KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Final Fantasy 7 : Advent Children (Movie)

Final Fantasy 7 : Advent Children (Movie)
Started by: SaTsuJiN

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (163): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darkskatpunk

whats to say that hojo did not make another creation while he was looking for sephroith in order to find him a better more well constructed creation

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 01:33 AM
darkskatpunk is currently offline Click here to Send darkskatpunk a Private Message Find more posts by darkskatpunk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cloud_Strife

maybe but really this guy comes out of the middle of nowhere and ya...... but hojo probably still had cells from jenova and made a better clone and sent him out after cloud for screwing up his plans two years ago in game wise

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 01:37 AM
Cloud_Strife is currently offline Click here to Send Cloud_Strife a Private Message Find more posts by Cloud_Strife Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darkskatpunk

who is this man??? where did he come from ??? your thoughts???

Attachment: who.jpg
This has been downloaded 561 time(s).

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 01:40 AM
darkskatpunk is currently offline Click here to Send darkskatpunk a Private Message Find more posts by darkskatpunk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darkskatpunk

i supose it could be a number of ppl hojo aris sephroith could be Zack for all we know or soem new random charter all i know is from the movie priview it looks like its gonna be one hell of a movie

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 01:46 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

heh, or it could be a big hallucination as cloud seems to have a problem grasping hold of his own mind

the person in the wheelchair can even be cloud, having hallucinations.

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 02:59 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BelldandyX
Goddess

Cloud is very prone to hallucinations, yes. But, I was under the impression that he got rid of his "headaches" at the end of the game with the defeat of Sephiroth.

I'm in favor of the short-haired guy as a different clone, and the real Sephiroth is in the chair.

FF:TSW was pretty out there, but this movie should more than make up for it. *crosses fingers*

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 04:44 AM
BelldandyX is currently offline Click here to Send BelldandyX a Private Message Find more posts by BelldandyX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tekken

Darkskat

Darkskat, that is just a rumor. There was a time that I spent MONTHS investigating the rumor of reviving Aeris, yes, not only American, but Japanese as well. There have been some brilliantly put-together hoaxes, one site even went so far as to give you a downloadable save that ALLOWS you to play Aeris after she is dead (PC obviously).

However, she is just there, and isn't a part of the story-line. The story still carries on as if she was dead and blah, blah, blah.

Straight out of the lips of the man who wrote the story-line himself, Aeris was NOT able to be resurrected in any version. The only difference between the Japanese and American versions is that the Americans lucked out with the Weapons in the game (in reference to Ruby and Emerald only, they're USA-unique).

I hope that clears some things up.

As for who's in the wheelchair, who cares? You can speculate all you want, but either way you can't prove it until the movie or spoilers are out (and if you read any spoilers for a movie with as much magnitude as this, then you suck).

I always thought that it was a mistake to not release FF7 as their first movie. At least they could have built up their reputation then... now with a great movie like Advent Children coming out (which btw, could NEVER be released into a theatre due to the fact that the majority of viewers wouldn't know that the premise of the movie is based on a video game that they have never even heard of, let alone played), regardless of how good it is, Spirits Within ruined people's expectations in general for FF movies. It's sad.

What's sadder is that this isn't a sequel >(

The mystique of FF7 should be for each of us to figure out with hundreds of hours of game-play ... not in a measly 60 minutes! -- Tek

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 05:40 AM
Tekken is currently offline Click here to Send Tekken a Private Message Find more posts by Tekken Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

the people who did the american trailer messed up spirits within. They described it as the people land back on earth and awaken something you can never imagine, when in fact that was total bs. Not to mention the belief of Gaia (a japanese belief) is unheard of in america, which also lead to the films demise.

As for ff7, I heard that you 'can' resurrect Aeris in the pc version, but I dont care since the story acts like she doesnt exist. I just hope the movie will open those possibilities back up for a really enjoyable experience. Speculation builds anticipation, it doesnt mean you want to run off and view a spoiler just because you wish to discuss something.

Actually, straight out of the lips of the creators, they mentioned that they could not include the side quest of ressurecting Aeris simply due to release date constraints. In lamens terms, not enough time lol

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 06:09 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darkskatpunk

Tekken???????
how is this not a sequill
o and well that does help but as i remember in the ending video he tells tiffa that he wants to find her (aris) in the promissland so is he in search for her?and does any one know what this movie is about other than what we have seen in the videos?

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 06:25 AM
Tekken

Nah

This is a sequel, but not a true sequel. A true sequel would be like what FFX2 is to FFX. This is just a 60 minute cutscene as far as I'm concerned, and though I'm very pumped about seeing it, it's not enough to give me an orgasm (which a true sequel to FF7 definitely would).

Actually, damn I wish I could give you the quote but the page (ff7citadel.com) that I read it off of is closed down and has been for a while. The story-line person behind FF7 never intended for Aeris to be resurrected. He recently lost someone in his life that was very close to him, and the FF7 story-line was his way of expressing it. Regardless of what the other developers may have wished for, if that is even true and not just a rumor, this man was responsible for heading the story-line development, and I recall that he never intended for her to be resurrected. Do you think FF7 would have anywhere near the mystique that it did if she WAS able to be resurrected? Who honestly gave a shit about Aeris before she died? Not until she died did I value her for what she was.

-- Tekken

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 07:09 PM
Tekken is currently offline Click here to Send Tekken a Private Message Find more posts by Tekken Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yuyuyugioh

im excited about this movie,but the only thing im scared of is the legth of the movie, and the fact that ITS NOT IN THE MOVIE THEATRES. i wish it was .SURROUND SOUND GOODNESS, VERY BIG SCREEN
i just wish it was longer.
WHAT IF I CANT FIND IT IN STORES
that will be a problem since i am DYING to see this movie!!!!
seeing the preview to this movie made me replay final fantasy 7
I was playing all night last night!
by the way im at aeris house for the first time and i just snuck out of her house"AGAIN" since I already beat that game
a great game it was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and what the hell does Advent Children mean.
what a spiffy title hahahaha
but if anyone has any links to pics or trailers that do not require signing up please post them
im very interested in this movie

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 08:01 PM
yuyuyugioh is currently offline Click here to Send yuyuyugioh a Private Message Find more posts by yuyuyugioh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yuyuyugioh

by the way this poem is awesome

Out of sight, out of mind
Out of time, to decide
Do we run, should I hide
For the rest of my life
Can we fly, do I stay
We could lose, we could fail
And the moment it takes
To make plans or mistakes

30 minutes, a blink of an eye
30 minutes to alter our lives
30 minutes to make up my mind
30 minutes to finally decide
30 minutes to whisper your name
30 minutes to shoulder the blame
30 minutes to confess 30 lies
30 minutes to finally decide

Carousels in the sky
That we shape with our eyes
And the shade, silhouettes
Casting shape, growing ring

Can we fly to a state
We could lose, we could fail
Either way options change
Chances fade, trains de-rail

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 08:02 PM
yuyuyugioh is currently offline Click here to Send yuyuyugioh a Private Message Find more posts by yuyuyugioh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yuyuyugioh

and so is this one

Love is dangerous
a blade that cuts both ways
the wounds it makes
deeply marked, unforgettable
unclean they fester
My soul is open
like my wounded heart
To give is easy
and I'd give it all again
Haunting visions taunt me
with memories of your nearness
with memories of your lips
To my shame I am made -
remade and reborn
caught by the shadows in your gaze
and released
Love is my doctor
it bleeds me of all sense;
it promises a cure
which falls short of death.
You are its tool
the knife which dives deep
beneath my skin.
I breathe your sighs;
your passion leaves me
& I'm dying inside.
Out of sight
but never out of mind,
I know I am going
out of mine.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 08:03 PM
yuyuyugioh

another good poem and be reading all these

Out of sight,
Out of mind
"How you doing?
I've been fine"

"Nice to see you,
It's been so long"
I have come to tell you
Again that you were wrong

Imperfect person,
Imperfect world
Mind is clouded
Mind is swirled

"I meant to call
To cancel our time"
The other family's here now
I no longer need your kind

Don't want to be here,
"Don't want to be alone"
It's the only time I call you
The only time I phone

I don't want to need you
I refuse to care
You can try to love me
If you really dare

"Guess I'll see you later"
My work here has been done
I've finished stomping your heart again
"See ya, time to run"

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 08:05 PM
yuyuyugioh

I am void of motivation,
the emptiness fills my head,
another heart is cracked in two,
nothing more to be said...
Out of sight, out of mind,
gone for a moment that you'll never know,
does nothing hold these empty tears,
a sadness that has begun to grow...
So many things I think about,
a dark thought drifts around my brain,
you keep whispering things into my head,
assuring me that I'm insane...
I know you are better off without me,
but am I better off without you,
I can't seem to grasp that it is over,
Yet it all just seems too true...
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to screw it up...

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 08:05 PM
Pakelika

Looks to me like its Sephiroth in the wheel chair, and the guy at his feet is the guy we see fighting cloud earlier

With that out of the way we have to wonder what his relationship to Sephiroth is and how they are connected

Attachment: who.jpg
This has been downloaded 413 time(s).

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 09:27 PM
Pakelika is currently offline Click here to Send Pakelika a Private Message Find more posts by Pakelika Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cloud_Strife

well oviouly its not a sequel becuase its got nothing to do with the tsw and really i know quite a bit of people who like ff7 at my school then the word could get passed on and on etc but might not happen we might just have to download advent children off of kazaa or w/e music downloader you have. And if you ever played kingdom hearts cloud was still looking for aeris because when he worked for hades hades promised he would help him look for aeris so technially cloud is still definatly looking for aeris in the promised lands

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 11:23 PM
Cloud_Strife is currently offline Click here to Send Cloud_Strife a Private Message Find more posts by Cloud_Strife Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cloud_Strife

and the person in the wheelchair has to be sepiroth because why would that guy in the wheelchair give that guy with the short hair flashbacks of sepiroth. and it could be THe sepiroth because hojo might have found a way to resirect people and resirected sepiroth but then hojo got killed by sepiroth yada yada and so which means hojo could be dead because sepiroth killed him when he got resirected by hojo (MAYBE)

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 11:27 PM
Tekken

Dude

Stop posting those stupid poems, they're ridiculously dumb and out of place.

And, wasn't Seph pretty much destroyed into a bunch of energy? He became one with the life force if I recall correctly after eating Cloud's dust. Resurrecting is one thing, somehow capturing energy (while the world is seemingly being destroyed) and then transmuting it into matter, and then making it into what it was prior to being transmuted into energy is an ENTIRELY different matter. I doubt Hojo has those capabilities, that's more on the line of magic than science, and Hojo was no magician.

-- Tek

Old Post Oct 28th, 2003 01:52 AM
Zellwanab

final fantasy 7: advent children

I love fanal fantasy...when i heard about a move about cloud, today..i started to go crazy with excitment...but i want to no..no more...tell me...please..if u no anything about this movie...tell me

Attachment: zelld.jpg
This has been downloaded 389 time(s).

Old Post Oct 28th, 2003 02:19 AM
Zellwanab is currently offline Click here to Send Zellwanab a Private Message Find more posts by Zellwanab Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote