the Revolutions Trailer?

Burlyman> The “other potentials” in the Oracles apartment where never called her kids directly The welcome-lady refereed to the children (As the spoon-bender) as OTHER potentials, so we’d know Neo wasn’t BORN to be the One. (Well, not directly at least).
And when Neo broke the vase, the Oracle said “I’ll get one of my children to fix it.” Of course it’s possible that the Oracle “lovingly” refers to the potentials as HER kids.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Last edited by The Omega on Sep 28th, 2003 at 10:15 PM

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 10:11 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

Omega> I know!!! big grinstick out tonguebig grin >'her kids'<

what i meant was she calls the potentials her kids, meaning she [concieves] the one (not literally)

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 10:16 PM
The Omega
Z10N0101

Burlyman> The problem is: We don’t KNOW that smile
Maybe Rama’s wife, the mother of that mysterious child at Mobil Ave is one of the Oracle’s children?

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 10:18 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

remember the oracle told trinity that shed fall in love with the one
dont forget the COOKIE Happy Dance hehe

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 10:26 PM
The Omega
Z10N0101

Burlyman> I’m not forgetting what the Oracle told Trinity.
But what does that have to do with WHO the mysterious child is, who the Oracles’ “children” are AND the cookie (which we never saw Neo eat)??

blink

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 10:33 PM
Another_Smithy

To clear something up yes we did see him take one bite from it.

Check out my fic "The Warrior to Unite"

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 10:35 PM
Another_Smithy is currently offline Click here to Send Another_Smithy a Private Message Find more posts by Another_Smithy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

OMega> I object...I took the "please. as i was saying...", along with the obvious frown on the Archie's face, to mean, "you dare put me in the same THOUGHT as that...program?!?! As i was saying..." i dunno if there was anyone else who thought that...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 29th, 2003 12:57 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
obhaive
mmm red pills...arhghhhhh

My initial impression when the architect says "Please...." Was that he was offended by the crudeness of Neos description of the intuitive program...In fact i had a little chuckle to myself when i heard that! Unfortunatly most people in the cinema missed that...they were too busy still staying "what the.......". So when they watched it the second time, their minds were already full of other peoples thoughts on things....a bit of a shame because initial feelings are always the truest...in some way! smile

Old Post Sep 29th, 2003 02:32 AM
obhaive is currently offline Click here to Send obhaive a Private Message Find more posts by obhaive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

JeidHDM> If you re-read my previous post, you see my arguing ALSO for the Oracle fitting the description of a psychic intuitive program to the letter.

It would be JUST like the Wachoski’s. We’re thrown off by the Architects “Pleaassseee” and his frown, and have searched for another mother for months now. But admit, that when the Architect first described the mother you (as well as I) thought what Neo said: “The Oracle.”

It’s partly the new discussion on the “Eyes of the Oracle”, her SIGHT, which I have described above, which has led me back to the 100 % conclusion that Mother = Oracle.

Obhaive> Exactly smile

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Sep 29th, 2003 09:30 PM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

i do admit thats what i thought, but when the Archie says please, it make my take a step back...perhaps we haven't met the mother yet, so we are led to believe the Oracle...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 29th, 2003 09:43 PM
VenomVA

quote:
Originally posted by The Omega
Burlyman> I’m not forgetting what the Oracle told Trinity.
But what does that have to do with WHO the mysterious child is, who the Oracles’ “children” are AND the cookie (which we never saw Neo eat)??

blink

he didn't eat the whole cookie but he did take a bite out of the cookie

Old Post Sep 29th, 2003 09:50 PM
VenomVA is currently offline Click here to Send VenomVA a Private Message Find more posts by VenomVA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

VenomVA> Okay, you're the second one saying that. So I accept it.
It still doesn't prove the Oracle isn't the mother, though.

"... Most guys do."

Old Post Sep 29th, 2003 10:17 PM