KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » A Challenge from the Mod

Who reads ALL of the works posted here?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
I do! 4 50.00%
Why should I? 4 50.00%
Total: 8 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

A Challenge from the Mod
Started by: Captain REX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

A Challenge from the Mod

I have been getting a feeling like absolutley NOBODY has been reading my stuff. There are a few other writers in here that I guess are feeling the same way. For example, Another Smithy's story, The Warrior to Unite, has only gotten praise from ME and me alone. The last time someone said something praising my Star Wars fan fics was in July! eek!

Now, I have a challenge for you. No reward for doing this except good reading and having happy writers! I challenge you to read up on a majority of the stories in here, and then give some praise on it. This place is here for writing, but not only that. Also, I have a feeling that people are flocking to the shorter stories that have less paragraphs and less long reading. That tends to annoy me...

Who accepts the challenge?

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 12:15 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Another_Smithy

You go dude! wink

Check out my fic "The Warrior to Unite"

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 01:56 AM
Another_Smithy is currently offline Click here to Send Another_Smithy a Private Message Find more posts by Another_Smithy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
masterofmatrix
Matrix Geezer

sometimes hacing shorter stories tends to have more parts posted

"It Ends In November"

(pic made by alias neo)

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 07:47 AM
masterofmatrix is currently offline Click here to Send masterofmatrix a Private Message Find more posts by masterofmatrix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
masterofmatrix
Matrix Geezer

so thats a no i will not do it

"It Ends In November"

(pic made by alias neo)

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 07:47 AM
masterofmatrix is currently offline Click here to Send masterofmatrix a Private Message Find more posts by masterofmatrix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

you know that we're not reading your stories?? eek! stick out tonguewink

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 12:35 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
masterofmatrix
Matrix Geezer

course he does

"It Ends In November"

(pic made by alias neo)

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 01:23 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Of course I do, there's no commentary since July except for Another Smithy's recent remark. smile

The fact that the shorter stories have more parts posted means nothing, Masterofmatrix. They eventually just add up to be shorter or nearly as long as the longer stories. For instance, I post chapter by chapter. I don't think anyone has reached the length of my stories yet.

Last edited by REXXXX on Sep 28th, 2003 at 04:57 PM

Old Post Sep 28th, 2003 04:41 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I see that everyone is doing their best to ignore what I've written...

Old Post Oct 1st, 2003 09:59 PM
yerssot

I see they received my PM wink

Old Post Oct 1st, 2003 10:28 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

sometimes reading a story that has shorter segments is more apealing then reading a huge lumped together stretch of words. It's a psychological thing Rex.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2003 08:07 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

*cuts off Yerss's head and throws it across the room*

What PM, Yerss? stick out tongue

*sigh* Well, I just have a feeling that most of the writers who have longer segments are feeling left out because nobody is reading them...such as me and Another Smithy...

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2003 11:18 PM
BackFire

yeah, i completely understand how you're feeling, i was just trying to maybe give you some insight in why they may be skimping on reading the longer works on teh board.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 12:45 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Yeah, I suppose your right. Then again, I'm in an advanced literature class at school, so long writing is what I'm used to... sad

Maybe if I start making everything short people will look at mine. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 02:24 PM
yerssot

you make what short?

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 03:48 PM
BackFire

quote:
Originally posted by Captain REX
Yeah, I suppose your right. Then again, I'm in an advanced literature class at school, so long writing is what I'm used to... sad

Maybe if I start making everything short people will look at mine. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Think of it this way Rex, you're stories are too good and complex for simple minded people to read and understand. Only brilliant minds like yours will get them stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 10:16 PM
yerssot

oh, I like that explenation wink

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 10:18 PM
Another_Smithy

Yerssot, the amount of time you have been arguing with Rex in this topic you probably could have read Rex's fic, and definately mine for that matter.

Check out my fic "The Warrior to Unite"

Old Post Oct 5th, 2003 12:44 AM
Another_Smithy is currently offline Click here to Send Another_Smithy a Private Message Find more posts by Another_Smithy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Indeed. Still, I kind of made this thread for discussion anyway...

Of course it's too complex, I'm all knowing and have a very complex mind! big grin

Old Post Oct 5th, 2003 03:19 AM
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

I will after next week - too much schoolwork at the mo!

Old Post Oct 5th, 2003 12:36 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

oh, but I don't like to read wink

Old Post Oct 5th, 2003 12:37 PM