KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » DVD anyone?

DVD anyone?
Started by: queeq

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dim
Creativity

If you take into account that there are only really 6 story achetypes then the "Star Wars is a rip off" could stand for any story.

As for the voice over in Dark City..I didn't mind it at all...IMO it's till the a better film than The Matrix.

Old Post May 2nd, 2001 08:01 AM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Wow, draaaagggging this back on topic. Well, not really. But see Ush, plenty of supporters to not finding The Matrix such an excellent movie.

Old Post May 2nd, 2001 12:30 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Well it was different. At least you didn't know what was gonna happen next.

Old Post May 2nd, 2001 03:26 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

In The Matrix I knew ECXACTLY what was going to happen next. That's what I hated so much about it, it was very predictable and very cliche. And then they call it a tribute or an ode. sad

Old Post May 2nd, 2001 05:02 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Yes, it was very formulaic...

Old Post May 2nd, 2001 05:24 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

(Goes and gets dunce cap) Well I guess I'm an idiot. stick out tongue

Old Post May 2nd, 2001 05:57 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

But a sweet one. wink

Old Post May 2nd, 2001 06:34 PM
Dim
Creativity

Oh stop..you're not a dunce! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post May 2nd, 2001 06:36 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

Surely you couldn't have guessed what the matrix was, before actually seeing the movie.

That was probably the only thing you couldn't have predicted.

Old Post May 2nd, 2001 06:37 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, aside from the fact that Dr. Who and Shadowrun had already used the term Matrix to define the same thing...

But it was still great!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 3rd, 2001 12:09 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Well thanks Dim. (takes off dunce cap and puts on queeq) Hehehe. laughing out loud

Old Post May 3rd, 2001 01:05 AM
Ratcat

Ahhh, the circle is now complete laughing out loud

Old Post May 3rd, 2001 01:19 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

If the term had been used previously in the same context, why don't the BBC sue WB???

Isn't it infringing copyright?

Old Post May 3rd, 2001 01:22 AM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Well thats what I thought too.

Old Post May 3rd, 2001 01:22 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Nah, I don't think so... they were using Matrix in a vague sense they may as well copyright the word 'computer'

Seriously, though. Watch the Dr. Who Story 'The Deadly Assassin' and you will see what I mean. Also 'The Invasion of Time' and the last two episodes of 'Trial of a Time Lord'. The Gallifreyans central computer, called the Matrix, is amazingly similar. Only its function is different.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post May 3rd, 2001 01:26 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Similar, yet different, I can see that... wink

Old Post May 3rd, 2001 01:36 AM
Raz
Meister

Admin

laughing out loud How much different?

Old Post May 3rd, 2001 01:38 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Blimey, you people have difficulty with basic association sometimes, don't you?

It is constructed the same way,. it's [purpose is not to provide power, though. The minds are stored to help predict the future.

So, same construction, different function. Want me to drop to words of one syllable?

BtVS

Old Post May 3rd, 2001 01:48 AM
Ratcat

oh, would you? That would be great! laughing out loud

Old Post May 3rd, 2001 01:58 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Me no good at that. Me bad...

BtVS

Old Post May 3rd, 2001 02:01 AM