KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » DVD anyone?

DVD anyone?
Started by: queeq

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
queeq
Chaos

DVD anyone?

I was wondering how many of you already own a DVD player? Or plan to get one?

I've had mine for a few months now and I love it. I buy a new DVD almost every two weeks. Great stuff.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2001 09:10 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, I;ve had access to DVD from the moment they appeared... until my brother moved out... damn him...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 25th, 2001 09:15 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediOasis
Better Man

I got a DVD player for my birthday a few months ago. The picture and overall quality is far superior to that of VHS. I own 7 DVD's so far.

Oasis: There and Then(concert from 1996)
Oasis:Familiar to Millions(Wembley shows 2000
Man on the Moon(a great movie)
Jurassic Park(a modern classic)
Showgirls(um, sorry but I'm a college male, get over it smile smile
Poison Ivy 2(my roomates bought this one)

"I loved it the first time I saw it. It's goodies and baddies, cowboys and Indians in space. I was a child when it came out and it still appeals to me now. It is one of my favourite films ever and Darth Vader is best."
-Noel Gallagher

Old Post Apr 26th, 2001 12:59 AM
JediOasis is currently offline Click here to Send JediOasis a Private Message Find more posts by JediOasis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

I can use my DVD in my PC its zone free found it out on Sunday.(aint I the computer wiz) Had the pc since August 1999.
It is excellent now I just need a long cord so I can plug my pc into the TV, my pc monitor is only 19" . Watched my first DVD on the pc yesterday Romeo must die. It was ok, nice fight scene.
JO Showgirls! boy do you need to get more out man. big grin
I did tell you about the prices on DVD in Norway under another tread, so I am so happy I dont need to buy one. £450, $540 need I say more.

[ April 26, 2001: Message edited by: finti ]

Old Post Apr 26th, 2001 07:27 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Don't have one yet. Planning on getting Tommy one this year for Christmas.

JO, I am SO surpised you have Oasis DVD's. laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 26th, 2001 10:01 AM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

I don't know..I don't see it as a big deal..plus I don't want to be a slave to technology..if you know what I mean.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2001 12:36 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

I don't have a standalone DVD player. Although my PS2 plays them perfectly. I bought my last DVD yesterday - "The League of Gentlemen" series 1......I'm a recent convert smile

Old Post Apr 26th, 2001 01:09 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"Some people have pointed out to me that Revenge of the Cybermen aired in 1975, not '74... but I reckon it was shot in 74, so that's alright..."

"That shows a worryingly in-depth knowledge of Dr. Who..."

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 26th, 2001 05:26 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I have about 13, hope I can list them all:

Fight Club
Excalibur
Jaws
Jurassic Park
The Lost World
Mulan
Tarzan
The Abyss - special edition
Sleepy Hollow
Scream 3
Toy Story 1 & 2
Gladiator

And my latest, very wonderful DVD: Lawrence of Arabia

There must be one or two more, but can't remember them right now.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2001 08:03 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

As DVD conversions go, Fallen is one of the best.

While the film is still great, people were expecting the DVD to be STUFFED full of bells and whistles... and it just wasn;t...

BtVS

Old Post Apr 26th, 2001 08:11 PM
queeq
Chaos

Fallen? Doesn't ring a bell....

But without the extra's it's less fun.

I'm waiting for the European release of Ben-Hur, I heard the new release is excellent. It's on there with it's original 65mm width. It's never been aired or put on video like that, let alone shown in non 65 or 70mm theatres. And.... lots of goodies.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2001 08:14 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Heck- that second comment ofmine was meant to be about the Matrix! THAT was the disappointing DVD.

The Fallen is a good one, nice presentration It;s a demonic horror thing with Denzel Washington, classy stuff..

BtVS

Old Post Apr 26th, 2001 08:26 PM
queeq
Chaos

I didn't like the Matrix much anyway, but the DVD was a bit disappointing indeed.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2001 08:29 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Didn't like the Matrix- HA HA! Good one, queeq...

BtVS

Old Post Apr 26th, 2001 08:33 PM
queeq
Chaos

It's true. Loved the effects, but the story was such a rip-off of.... well... just about everything. Quite embarrassing.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2001 08:52 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Suddenly Ushgarak is sucked into the 'Paradox' zone, where no decision makes sense...

'Queeq is my mentor, yet he does not like the Matrix... how can this be!? Matrix... no... more.. derivative... than... Star ... Wars... actually... much... less...'

Aarrrgghhh!

BtVS

Old Post Apr 26th, 2001 08:57 PM
queeq
Chaos

I'll send you my analysis yet. You will turn and see the truth of it. The key word is CLICHE!

Except for the effects of course.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2001 08:59 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Sorry, my man, but you're just out of touch, unlike the makers...

You can have your opinion, but you WILL be burnt alive for it around here...

BtVS

Old Post Apr 26th, 2001 09:05 PM
queeq
Chaos

I doubt it. Some even agree with me.

I can go through it step by step, I can tell you exactly what they copied from what film. I varies from single lines, entire scenes to even the very story concept. Nothing is original, except for the effects and the design.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2001 09:11 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I told you, you're out of touch... they did it on purpose, and that's why we all liked it...

BtVS

Old Post Apr 26th, 2001 09:13 PM