KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Tool

Tool
Started by: BackFire

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (46): « First ... « 41 42 [43] 44 45 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

Tool needs to hurry up and release a new album.

10,000 Days released in 2006, FFS.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Sep 9th, 2018 03:23 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Sounds like next year. Or maybe the year after. Or the year after.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2018 08:09 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Maynard confirming next year is their target.

http://loudwire.com/maynard-james-k...go-much-closer/

Old Post Sep 11th, 2018 09:16 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Fu#k, next year. Whatever. I'll believe it when I hear it. Every year they say "Next year."

Tool has apparently become dysfunctional as a band. It shouldn't take over a decade or more to put out new material. There is clearly something wrong there. So, I'm planning to lower my expectations for the next album (that is if it ever happens). It sounds like the band members only like to write without Maynard (maybe because Maynard prefers to get things done and actually make decisions?). So we'll never get anything like the first EP, it's safe to say. Maynard can bring great melodies, but it doesn't seem like he's given the opportunity to do so with their current writing style.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Tool is alright. People act like Maynard is some sort of God on the mic though. The No Quarter cover in particular is one people act like it's the greatest thing ever when it's terrible (in comparison) to Zeppelin.

"Beyond the original. Maynard is way better than Plant. Perfect!"

Fuk outta here. The band's good, but a lot of the fanbase are out of their minds. There's nothing amazing about the actual music. It's just trippy and heavy. Nothing overly complicated. And then we're supposed to believe Maynard can rocket this perfectly serviceable band into an all time great band? Meh.

I'll have no issue listening to the new album. But I have my doubts it will be amazing. Maybe I just needed to smoke my first joint to Tool and act like Pink Floyd didn't exist to come to that conclusion.

I respect Led Zeppelin as the influential giants that they are, but Tool is far better if you're not so into such high-pitch vocals and prefer heavier/darker stuff.

And yes, the No Quarter cover is amazing. The original is a little dated, very 70s. Moreso than Zepp's other stuff. But it's definitely the Zepp song that Tool was born to cover.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 10:51 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I respect Led Zeppelin as the influential giants that they are, but Tool is far better if you're not so into such high-pitch vocals and prefer heavier/darker stuff.

And yes, the No Quarter cover is amazing. The original is a little dated, very 70s. Moreso than Zepp's other stuff. But it's definitely the Zepp song that Tool was born to cover.
Genuinely awful opinion.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 11:36 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

F#ck off, you're a disgrace to the AIC avatar.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 02:20 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

AIC is better than Tool too.

I don't know how actually having an awful opinion like Tool being better than Zeppelin has anything to do with AIC though.

Even the current band with one remaining original member can put out music on that note. Tool can't even make an album in 12 years.

Last edited by One Big Mob on Sep 18th, 2018 at 02:37 AM

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 02:32 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Genuinely awful opinion.
What can you expect from a Tool fan? no

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 03:51 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I love AIC. Old and new.

I don't give a Rats ass if you think Led Zeppelin and/or AIC is better than TOOL. They're all different. It's like sitting here saying my dad can beat up your dad.. lol. Sorry it got you triggered. I said I typically don't prefer high pitch vocals. (Rush is expecially awful in that regard.)

And I agree, I already said it, Tool is clearly disfunctional at this point because 12+ years is ridiculous. Not sure any album can be worth waiting that long. But on the other hand they seem to have a unique status to have the luxury of taking their sweet fu#king time.

Last edited by Patient_Leech on Sep 18th, 2018 at 10:22 AM

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 10:20 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

It's more like saying my professional boxer dad can beat up your town drunk dad.

Let's not point triggered accusations. Tool's been stringing along its fans for over a decade. You guys have been through too much to say other people are mad.

But yeah, it's clear there's some serious lying going on here. You can't trust a damn word being said here. People want to hear Maynard's homo angst voice though, so they will always be waiting. No matter what gets shit out the fans will eat it up. You can't really say you won't listen because you know that's a lie, so you just hold onto any piece of news while somewhere inside a part of you dies.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 04:48 PM
StyleTime

I'm looking forward to the new album. Maynard finally stopped dicking around with his winery long enough to make some music.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 06:08 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by StyleTime
I'm looking forward to the new album. Maynard finally stopped dicking around with his winery long enough to make some music.

I would suggest you look into their writing process. Maynard has not been the one holding it back. If he was more involved in the structure of the music we'd probably have 2 or 3 albums since 10,000 Days. Maynard has been very open about their writing process on the Joe Rogan show and such. He does all the other projects (Puscifer, wine, A Perfect Circle, etc) as ways to keep himself busy while he waits for the music to get written.

The new A Perfect Circle album is really, really good. I actually wasn't expecting it to be so good. It's got a great keyboard-based foundation to it, largely because I think Billy Howerdel had worked on scoring a movie. The album is great.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 10:30 PM
StyleTime

I'm aware of the process, but it's not nearly as funny as pretending to be upset over his winery.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 10:33 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

To the people who says it's "Better on the album", I present to them this:

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 08:52 PM
Blight
Less than Newbie

To the people who says it's "Better on the album", I present to them this:

laughing out loud
I remember seeing him w/ APC and he was so high he had to lay down for every single song. I was so pissed off.

Anyone saying Tool's "No Quarter" is better than Zepp's is on some good cow sedative shit.

-_-

Old Post Nov 7th, 2018 09:21 PM
Blight is currently offline Click here to Send Blight a Private Message Find more posts by Blight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Supposedly they're done recording... *yawn*

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019...album-finished/

So another 5 years for mixing, then another 5 for artwork, etc...

So maybe we're looking at a 2029 release!

Old Post Jan 5th, 2019 02:11 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

It's supposed to come out in April. That's the latest news.

I'm not going to get my hopes up, but we'll see.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2019 02:18 PM
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

It would be a pleasant surprise for the album release to come unexpectedly.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2019 05:41 AM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Supposedly they're mixing/mastering and it's going to come out between May and July...

https://www.revolvermag.com/music/m...es-pantera-meme

*crosses fingers*

Old Post Mar 21st, 2019 04:06 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

There's lots of talk stirring about Tool appearing on streaming services finally, perhaps in anticipation of the new album. Maynard has teased on Twitter about playing new material on upcoming gigs. And Adam posted a sweet video of a sexy new riff that I am totally digging. I hope it's from the new material... so fu#king good..

Actually with melodies like that I can almost see why it took 13 years to make this album.

Old Post May 3rd, 2019 11:31 PM