KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » What was the best vacation you ever had?

What was the best vacation you ever had?
Started by: Ratcat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ratcat

What, you think I'm crossing the line?

Old Post May 1st, 2001 02:16 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I'm getting a sensor installed...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 1st, 2001 02:21 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Sensors can be fooled.

Old Post May 1st, 2001 02:23 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I'll get Edna to install one then.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post May 1st, 2001 02:27 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Well I guess my best one next to getting engaged at Cape Hatteras was when we went to California. Our friends live in Roseville which is about 2 1/2 hours north of San Francisco. The pic of Tommy and me at Alcatraz was taken on that trip. We went there and fishermans wharf and Haight Ashbury. Totally cool, although the plane ride was way too long.

Old Post May 1st, 2001 02:27 AM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Try 11 hours from the UK to CA, that's a trip I don't look forward too, though the airport pick-up should make up for that. wink

Old Post May 1st, 2001 02:30 AM
Edna Witch
Magic

12 hours on a plane that feels as though it is about to fall apart beneath you on the way to Zimbabwe! Plus the fact that it was practically empty was a bit worrying. We had like ten seats each!

"This Party's Over" -Mace Windu, epII

Old Post May 1st, 2001 02:42 AM
Edna Witch is currently offline Click here to Send Edna Witch a Private Message Find more posts by Edna Witch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

AT least you could lay across the seats I suppose.

Old Post May 1st, 2001 02:43 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Heck, I can't even use a train without difficulties...

BtVS

Old Post May 1st, 2001 02:48 AM
Ratcat

I really hate travelling by train.

Old Post May 1st, 2001 02:56 AM
Edna Witch
Magic

I quite like trains! Better thanbike!

"This Party's Over" -Mace Windu, epII

Old Post May 1st, 2001 03:04 AM
Edna Witch is currently offline Click here to Send Edna Witch a Private Message Find more posts by Edna Witch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I just got put off by all those crashes and cars falling onto tracks and stuff like that.

Old Post May 1st, 2001 03:09 AM
finti

back on topic.
I had a great vacation in 87, Benidorm Spain, we were 16 friends and it was 14 days of party.
Also 98 on Korfu, Greece, very nice hotel with a cool bar where I spent 14 days while Monika was sunbathing by the pool. I hate sunbathing I`m way to restless 15 min. in the sun and I long for the shades and a cold beer. cool or ten.

Old Post May 1st, 2001 02:56 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

Now finti knows how to take a vacation !!! Total rest and relaxation ! smokin'

Old Post May 1st, 2001 03:14 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

quote:
Originally posted by finti:
<STRONG>back on topic.</STRONG>

Um, trains and bikes = Transportation
Transportation required to go on vacation

We were on topic. stick out tongue

Old Post May 1st, 2001 03:33 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Mind you, RC, the rational side of you knows that trains are safe. Safest mode of transport in the world.

BtVS

Old Post May 1st, 2001 10:15 PM
Ratcat

So, I'm supposed to ride trains because of that.

Let's see.
Trains
  • Uncomfortable seats, no wide enough
  • Cramped, overcrouded
  • Too hot in the summer, too cold in the winter
  • Never on time
  • Dirty
My Car
  • Confortable seats, with ample room
  • AC in the summer, heat in the winter
  • Not cramped or uncomfortable
  • OK, so I may get caught in traffic jams but I can just sit back, turn on the radio and chill
  • Clean as I want it to be

Someone will undoubtably pull up the pollution issue soon. Well, as soon as I can get an LPG or Electric car, I will.

Old Post May 1st, 2001 11:05 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Private transport in Londonm will be banned within our lifetime. Other places will follow.

Public transport is the future.

BtVS

Old Post May 1st, 2001 11:19 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

I wish we all had transporters like on Star Trek. That would be cool. smokin'

Old Post May 1st, 2001 11:23 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It WOULD solve all problems, yes.

Excpet for the inevitable HUMAN factor!

"Hello darling, yes, I'm going to be late... yeah, my legs have ended up in Zurich instead of Heathrow... I'll need to get some spares..."

[ May 01, 2001: Message edited by: Ushgarak ]

BtVS

Old Post May 1st, 2001 11:29 PM