KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Tool

Tool
Started by: BackFire

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (46): « First ... « 40 41 [42] 43 44 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Deano

yeh definitely.

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post May 10th, 2011 10:15 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Dream Theater etc do the same kind of technical stuff to show off, Tool do it with better execution and better meaning in my opinion

I've always thought the same thing. Dream Theater is annoying to me.

There's a hilariously long-winded write up in the latest Tool newsletter (JULY, 2011) regarding the writing of new Tool material...

Originally posted by Blair, I think is his name, at Toolband.com

SUBJECT: "TOOL'S COPING WITH"

"I'm not here to ask questions that cannot be answered nor am I asking questions I have no business knowing. I just was wanting to know a little bit about how tool is spending the summer finishing up their album with maynard on tour with a perfect circle? How dows that work? I saw apc on the thirtieth of june in kent and it was awesome just as the first night in seattle last fall. But I couldnt help but wonder what is the rest of tool doing while maynard is working with puscifer and apc. How are they recording?"

REPLY:

Well... Actually, to be quite honest, it's a pretty sad situation. Pathetic, actually, with the three of them just sitting around at the rehearsal space with guitars detuned and amps buzzing as two of them attempt to pick up dropped guitar picks with their dirty toes, and one repeatedly loosens and tightens a wing-nut as if frozen in a perpetual loop. When they're not moping about, sucking on Pixy Stix and looking for Black Widows, to pass the time, they play Tiddlywinks and Chinese Checkers on Robitussin. That or get into heated arguments about recent episodes of "Real House Wives of Orange County." It's a damn shame too, because all the while the Dry-Erase board remains full of meaningless squiggly colors and bloodied bashed flies. Occasionally, in a desperate attempt to draw inspiration, they will closely watch the Arrowhead water guy as he picks up empty bottles, or listen intently to the sound made by crumpled cellophane bags of potato chips. Sometimes they listen to "Undertow." Recently, one of the band members grabbed a shotgun and blew a considerable sized hole in the wall out of sheer frustration. Finally, having run out of Red Bulls and horse radish, Danny decided to go fishing (more info on www.dannycarey.com), with Adam following suit by hanging out at WWE wrestling events. Justin flew to England. And now that they're back, it's the same old story. You'd think they would continue jamming, writing, and arranging new material, knowing fully well that Maynard would add vocals, lyrics, keys, etc., as well as contributing to the entire process with outstanding results. But NO... intense arguments about the "House Wives of Orange County" continue as they sit on their stools with earplugs, wondering if "The Green Lantern" sequel needs any music for its trailer...

... But then something truly amazing happened. While arguing over who gets what Tiddlywinks squidger (each anticipating a good squop, and Justin even thinking about a possible PENHALIGON!), suddenly the jagged cracks in the plaster from the recent shotgun blast inexplicably (nay, miraculously) formed the magical seal of Paimon (yes, the Goetic sigil that resembles 4 human figures standing next to one another). Seconds later, amid a flourish of trumpets and the mighty crashing of cymbals, Paimon emerged through the, now, spectral hole in the wall, seated upon a glittering dromedary and wearing a magnificent divers-colored robe redolent with arcane perfumes. As trumpets played a crazy, jazzy anti-dirge, the bloodied, swatted flies on the Dry-Erase board quickly underwent a remarkable transformation. With the dried blood vividly reddening before being absorbed back into the repulsive things, the flies became re-animated, taking on a healthy iridescence before darting away in the crescendoing agitato. In the same restorative instant, the colored squiggles changed into meaningful chord progressions, time signatures, and recognizable musical cues (such as "glue 8", and "straight 4"). Soon, ideas began to flow, and it wasn't long before the rehearsal space was filled with heavy guitar riffs and drums, an arrangement with sublime resolution and transitions. In short, the sound of Tool... But, to answer the question: they haven't started recording yet...

HAPPY TRAILS

laughing laughing laughing

Meanwhile, there is some new Puscifer material to hold us over...

Old Post Jul 27th, 2011 04:07 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

According to this link, Tool to record new album this summer...

Loudwire: Daily Reload

Old Post Mar 20th, 2012 03:44 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Ray Park
Restricted

Account Restricted

Who do people think is better between Tool and Muse?

UN...LIMITEEEEEEEED...VOTES!! THAT IS HER TRUE POWER!!

Old Post Jun 13th, 2012 01:04 AM
Darth Ray Park is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Ray Park a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Ray Park Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

So I guess these two articles sum up the status of the new album...

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news.../> ng_mode.html

http://loudwire.com/tool-creating-l...s-of-new-album/

But in the meantime Danny Carey's project Volvo! has an album coming out in a couple weeks and the first song "Grip It" is really, really cool.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2013 10:58 PM
NemeBro

Tool sucks ass.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2013 05:16 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Oh, the friendly neighborhood troll decided to rudely chime in. Does this suck ass...?

Old Post Jul 17th, 2013 02:00 AM
NemeBro

There is nothing friendly about this troll mother****er, I see you trip trapping on my bridge.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2013 03:08 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Holy shit, I may actually start getting my hopes up...

http://loudwire.com/tool-adam-jones...tart-new-album/

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 11:14 AM
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

I thoroughly enjoy Tool’s music. Their fans are a different story, though...

I will never be a memory.

Old Post May 18th, 2018 12:55 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Haha.. Maynard is now begging the other band members to complete their parts of the recording process. There might be hope, some day...

https://www.google.com/amp/www.meta...ecent-live-show

Old Post May 19th, 2018 12:23 AM
NemeBro

Tool still sucks ass.

Old Post May 19th, 2018 12:33 AM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

I love Tool.

Old Post May 19th, 2018 12:57 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I love you.

Old Post May 19th, 2018 03:29 AM
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NemeBro
Tool still sucks ass.

Specificity is key. What exactly about Tool “sucks ass”?

I will never be a memory.

Old Post May 20th, 2018 02:11 AM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ Probably not enough 4/4 foot tappy moments for him. Who knows, who cares. Don't feed the troll.

Tool just isn't for everyone. It's just the way they are. But they are obviously creative and accessible enough to have gathered the massive following that they have. The only problem is that this next record has been so highly anticipated and long-awaited that it's going to have to be ridiculously good to live up to the wait. Holy shit it's been 12 years. If they still included Maynard in the song-writing process then we'd probably have like 2 or 3 albums in that span of time. But unfortunately that's not how they write songs anymore. "Rosetta Stoned" is one of my favorite songs on the last record, and it seems that that's the direction they must be taking from now on with no songs under 10 or 12 minutes, but it's also sort of sad that we'll never have another song like "Part of Me" or "Sweat" (shorter and more to the point).

Old Post May 21st, 2018 12:06 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

There was a reddit thread the other day. If this album ever comes out we'll see if these are the right track titles...

Attachment: 20180902_040148.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2018 08:02 AM
NemeBro

The songs should all be named "Hot Garbage", because that's what Tool is. thumb up

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2018 09:04 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Tool is alright. People act like Maynard is some sort of God on the mic though. The No Quarter cover in particular is one people act like it's the greatest thing ever when it's terrible (in comparison) to Zeppelin.

"Beyond the original. Maynard is way better than Plant. Perfect!"

Fuk outta here. The band's good, but a lot of the fanbase are out of their minds. There's nothing amazing about the actual music. It's just trippy and heavy. Nothing overly complicated. And then we're supposed to believe Maynard can rocket this perfectly serviceable band into an all time great band? Meh.

I'll have no issue listening to the new album. But I have my doubts it will be amazing. Maybe I just needed to smoke my first joint to Tool and act like Pink Floyd didn't exist to come to that conclusion.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2018 04:10 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I like Tool. I like APC more than Tool, though.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2018 10:05 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote