KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Tool

Tool
Started by: BackFire

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (46): « First ... « 36 37 [38] 39 40 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hazardous

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
He payed $120 to see a man's face, essentially. He deserves to be let down.

Are you purposefully ignoring things over and over? I mean you even said here
I'm not saying it's not cool to see the people playing it
but still pushing this particular point for some reason..

Originally posted by Mišt
Only bad part

As I've already said, the rest of the show was good, it wasnt my SOLE intention of going just to see his face. I just found that a minor annoyance

next time I go (and I will go again because I enjoyed it) at least Ill know what to expect and wont be put off by it.

Im not exactly crying over it, it was a passing comment that seems to be blown up into some big deal just because I disagree with a certain aspect of the band's performance...

Last time I checked it wasn't a commandment not to be able to disagree with someone and say so on a discussion board. It just happens to be about Tool with you making an absolutely ludicrous point.

You're going to disagree with me on my experience of the show...seems pointless given its my opinion of what I thought at the time. Hardly ludicrous to make a complaint, I dont have to go there and find it 100% satsifying.

A) I'm assuming you don't go to many shows.

B) Possible the silliest thing you've said. You can't mimic a live show with sound only, but it doesn't take vision. Live albums don't emulate the experience, and it has nothing to do with seeing them, because then so would live videos.

-AC

I go to shows, I dont find many complaints at the ones I've been to, but theres been complaints nonetheless. Tool is no different. And I know you're referring to that quote but I wasnt serious, but if band members are gonna stand at the back of the stage ignoring the audience, then I wont go. However the overall show made up for this one complaint so Im willing to bypass it next time.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 04:37 PM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Meh, when Momo and I saw Tool, we had crap seats that were practically behind the stage - pretty much ALL we could see was their backs. Didn't matter a damn bit to us, though, because we were seeing our favorite band play live.

Plus we also got to see them come out from backstage, which was pretty neat.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 05:31 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EPIIIBITES
Restricted

Account Restricted

I remember seeing them at Lolapalooza (on the second stage)...they were pretty rockin'. Everyone left the main stage (where Arrested Development were playing) to go see Tool...funny.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 05:36 PM
EPIIIBITES is currently offline Click here to Send EPIIIBITES a Private Message Find more posts by EPIIIBITES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ax3l
Dream Finder

Keyword: See. You didnt go to see a visual display with music, you went to see the band.
Actually, i did. I thought that was the whole point of a Tool concert. To see the music, not to see them playing it. I trust them enough to know that they are playing it.

Putting words into my mouth isn't going to help you win this argument with AC.

One little spark...

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 06:26 PM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Are you purposefully ignoring things over and over? I mean you even said here
but still pushing this particular point for some reason..

Im not exactly crying over it, it was a passing comment that seems to be blown up into some big deal just because I disagree with a certain aspect of the band's performance...

You're going to disagree with me on my experience of the show...seems pointless given its my opinion of what I thought at the time. Hardly ludicrous to make a complaint, I dont have to go there and find it 100% satsifying.

I go to shows, I dont find many complaints at the ones I've been to, but theres been complaints nonetheless. Tool is no different. And I know you're referring to that quote but I wasnt serious, but if band members are gonna stand at the back of the stage ignoring the audience, then I wont go. However the overall show made up for this one complaint so Im willing to bypass it next time.

The fact that you believe they ignore the audience just further emphasises your lack of understanding.

They don't ignore the audience, they are there doing what they do for themselves and the audience. If the audience can't overlook (Not necessarily ignore) the people playing it, then that's up to you.

It's cool to think "Wow, those are the guys I admire.", but why does it take seeing their faces? I see them perfectly fine, I know it's them. It's not Tool imposters on stage.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 07:20 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

The real question is why would he have his back turned..

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 08:26 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Maybe he had a nasty pimple and didn't want people to see it.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 09:14 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Woulda been worse if he had "back-ne". I was going to post a pic, but I'll spare ya's.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 09:17 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Thank you.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 09:35 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Why is everyone saying 'payed' instead of 'paid'? Is it some new cool thing, or something?

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 10:03 PM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just caught that, not sure why I typed it, personally. I've never spelled it like that before.

Odd.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 10:07 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Talking about Tool and Maynard makes all the blood rush from AC's head to his dick, so he wasn't thinking clearly.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 10:27 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

You're a disturbing man, but I think we've covered that.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 10:29 PM
BackFire

Not in this thread.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2007 10:33 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Still, its a general rule when dealing with BF...
When I saw Tool, Maynard just looked at Danny for the majority of the show, (he was on a riser right next to him, at the back of the stage) Adam and Justin were in the front.
Was the best concert I've ever been to, not that I've been to many to give a great comparison, but still...

Old Post Feb 4th, 2007 09:24 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pcp

I heard all this hype about Tool and then when I finally heard them I noticed they sound like every other American rock band from the 80's onwards. They're nothing special.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2007 01:51 PM
pcp is currently offline Click here to Send pcp a Private Message Find more posts by pcp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

That's probably the most ignorant thing I've ever heard. And wrong. Factually.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2007 02:53 PM
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Originally posted by pcp
I heard all this hype about Tool and then when I finally heard them I noticed they sound like every other American rock band from the 80's onwards. They're nothing special.

Yeah.

So, which American rock bands don't sound like every other band?

Just curious, because that sounds remarkably like the ravings of an idiot.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2007 11:42 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pcp

Tool are horribly generic. Maybe it's because of all the other bands that have copied them (Mudvayne, etc.) but I cannot see why they're so praised.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2007 01:18 PM
pcp is currently offline Click here to Send pcp a Private Message Find more posts by pcp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by pcp
Tool are horribly generic. Maybe it's because of all the other bands that have copied them (Mudvayne, etc.) but I cannot see why they're so praised.

Typical anti-Tool reply.

"I can't see why they're so praised, so there must not be a reason, because it's not possible for anything to be beyond me.".

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2007 02:17 PM