KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Metacortex

Metacortex
Started by: JediHDM

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (24): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

steven walsh is the supposed CEO of Metacortex...I called the number, to see if it actually worked, and i got an answering machine that sounded legit, but...the zip doesn't exist, the city doesn't exist (in washington) and the countdown ends at midnight Oct 1 eastern standard time...oh, and the pic, i am almost sure it is the CG representation of the METACORTEX building in M1, but turned counterclockwise about 90 degrees...the phone number is washington area code, but...THis is so weird, cause we know its fake, we just dont know why it is here...and the popup will change again, if the amount it has changed in a week is any indication...

Audioheem, you're a genius, i cant believe that you found that...so, anybody know whats in San Antonio? Wheres the postproduction happening? WHere do the bros live?

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 04:45 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vim
ILFTKYS

you know the Wachowski bros probably put that there to get fans like us all riled up! lol ...

Witness the power of the human spirit in Clashing Forces - Reclamation! A novel by Wesley Belk (that's me!) Here's a sneak peek of the book! The power of the Human Spirit should never be underestimated!Clashing Forces Check the site out for more details!

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 05:09 PM
Vim is currently offline Click here to Send Vim a Private Message Find more posts by Vim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

What does the phone say?

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 05:09 PM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

And why Eastern standar time???? 1 thing for sure, I will be wired to my comp.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 05:10 PM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vim
ILFTKYS

i just emailed them. its [email protected]... i asked where it was located? never know someone might email me back !! lol

Witness the power of the human spirit in Clashing Forces - Reclamation! A novel by Wesley Belk (that's me!) Here's a sneak peek of the book! The power of the Human Spirit should never be underestimated!Clashing Forces Check the site out for more details!

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 05:13 PM
Vim is currently offline Click here to Send Vim a Private Message Find more posts by Vim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

I still want to know what the phone said

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 05:20 PM
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

I asked a bit more info, History, Functions etc etc... Within Seconds of sending I got this back:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your interest in MetaCortex. With the aid of our exclusive
MetaMailex technology, your message has been forwarded to the appropriate
department or individual.

If a response is required or necessary, you should receive it soon.

Thank you,

MetaCortex
Serving you into the 21st century
www.metacortechs.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds Legit, but i don't know, there somehting about it......

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 05:24 PM
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

maybe they used the ACTUAL existing company for the movie and used then names and all.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 05:30 PM
Vim
ILFTKYS

i doubt it, you see my cousin's a computer freak, plus he works on them, he would've mentioned them at some point, especially since they're "one of the largerst software companies in the world!"

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 05:34 PM
Vim
ILFTKYS

Return-Path: <[email protected]>

Received: from 66.135.35.41 (EHLO atlas.underscorehosting.com) (66.135.35.41) by mta238.mail.scd.yahoo.com with SMTP; Sun, 28 Sep 2003 10:12:08 -0700

Received: from metacortechs.com (localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1]) by atlas.underscorehosting.com (8.11.6/8.11.6) with ESMTP id h8SHBjb29577 for <[email protected]>; Sun, 28 Sep 2003 12:11:45 -0500

Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 12:11:45 -0500

Message-Id: <[email protected]>

does all this help in figuring out where metacortechs(cortex) is or who is email me back? ANYTHING????!!!!

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 05:39 PM
Vim
ILFTKYS

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! on that atlas.underscorehosting.com website there's a METAPAGE WEBSITE BUILDER!! The Metacortex has You!

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 05:40 PM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

i dunno, i cant remember, i think it was just the guys name and leave a message...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 29th, 2003 12:39 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

I am still waiting for the e-mail.... after wich I will ask more "in-deph" questions relating to the Matrix. I just hope some "The Matrix is Real" guy doesn't pop around here, because, well, no shaking from a fake company that exists, if you know what I mean.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2003 03:00 AM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

HAHA...there will ALWAYS be a "the matrix is real" person around here...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 29th, 2003 03:06 AM
tshirt

This was the topic of another thread. I believe it is a fake site. The zip code does not exist. The city does not exist. The company does not exist.

From what I posted earlier:

Clearly a fake site.
After reading about the game, my guess is that it is similar to the websites that existed in Grand Theft Auto and other games. The sites are more decorative than anything else, and work to build the atmosphere of the game.

Not that important. Grand Theft Auto and other games have created fake websites. In GTA there are various advertisers on the "radio" and companies in the game. The game producers created real websites for the fake companies:

h t t p://www.pogothemonkey.c..
h t t p://www.petsovernight.c..
lovemedia.tv

My guess is they are something similar. The websites states that you don't have to leave the game enviroment. The sites might work like the animatrix. They may provide you with some information, but are not required to experience the game.

My question is how many other fake sites are out there?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2003 03:12 AM
tshirt is currently offline Click here to Send tshirt a Private Message Find more posts by tshirt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

but the other sites came out right before the game, right? Whats the point of making a site months, close to a YEAR before the game comes out, if only US are gonna see it? Theres something behind it, but we only have to wait two days to find out...rather than over a month for movie... sad

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 29th, 2003 03:15 AM
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Pets Overnight!!!

Old Post Sep 29th, 2003 03:18 AM
icon
New meaning to Free Agent

This is a test.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2003 05:27 AM
icon is currently offline Click here to Send icon a Private Message Find more posts by icon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
obhaive
mmm red pills...arhghhhhh

Intersetinh thread from another forum...read it to the end for some interesting opinions.....

www . inreview . com / archive / topic / 5221 . html

Old Post Sep 29th, 2003 05:47 AM
obhaive is currently offline Click here to Send obhaive a Private Message Find more posts by obhaive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

alright, we are within eleven hours of the unveiling of the www.metacortechs.com site, and the site has AGAIN changed...go check it out, and in exactly eleven hours, it will be up...that is all...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 30th, 2003 05:02 PM